You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM, then play on... and on and on....

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    the game should end straight away imo. if u play a stt 2 win why play a dym?? this should also be the case in sats as well, i never understand people still playing when already through 2 there bigger torn........
  • edited July 2010
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes it should end straight away, its always done my head in going on and on and on.

Just play a pl omaha dym, I knoicked 3 players out whilst the blinds were still 25/50, out of the 2 players left 1 was away and handt played the whole game, the other wanted the points and kept folding grrrrrrr i was all in every hand jsut trying to finish the thing off took forever!!
  • edited July 2010
    Low level dym very late last night it was my last game for the day and obviously the same for the other two "winners" because we proceeded to continue playing for quite a while in a good competitive manner - if that's possible just for a few meaningless league points.

Whatever the reward it was an enjoyable end to the game.

But during the day when/if you've a few tables open then Greg's point is entirely valid.

I vote for leaving the system the way it is EXCEPT players should be allowed to opt out as soon as the bubble bursts.....the first (and most eager player) to depart the scene is clearly not interested in the points on offer and gets zero and so on.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

As promised i passed this idea on to the rest of the team and here is some feedback...

"Yes this is a good idea and one we have already highlighted from our own analysis as a future development"

However, i'm afraid I am unable to provide any time scales at this moment in time but when I/we have more information you can be certain it will be announced.

Thanks guys
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM, then play on... and on and on....:
     Hi Guys hope not to late to add to this thread but as I play DYMs and this will effect me can I please ask Sky Rich and the Mods to remember that not all DYM players post on the Forum and they should have a voice in any changes to their game. OK the BR brigade have their point it is frustrating to have to sit there till one player wins and you do get the person that sits out and it takes age's to blind them out, but a lot of player like to be first and get extra points plus the experience of heads up practice without the pressure. So as compromise could there be opt out once three players are left and any remaining players can continue. Should all three players chose to leave then game finishes. The Points should stay [as they are] as its their chose to leave and in doing so are probably not interested in points anyway.  Annie x
    Posted by logdon

Hi Annie,

I'll make sure this is considered too.

Thanks
  • edited July 2010
    I have to disagree This is good practice for heads up And I like playing it, yup
    Posted by lastpoet22
    Bad mistake!

It's absolutely nothing like HU play when there's money at stake. HU at the end of a DYM is totally different to HU at the end of a MTT for example.

I used to play for 1st in DYMs to get the league points, but with 8 points for 1st and 6 points for 2nd there's not much of a difference so I never bothered putting in much of an effort. I've abandonded playing for points now because I don't like the new format of the League Stars freeroll, I just start shoving as soon as there's 3 left these days.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM, then play on... and on and on.... : Bad mistake! It's absolutely nothing like HU play when there's money at stake. HU at the end of a DYM is totally different to HU at the end of a MTT for example. I used to play for 1st in DYMs to get the league points, but with 8 points for 1st and 6 points for 2nd there's not much of a difference so I never bothered putting in much of an effort. I've abandonded playing for points now because I don't like the new format of the League Stars freeroll, I just start shoving as soon as there's 3 left these days.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Couldn't agree more, this is like saying playing heads up for free chips is good practice- it's not. The only benefit of play money is to get the very basics of poker, same as playing freeroll tourneys gets the very basics of tournament poker. There is an absolute world of difference between freerolling heads up (like the poker you play with your family on christmas for plastic chips) and playing for real money, where chucking allin on 84s to 'see what happens' just doesn't happen.

I only played a few DYMs, but I totally agree- split the league points equally and end after 3. The league points will be the same on average, since be honest- once you get to the last 3, the game has ended as a serious poker match. It's essentially roulette to see who gets the top spot. If you wanted, you could make it go by chipcount as to who gets the top league points, but I think an even split is the best way...
  • edited July 2010
    The play 3-way and HU is what the players make of it.
    It doesn't have to be a "c rap shoot" and I've had many enjoyable games once the bubble has burst.
    Players at low stakes who like to be able to carry on and refine their HU/3-way skills should be allowed to do so.

Not everyone who plays DYMs is multi-tabling and desperate to start another game. Some people just enjoy playing poker, strange though it may seem.
  • edited July 2010
    The play 3-way and HU is what the players make of it. It doesn't have to be a "c rap shoot" and I've had many enjoyable games once the bubble has burst. Players at low stakes who like to be able to carry on and refine their HU/3-way skills should be allowed to do so. Not everyone who plays DYMs is multi-tabling and desperate to start another game. Some people just enjoy playing poker, strange though it may seem.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I havent got any facts and figures to proove this but I play a lot of dym's always have ranging from 30p - £55 and most of the time by the time the 3rd person exits the blind are up to at least 200/400 and more often than not 300/600 so 3 handed with the average being 4000 chips with the blinds at those level surely there isnt room for any play anyway?

