You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    Played 3 lost 3
    Posted by acebarry10
    I think you've got the wrong idea Baz! (sorry mate, couldn't resist) :-)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Gareth you refer to something I've wondered about having only played up and down the lower levels (30p - £3.30) Hence my request to Greg if he could find time to report his findings if he goes all the way along the food chain.
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    Funny you should say this - in more affluent times, I have played £11 dyms and higher and have tended to do better than when I've been playing £2 & £3 recently. I came to the conclusion that once the play gets four handed, the inevitable light shove is more effective at the higher levels, because players are better and recognise the gap concept. At micro levels, players are weak enough that they will call off with kj/kq etc, which is not good when you are shoving with air - just my opinion anyway
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : I think you've got the wrong idea Baz! (sorry mate, couldn't resist) :-)
    Posted by darich
    Lol
  • edited July 2010
    played a 30p 60p and 1.15, cashed in all three

then bubbled in the 2.25

lets start again

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Funny you should say this - in more affluent times, I have played £11 dyms and higher and have tended to do better than when I've been playing £2 & £3 recently. I came to the conclusion that once the play gets four handed, the inevitable light shove is more effective at the higher levels, because players are better and recognise the gap concept. At micro levels, players are weak enough that they will call off with kj/kq etc, which is not good when you are shoving with air - just my opinion anyway
    Posted by darich
    Thanks darich.

That's the sort of stuff I was hoping for. I reckon we could all benefit from this month's challenge if the postings even at this early stage are anything to go by.

(DB - still on 5)
  • edited July 2010

played a 30p 60p and 1.15, cashed in all three then bubbled in the 2.25 lets start again
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Welcome to my world Greg - three wins and one loss and you're down 80p!

It's a hard life.

Edit - now on 6

• edited July 2010
    Lost my 6th one 1 £2.20 had 88 flop 855 slow played it, turn blank pot bet called, river jack, i bet pot again he goes all in had jj, my fault for slow playing doubt he would have folded tho anyway.

So cashed in 3 out of 6 (that sucks) but a whooping £1.20 up

Gareth
  • edited July 2010
    Lost my 6th one 1 £2.20 had 88 flop 885 slow played it, turn blank pot bet called, river jack, i bet pot again he goes all in had jj, my fault for slow playing doubt he would have folded tho anyway. So cashed in 3 out of 6 (that sucks) but a whooping £1.20 up Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    If you flopped quad 8s and lost to a boat, I'd ring customer services :-)
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in, 2 wins in a row so far, £1.15 and £3.30

Great idea Greg, good luck. BRM rules forbid me from playing over a tenner.

(this could easily turn into a bad-beat thread, please don't start posting them chaps!)
  • edited July 2010
    Cashed in the first 3 I played, 30p, 60p and £1.15.

I've entered the same 3, let's see what happens.

EDIT: Lost in one of them and went crazy on my other 2, cashed in 1, lost 1.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Funny you should say this - in more affluent times, I have played £11 dyms and higher and have tended to do better than when I've been playing £2 & £3 recently. I came to the conclusion that once the play gets four handed, the inevitable light shove is more effective at the higher levels, because players are better and recognise the gap concept. At micro levels, players are weak enough that they will call off with kj/kq etc, which is not good when you are shoving with air - just my opinion anyway
    Posted by darich
    I find the <£3 ones a bit crazy, the £5-£10 ones fine and then higher than that it's full of bullies that pick on me all the time. My worst ever nights are playing dyms and chasing losses by doubling stakes. A few terror shows there although bizarrely enough I have a 2/3 record in the £50 ones.

Going to give this a bash though and try to stick to the £5 ones. I'm counting the £50 one I won late last night though so it's 1 and counting.
  • edited July 2010
    played another set of four

30p 60p, 1.15 and 2.25 cashed in all!

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

onwards and upwards, next step 3.30 and 5.50

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : If you flopped quad 8s and lost to a boat, I'd ring customer services :-)
    Posted by darich
    lol oops 855 flop will edit now
  • edited July 2010

One 2.25 played and one cash - got incredibly lucky on the bubble though - shoved with 54 called by jacks and flopped 2 pair :-)

• edited July 2010

Few beers and hyper aggression pulled me through. I'm on fire.

You're lucky I've only time for one yet before I have to go to a wedding dance Long :-)
  • edited July 2010

played 7 won 6 on a roll

woooohoooooooooo

• edited July 2010
    OK, now this is going far too well

cashed in the 3.30 and the 5.50 so thats 6/6 and 9/10 so far

next step 11 and 16.50

• edited July 2010

2 of 2 omaha dym
  • edited July 2010
    3. And signing off for the night. Firing 3rd bullets from an air gun can only be effective for so long.

Good night and God bless.
  • edited July 2010
    LOL!

You've nicked my idea Long!!!!!

Damn you and your speed! 

Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

posted at 1/7/2010 1:43 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 23/5/2009
    Last: 3/7/2010
    In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE:
    well done rich ....... so much better than May ...... now the questions is are you running a July .......or taking a holiday Andy Bee
    Posted by ANDYBEE

Hi Andy- cheers mate. Yes, infinitely better for May. For July though I'm not going to run a month-long comp- I'm going to organise a few one-night only challenges.

I might have a DYM-athon for example. Who can cash in the most- (at whatever level people feel comfortable playing at) between 7pm and midnight one night with the best record winning some goodies. 

More details...when I think of them! LOL

Seriously though- great idea for a challenge and great thread. I for one will be very much on board with this. My all-time record is 13. I recently did 9 in a row and I've cashed in 22 of the last 27 I've played. BOOM!

