You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM, then play on... and on and on....

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
I have been multi tabling "double your money" (DYM) sit and goes for the last couple of days.

Then, when i cash in the one of the games, i have to play on, (obviously shoving in every hand) and it just seems pointless, and distracting to me. If i close the table down it reloads... aaaaaaaaaargh...

I also find it a little annoying that i am on the bubble in 3 other games for example and then have to try to get the other people on the game that has finished to get their chips in! I simply shouldnt have to worry about a game i have cashed in!

So my question is, Should DYM games stop once three players have cashed? This happens on other sites, and seems sensible to me... The game is over! We are all winners! On sharkscope it shows 1st place even if you finish 3rd, its the sky table software that would need amending slightly to cut the game off when 3 people are left...

Comments

• edited July 2010
    how would the points work then greg?
  • edited July 2010
    I think yes but you could just click "sit out" if you have more important games on the go.

With nothing to play for in the games you have already cashed in, it's just a distraction if you have to continue playing them.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM, then play on... and on and on....:
    how would the points work then greg?
    Posted by silver8ack
    Same points to all three cashers, a dym is like a satellite mtt imo, there is no first, just a number of places you have to get to. You don't have to win, you just have to get 3rd!

• edited July 2010
    I think yes but you could just click "sit out" if you have more important games on the go. With nothing to play for in the games you have already cashed in, it's just a distraction if you have to continue playing them.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    why should i have to, but yes you make a fair point.

the game should just close... it's a waste of every one's time.

if you want to play fun poker, play on the free play tables.
  • edited July 2010
    THIS ALSO APPLIES TO SATELLITES!

THESE SHOULD ALSO CUT OFF WHEN ALL SEATS ARE WON!

• edited July 2010
    Good idea, and I don't care about the points they mean nothing to me.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with this Greg.  Once me and a guy were level HU and he sat out, meaning I had to steal blinds for ages before it would finish.

Split the league points equally and automatically shut the table down when there are 3 left.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with this Greg.  Once me and a guy were level HU and he sat out, meaning I had to steal blinds for ages before it would finish. Split the league points equally and automatically shut the table down when there are 3 left.
    Posted by scotty77

Me you and noseybonk cant be the only sensible ones around here Scotty, that would be worrying to say the least:)
  • edited July 2010
    I agree greg, played a game yesterday.  One player had built up a massive stack but as soon as there was only three left, they were just folding, took longer to finish the game than to get to the final three!
  • edited July 2010
    I agree greg, played a game yesterday.  One player had built up a massive stack but as soon as there was only three left, they were just folding, took longer to finish the game than to get to the final three!
    Posted by Patching99
    My point exactly! to quote the great Oynutter,

FLOPWIT STUPID!
  • edited July 2010

I half agree Greg.....and half disagree TBH mate.

For smaller BR players it might not be just 'cashing' the only objective in the DYM's. For some the league points will be important plus/and getting some practice in at playing 3 handed/ HU poker.

Not every player can afford to multi table 8 at a time and reload the next game soon as one is 'over'.

I do however agree that putting an option in to leave the table once they have cashed would be a good idea for those who wish to cash and run! :)

Alan

(I used to be undecided.....but I am not quite sure now!)
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with this Greg.  Once me and a guy were level HU and he sat out, meaning I had to steal blinds for ages before it would finish. Split the league points equally and automatically shut the table down when there are 3 left.
    Posted by scotty77
    You should also sit out in retaliation, lol.  If it's not going to finish on your terms he can suffer too.

But I agree Greg, once it's final 3, end the game.  It's even worse in PLO8 games where you are in the final 3 on an early level, since you can only pot bet it can take an age to end if someone doesn't understand what's going on.
  • edited July 2010
    sounds good if sky will do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    I half agree Greg.....and half disagree TBH mate. For smaller BR players it might not be just 'cashing' the only objective in the DYM's. 1. For some the league points will be important plus/and getting some practice in at playing 3 handed/ HU poker. Not every player can afford to multi table 8 at a time and reload the next game soon as one is 'over'. I do however agree that putting 2. an option in to leave the table once they have cashed would be a good idea for those who wish to cash and run! :) Alan (I used to be undecided.....but I am not quite sure now!)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan with regard to 1, there are other ways to practice short handed poker. try a normal sng, or free play. But yes i hear what you are saying. league points should be split equally between all cashers, i dont agree with the current league point thing where 3rd gets nothing.