I only ever play 2 at a time and most of the time its one, so itd doesnt overly bother me I just go al in till i lose or they go out just really dont see the point of it.

Gareth
  • edited July 2010
    Gregg you have my vote mate.

I fully agree i was doing the same today and last 3, one calls my all in had me covered i won, meant all 3 still left. then none would call. I was on the bubble of the other 2 making it even harder to try and win chips. Was struggling like mad and the pc struggles to cope 3 tables and msn at the same time. And have to keep my msn on today since my mother wants to speak to me.
  • edited July 2010
    Was multi-tabling yesterday playing PL Omaha (4 tables) !!!!

Was going on life tilt getting really wound up, i would finish in the top 3 & the game would take another 15 mins+ to finish sooooooooo annoying lol .

Think the players have to take some of the blame though.......some of them are CLUELESS & just carry on playing as normal.....gggrrrrrrrrrrr :)
  • edited July 2010
    if the other players wanna carry on playing like normal, click sit out and then close the window then activate your pop up blocker
  • edited July 2010
    I can't imagine why anyone would play DYM's to learn to play short handed poker.  The vast majority of players are going to be all in 3 handed or just sit out.

If you want to play it down to a winner then you should really be playing SnG's instead.  There are 30p and £1 versions of those.

• edited July 2010
    yeh im liking this, good shout Gregg.  Was goin to make a few points but theyve been covered already.  hopefully something will get changed though.

kie
  • edited July 2010
    I used to play a lot of DYMs but now find that everyone plays extremely tight early on and then they become a shovefest when the blinds start to count. Why not restructure them into a 321 format so that the winner gets 3 x the buy in the 2nd doubles up and 3rd just gets his money back. This would keep everyones interest and mean that everyone would want to play them out to the end???
    Posted by ZEON49
    because then it wouldnt be a double your money tournament lol. that would be a normal sit and go which are available anyway. decent point though
  • edited July 2010
    I know that a 321 format is not a DYM Tournament. However it would differ from a standard 6 Handed SNG in that if you finished 3rd you would get your money back. I think SKY Poker should consider introducing this format as an extension to DYMs and as stated earlier it would solve all the should we play to the end or not problems listed above.
  • edited July 2010
     Hi Guys    PRESS the BUTTON  you want  "OUT"  This has got to be the answer dont sit out many other players enjoy the FUN of the last three and [as for] you wont learn anything as its shove feast this is not always correct in every instance. Like the chat box its there for fun and you can use it or not. I play poker to enjoy myself not for profit so no need for me to hurry up to the next grind. Dont want the Money brigade bulldosing through changes that suit them only. Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    +1

If Sky decide to change the format of the DYM's, they MUST include and take in account everyones views/ideas  before implementing any said changes. 
  • edited July 2010
     Hi Guys    PRESS the BUTTON  you want  "OUT"  This has got to be the answer dont sit out. Many other players enjoy the FUN of the last three and [as for] you wont learn anything as its shove feast this is not always correct in every instance. Like the chat box its there for fun and you can use it or not. I play poker to enjoy myself not for profit so no need for me to hurry up to the next grind. Dont want the Money brigade bulldosing through changes that suit them only. Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    EXACTLY right

Give those that want it a proper way to end it for them after the bubble bursts. Those that want to carry on for the fun and points can do so - it can sometimes lead on to an enjoyable risk free game.
  • edited July 2010
     Hi Guys    PRESS the BUTTON  you want  "OUT"  This has got to be the answer dont sit out. Many other players enjoy the FUN of the last three and [as for] you wont learn anything as its shove feast this is not always correct in every instance. Like the chat box its there for fun and you can use it or not. I play poker to enjoy myself not for profit so no need for me to hurry up to the next grind. Dont want the Money brigade bulldosing through changes that suit them only. Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    This would never be the case, i dont consider myself in the money brigade, far from it, and the sky suits will consider everyone's view before any changes are made. I just find it annoying that the tables have to continue when im trying to multi table, its as valid a point of view as yours, and i hope some compromise can be reached so that this does not upset anyone. The last thing i would want to do is ruin your fun Annie.
  • edited July 2010
    I personally think its a good idea, bit late on the actual thread though but still voted

Glad they are looking into these and if people want to play for the win then let them others can 'opt out' personally i go all in as soon as bubble has burst but annoying when you double up and if someones trying to actually play against you normally