My current run however stands at a lowly 2...

Good luck to you lovely LM and everyone else attempting this challenge.

PS- Don't even THINK about beating me though... x

• edited July 2010
    LOL! You've nicked my idea Long!!!!! Damn you and your speed!  Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE posted at 1/7/2010 1:43 PM BST on SkyPoker.com   RICHORFORD Posts: 1348 First: 23/5/2009 Last: 3/7/2010 In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE : well done rich ....... so much better than May ...... now the questions is are you running a July .......or taking a holiday Andy Bee Posted by ANDYBEE Hi Andy- cheers mate. Yes, infinitely better for May. For July though I'm not going to run a month-long comp- I'm going to organise a few one-night only challenges. I might have a DYM-athon for example. Who can cash in the most- (at whatever level people feel comfortable playing at) between 7pm and midnight one night with the best record winning some goodies.  More details...when I think of them! LOL Seriously though- great idea for a challenge and great thread. I for one will be very much on board with this. My all-time record is 13. I recently did 9 in a row and I've cashed in 22 of the last 27 I've played. BOOM! My current run however stands at a lowly 2... Good luck to you lovely LM and everyone else attempting this challenge. PS- Don't even THINK about beating me though... x
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I'll take a gramme please LML. Getting a bit dippy here.
  • edited July 2010
    Lost 4, won 1 wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited July 2010
    Hi LMl,
    Since the 1st of july I have won 5 consecutive dym,
    Wil let u know when I take the next step.
  • edited July 2010
    Technically, Lisa-Marie nicked her own idea (see here) which you were going to nick!  Whatever happened to this DYM BRC?  Erm, was I not supposed to mention this?

LM'S DYM BRC OK?!!

posted at 14/5/2010 5:52 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

LML
    First: 14/10/2009
    Yes indeed, just look at all those bright shining Capital letter. It fair warms the cockles of my heart to see them there.

But WHAT do they MEAN exactly?

Well Master Richard of Orfordness had declared his BR challenge and after witnessing his erm.. imaginative and somewhat SPEEDY drop to £2 (ish) I though I would take a slightly different tack. Not that I'm worried mind. Nope. Quite the contrary in fact!

I am a veritable paragon of Bank rolling virtue. As such I shall be topping up my personal account to £100 and unlike Mr Orford I shall give myself no such chance of being an unmitigated LOSER (Love ya Pal).

I shall achieve my BR challange using only the power of DYM's and the lyrics of the great and mighty erm Snap.. 'I've got the power'... yeah yeah yeah... I'm also going to throw in a few freerolls and Tourneys as well just to keep me motivated!

Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

posted at 3/7/2010 7:06 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

LOL!

You've nicked my idea Long!!!!!

Damn you and your speed! 

Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE

posted at 1/7/2010 1:43 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

In Response to Re: ORFORD'S BANKROLL CHALLENGE:
    well done rich ....... so much better than May ...... now the questions is are you running a July .......or taking a holiday Andy Bee
    Posted by ANDYBEE

Hi Andy- cheers mate. Yes, infinitely better for May. For July though I'm not going to run a month-long comp- I'm going to organise a few one-night only challenges.

I might have a DYM-athon for example. Who can cash in the most- (at whatever level people feel comfortable playing at) between 7pm and midnight one night with the best record winning some goodies. 

More details...when I think of them! LOL

Seriously though- great idea for a challenge and great thread. I for one will be very much on board with this. My all-time record is 13. I recently did 9 in a row and I've cashed in 22 of the last 27 I've played. BOOM!

My current run however stands at a lowly 2...

Good luck to you lovely LM and everyone else attempting this challenge.

PS- Don't even THINK about beating me though... x
    (Nice post stackage eh?)

Edit: ok, so I've now read the original DYM BRC and it's not a consecutive cashes challenge.  But I've written this post now and it looks so pretty. :-)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    So, there you have it.. The gauntlet! Thrown down at your feet.
    Posted by LML
    Ooh, Lisa-Marie and a challenge, a sentence spoken more than once me thinks.

I'm in, currently on +1
  • edited July 2010
    OK, my 30p to £110 challenge is going well

cashed so far in 30p 60p 1.15, 2.25, 3.3, 5.5 and 11.

so 7/7 today.

just need to now win 16.50, 22, 33, 55, and 110.

can i do it?

i think im gonna wait till tomorrow for the next level unless im tempted later...

• edited July 2010
    OK, my 30p to £110 challenge is going well cashed so far in 30p 60p 1.15, 2.25, 3.3, 5.5 and 11. so 7/7 today. just need to now win 16.50, 22, 33, 55, and 110. can i do it? i think im gonna wait till tomorrow for the next level unless im tempted later...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Very impressive stuff Hoggers, I have reached the dizzy heights of 3 now.
  • edited July 2010
    I had wrote a long post about how it went for me today but it just turned into a bad beat post so deleted it.  As you can guess it hasnt gone well today, played over £20 and to start of with was sensible and played within my role (only deposited £20 today to take part in this).

It wasnt about the money today i just wnated to get a decent streak at the 30p level would have done me, well so i thought i ended up playing £11 when I had 24 in my account and it all went horribly wrong.

Highest streak of a day was a poor 5, will be back to give this another shot, not this week tho gunna have a few days break except the world cup comp tomorrow.

Good Luck all

Gareth
  • edited July 2010
    6 consecutive dyms so far today.
    Got a bit bored , entered two MTTS, cashed in one, out on the bubble in the other.
    So far so good.