2. would be a reasonable compromise, but i would prefer the game to end automatically.
  • edited July 2010
    Slightly off topic, but the point you make about tables reloading once you have `x`d them is so annoying.  Why should we have to click stand and then `x` the table.
  • edited July 2010
    I half agree Greg.....and half disagree TBH mate. For smaller BR players it might not be just 'cashing' the only objective in the DYM's. For some the league points will be important plus/and getting some practice in at playing 3 handed/ HU poker. Not every player can afford to multi table 8 at a time and reload the next game soon as one is 'over'. I do however agree that putting an option in to leave the table once they have cashed would be a good idea for those who wish to cash and run! :) Alan (I used to be undecided.....but I am not quite sure now!)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I understand what you are saying but the only way you are getting good practice is if all three left are playing to win.  Does this ever happen?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM, then play on... and on and on.... : Same points to all three cashers, a dym is like a satellite mtt imo, there is no first, just a number of places you have to get to. You don't have to win, you just have to get 3rd!
    Posted by GREGHOGG

+1 i like the sound of that Greg -  speaking of Sats there's a Monday nite £22 Deepstack sat TONITE @7-15pm

Michael
  • edited July 2010
    defo agree. Share the league points equally and end the game.
  • edited July 2010
    defo agree. Share the league points equally and end the game.
    Posted by phil12uk
    +1
  • edited July 2010
    I play mostly DYM Gregg and once im in the cash i all in every hand,  i was a bit hesitant at first as i thought i was ruining the other two player game.  But as my laptop can only handle a couple of tables at a time the quicker its over the better.

So i vote Yes :)
  • edited July 2010
    Points should be split and table should close down just like other sites.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes,yes,yes.

I suggested this on the forum soon after joining. Sky are losing out on rake because all 3 winning players probably want to sit straight down at another table and start their next game. The league points should be shared and the game stopped as soon as there are 3 players left, that's what happens on other sites.
  • edited July 2010
    I used to play a lot of DYMs but now find that everyone plays extremely tight early on and then they become a shovefest when the blinds start to count. Why not restructure them into a 321 format so that the winner gets 3 x the buy in the 2nd doubles up and 3rd just gets his money back. This would keep everyones interest and mean that everyone would want to play them out to the end???

• edited July 2010
     Personally I have an urge to finish number one even if their is no extra revenue!
  • edited July 2010
    Why not restructure them into a 321 format so that the winner gets 3 x the buy in the 2nd doubles up and 3rd just gets his money back.
    Then it would not be a DYM anymore
    But something else more hardcore

Regarding stopping the game when only 3
    I'm afraid but I have to disagree

This is good practice for heads up
    And I like playing it, yup

• edited July 2010
    I'm with you greg.
    The game should end when down to 3.
    Most other sites do it.
    C'mon sky , it makes sense.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM, then play on... and on and on.... : My point exactly! to quote the great Oynutter, FLOPWIT STUPID!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I agree Greg--- FLOPWIT STUPID!--- Everyone has won--- so why bother playing, my only worry is that the technical team will get confused trying to sort this out, and the download will be delayed by a year or so
  • edited July 2010
    thanks for all your posts on this subject guys. I'll pass this tread over to the rest of the team and let you know their feedback.

All the best to each and every one of you,

Rich
  • edited July 2010
    thanks for all your posts on this subject guys. I'll pass this tread over to the rest of the team and let you know their feedback. All the best to each and every one of you, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thank you Rich, top man
  • edited July 2010
     Hi Guys hope not to late to add to this thread but as I play DYMs and this will effect me can I please ask Sky Rich and the Mods to remember that not all DYM players post on the Forum and they should have a voice in any changes to their game. OK the BR brigade have their point it is frustrating to have to sit there till one player wins and you do get the person that sits out and it takes age's to blind them out, but a lot of player like to be first and get extra points plus the experience of heads up practice without the pressure. So as compromise could there be opt out once three players are left and any remaining players can continue. Should all three players chose to leave then game finishes. The Points should stay [as they are] as its their chose to leave and in doing so are probably not interested in points anyway.  Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Hi Annie,

I totally respect your point of view and too hope the skypoker suits take into account your opinion.

But i am not a part of the "BR brigade", i play for fun mainly. But i just cannot see the logic in prolonging a game that is a double your money, top 3 or nowhere scenario.

But yeah, sky poker is a democracy, hense the poll

I hope that if they change it it wont affect your enjoyment that the last thing i would want to do. I just want it slicker, and less hastle.

hoggers