You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : yea stupendous is a great player, do the consec wins have 2 b in ascending money order? or jus consec games? thanks
    Posted by merivale02
    Just consecutive DYM games.
    Good luck.
  • edited July 2010
    Had a run of 9 this afternoon, I can see i'm not going to be winning this but it's still nice to beat your personal best innit.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : yea stupendous is a great player, do the consec wins have 2 b in ascending money order? or jus consec games? thanks
    Posted by merivale02
    youre not bad yourself...youve knocked me out twice recently lol;)
  • edited July 2010
    Had a run of 9 this afternoon, I can see i'm not going to be winning this but it's still nice to beat your personal best innit.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Well done John!!

Reckon it'll not long before you beat it again.

Good luck mate
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Just consecutive DYM games. Good luck.
    Posted by MereNovice
    thanks m8 :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : youre not bad yourself...youve knocked me out twice recently lol;)
    Posted by STUPENDOUS
    lol thanks stu m8, think were about evens now.....c u on the tables soon :)
  • edited July 2010
    up to 6

Last game lasted all of 10 mins 

Off to find them again
  • edited July 2010
    i won 9 in a row the other nite
  • edited July 2010
    Just lost my ninth game...oh well beat my record and got 8 in a row.....

Sharkscope details....
    GameIDDate (GMT)TypeEntryFeePositionProfit
     2957133  21-Jul-10  19:32  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2956940  21-Jul-10  18:49  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2947140  19-Jul-10  23:03  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2946907  19-Jul-10  22:26  NL Holdem   £31/6£2.70
     2941423  18-Jul-10  23:30  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2940620  18-Jul-10  20:58  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2935847  17-Jul-10  23:32  NL Holdem   £21/6£1.75
     2934412  17-Jul-10  19:09 NL Holdem 
    £21/6£1.75
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Got 14 now.
    Posted by ficino
    good luck....keep it going...one a nite, gud strategy
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!!:
    Good luck to those who go for the challenge but when you take the rake into account don't you think playing DYM's is like taking odds-on for an even money shot - no value at all. You have to win 7 from every 13 to break even. A losing strategy it strikes me. In fact over all on that basis there must be more losers than winners and, on the basis  of pure luck, it all evens out and everyone loses. apart from the rake holder. There is much more to be made in a standard S&G but they seem to be defunct on SKYPOKER where every game is a  Scary or  DYM. I'll stick to the MTT's. but as I say good luck to those who take it on.
  • edited July 2010
    rakes to high for me..... no value..... if you win 6/10 you dont make a profit...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Good luck to those who go for the challenge but when you take the rake into account don't you think playing DYM's is like taking odds-on for an even money shot - no value at all. You have to win 7 from every 13 to break even. A losing strategy it strikes me. In fact over all on that basis there must be more losers than winners and, on the basis  of pure luck, it all evens out and everyone loses. apart from the rake holder. There is much more to be made in a standard S&G but they seem to be defunct on SKYPOKER where every game is a  Scary or  DYM. I'll stick to the MTT's. but as I say good luck to those who take it on.
    Posted by tiercel
    Yep, the rake is expensive. Nobody's gonna get rich, but good players can make 10% ROI playing DYMs on Sky (my DYM ROI is 7%). When you add in cash for points as well that's not so bad.

Many recreational players simply play the DYM tournaments because they enjoy them, they're happy playing a game that can last 45 minutes for just a small stake, if they can break or show a small profit that makes it even better. Not everybody is here to try and make their fortune.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to DYM Challenge for July.. How many consecutive wins?!!! : Good luck to those who go for the challenge but when you take the rake into account don't you think playing DYM's is like taking odds-on for an even money shot - no value at all. You have to win 7 from every 13 to break even. A losing strategy it strikes me. In fact over all on that basis there must be more losers than winners and, on the basis  of pure luck, it all evens out and everyone loses. apart from the rake holder. There is much more to be made in a standard S&G but they seem to be defunct on SKYPOKER where every game is a  Scary or  DYM. I'll stick to the MTT's. but as I say good luck to those who take it on.
    Posted by tiercel
    I can see where you are coming from but its like any S&G where you get to know a lot of different people and their play and a lot of new people who may or may not have played these before. There is a certain strategy which works for me and having played these predominantly for 5 months, they are good fun and i do make money from them(never enough to retire lol). I also know somone on here who makes a living from them. I guess certain games appeal to certain people, I will still play the odd MTT with the hope of having a really good win and as with any game of poker, you need patience, discipline, strrategy and of course luck. Good luck to you in your MTT's, but strangely I have become an addictive convert :).
  • edited July 2010
    1 managed 13 in a row, but lost the 14, have now won the 14th to 18th so 17 out of 18 is not bad. My sharkscope graph is looking pretty good.
  • edited July 2010
    Hopefully the following is a fair refelection of the results reported into the Forum so far...... please remember there's every possibility that non-forum members will be having some excellent consecutive results out there.....so we'll only really know the outright winner after Sky have completed an audit at the end of the month.....even so the following is a useful guide as to what you're currently up against.

GOING INTO THE HOME STRAIGHT ....... will n-n-n-n-nineteen hold?.....Stupendous could be on his way to represent the DYM players at DTD.....it is 6 max with three cashing there I take it?????
    --------------------------------------------------

STUPENDOUS            19

cpfc2010         14
    GaryQQQ             14
    JockBMW              14
    Kellymj                 14
    ficino                14

cpfc2010       13
    cobbler78       13

CoxyLBoro      12
    Largearce         12

Leyster          11
    Corpsman      11
    Summerjade    11

Greg Hogg     10
    par196409     10
    goodylad21    10
    Supersmith     10
    merivale          10

Greg Hogg       9
    SamJay           9
    gbo1981         9
    ciaranco23      9
    Rusty14          9
    BamBam10     9
    SUPERSNEDD    9  (twice)
    JohnConnor      9
    leggy62           9

IrishRover       8
    DudButini        8 (twice)
    GaryQQQ        8
    loonytoons      8
    Richard49        8
    John Connor    8
    SuperSmith     8
    Jacko999        8
    Smythe263      8
    TigerChips       8

Greg Hogg       7  (twice)
    JohnConnor     7
    Owlettes          7
    lazyandluc        7
    Sav4BP            7
    blankcheck       7
    HOG60             7
    phil12UK          7 (twice)
    Ralph317         7
    TigerChips       7
    Stueyh             7
    afc4ever          7
    Kevcoke69       7
    hawk7112        7 (twice)

Pomfrittes       6
    Wynne1938     6
    TheDon90       6
    PalmerK9        6
    EasyLife09       6   (twice)
    Largearce         6

Presenters Challenge

Lisa Marie Long     3
    Richard Orford       2
    James Hartigan      1 LIFETIME ..... not sure what month it was it COULD have been a July sometime!!

last edited 1.48pm 24th July
  • edited July 2010
    Nuts! 8 then my brother rang and I got distracted, still, good for me.
  • edited July 2010
    Just my luck, on a run of 8 but more importantly starting to run really well and I've got to go out for dinner :-(. Playing the main event later as well so here's hoping my good luck continues when i restart on the DYMs later tonight. My primary target is to win 2 more to beat my own record so far of 9, then, who knows.....
  • edited July 2010
    Up to 8

Quickly followed by 9
  • edited July 2010
    does racking up wins at the 30p level still count?
  • edited July 2010
    9 consecutive wins also 2 £3.30s 7 £5.50s
  • edited July 2010
    Just my luck, on a run of 8 but more importantly starting to run really well and I've got to go out for dinner :-(. Playing the main event later as well so here's hoping my good luck continues when i restart on the DYMs later tonight. My primary target is to win 2 more to beat my own record so far of 9, then, who knows.....
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Well that ended in very disappointing fashion. Got back nice and early and decided to sneak one in before the open. Played apallingly and now back down to zero :-(. Should have just waited til later, was looking forward to coming on against the Sat night LAGs on a run of 8, never mind...
  • edited July 2010
    up to 10 half way...............sigh
  • edited July 2010
    Am back upto 4 am 6 best for the month.

Well done all the guys with big totals, it tough man.

I agree with K, AK sucks it the DYM killer!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Just back from Holiday... Up to 3 in this run .. best for the month 14.  

Long way to go to catch up with Stupendous,  we just both cashed in a DYM Omaha game.  Well done Stupendous and a "Bloody Nice Bloke" to boot 
  • edited July 2010
    ive just won my 10th DYM in a row :)

yes admittedly only at 30p :P

but still 10 in row