You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Customer service team, AGAIN.

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
*edit

Hey all

Just a quick note, can we please keep this post friendly

Thanks for your understanding

Sky Mod

16:00:52 
Hello Karl, I am currently in a cash game but need to pop to the shop
16:01:09 Ill be 15 minutes, my question is how long can I "sit out" of the table before im booted out of the table
16:01:27 because I have a big stack and can't be bothered to start at buy-in level again
16:02:57 Until your chips run out on the blinds
16:03:15 its a cash game
16:03:36 i thought if you were "sat out" you eventually are removed from the table
16:03:41 Probably until your cash runs out
16:03:58 well if im sat out the blinds arnt going to be effecting me are they?
16:04:11 surely theres an actual answer to this?
16:05:09 Thanks. I'll just be a moment.

Sky, is this a sick joke or something? The customer service team while in this case are inept are consistently rude and unprofessional. Is it just me or is that shocking stuff ?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It's just you.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN.:
    It's just you.
    Posted by MereNovice
    The forum captain speaks, no surprise to see you siding with Sky given your close ties.

Personally when I deliver my own customer service I do it with courtesy and professionalism, I don't throw haphazard estimates on something i'm supposedly an advisor on.

Not only is it an estimate, it's without knowledge of how cash games even work :S

If  it is just me then nevermind, doesn't change what I expect from a bluechip company's customer service team.
  • edited July 2010
    lol, I sat out for 5mins, and got booted.
  • edited July 2010
    I ws gonna ask this myself about the time u can be away from a table, then come back with 100 bb's, as theres a time period where u can only sit with what u stood with (unless it's below 100 bb's)

Did u get an answer? or does anyone know? Its seems to be about 20 mins?
  • edited July 2010
    It's just you.
    Posted by MereNovice
     Vince! The guy is trying to get a straight answer from customer services. How long can a he sit out of a Cash game before being removed from the table?
     As I dont play cash I dont know the answer myself but Im surprised and disappointed that someone from customer services couldn't answer such a basic question.
  • edited July 2010
    ???

I have no ties (close or otherwise) with Sky so I'm rather bemused by your post.

If you find that shocking then you must have lived a sheltered life.

If you want to get annoyed about something, save it for something important rather than posting pointless tripe on this forum. Your query was tantamount to someone calling 999 because they can't open a can of beans.

• edited July 2010
    I still reckon no matter how basic the question is SKY CUSTOMER SERVICES should know the answer.I have been a customer advisor myself at a well known diy store and have been asked the most silly questions BUT i had to know the answer and give it in a POLITE and HELPFUL manner.dav
  • edited July 2010
    ??? I have no ties (close or otherwise) with Sky so I'm rather bemused by your post. If you find that shocking then you must have lived a sheltered life. If you want to get annoyed about something, save it for something important rather than posting pointless tripe on this forum. Your query was tantamount to someone calling 999 because they can't open a can of beans.
    Posted by MereNovice
    What Happens if your reallyyyy hungry though? :)
  • edited July 2010
    To refer to it as a "sick joke" is over-reacting somewhat, wouldn't you say?
  • edited July 2010
    To refer to it as a "sick joke" is over-reacting somewhat, wouldn't you say?
    Posted by MereNovice
     LOL I suppose it was a little long winded and melodramatic but he still had a point. Lets hope he learns how to make a point without going over the top and Customer services learn to answer basic questions! :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : what an absolute ar$s you are the guys posted in "general" chat, what else is a forum for?, im sure every one of your 3k posts have added value to the forums havent they if you search forums OP , you will find a thread im pretty sure tikay responded to giving the answer
    Posted by lynx3ffect
     Lets not get into name calling! Merenovice seems to me a top guy but I agree he came a cross a little snappy on this occasion but now you have gone and done the same thing! Lets all calm down and not overreact and see if we can find the answer to the original question.
  • edited July 2010
    Come on folks keep it civil without the insults, we don't need another forum riot on our hands! :) Lynx you may want to edit your post before a mod deals with it.
  • edited July 2010
    You would think that with training the sky C.S. rep should know the answer to this. Failing that he should have said as much and said 'I will find out and PM you the answer.'

I don't think he was rude or unprofessional, just unhelpful. Unless you're saying he never came back to you with an answer.

Bit of a storm in a tea-cup this but the sky C.S. team could and should do better.
  • edited July 2010
    on a cash table you can sit out for one round (6 hands) i think.  you will then be stood from the table so if table is playing very slow and seeing lots of flops then it will be 5+mins.
    If your playing a 25p/50p table and you have a stack of £120 and your stood, you have to sit with £120 within 30 mins, if you wish to sit with £50 you will have to wait more than 30 mins.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. :  Lets not into name calling! Merenovice seems to me a top guy but I agree he came a cross a little snappy on this occasion but now you have gone and done the same thing! Lets all calm down and not overreact and see if we can find the answer to the original question.
    Posted by Donut64
    Where shall we look first ?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. :  Lets not get into name calling! Merenovice seems to me a top guy but I agree he came a cross a little snappy on this occasion but now you have gone and done the same thing! Lets all calm down and not overreact and see if we can find the answer to the original question.
    Posted by Donut64
    Where shall we look last ?
  • edited July 2010

anyone see vince's first comment as humorous?  a wee bit?  no?  oh well.

• edited July 2010
    Wasted 5 min looking for it and Freechips1 had it all the time, panic over. Hot Innit ! 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : Where shall we look first ?
    Posted by -TARAS-
    Try customer service ?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : Where shall we look first ?
    Posted by -TARAS-
     I generally find most things down the side of the couch! :) But I dont think that will help this time! The answer must be out there somewere!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : Try customer service ?
    Posted by elsadog
    I thought Davey had already looked there :~)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. :  I generally find most things down the side of the couch! :) But I dont think that will help this time! The answer must be out there somewere!
    Posted by Donut64
    Ist place i looked Do, just found toenails m8 :~)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : Ist place i looked Do, just found toenails m8 :~)
    Posted by -TARAS-
     I found 5p and crumbs! :-)
  • edited July 2010
    DO people not realise that 'customer service' is 'Sky' customer service, they have to be able to help with poker/betting and all the other 'great products' sky produce and host online. It's of no surprise to find them not knowing the specifics of their poker ring games. FWIW I think it's one orbit or about 5 hands and basically it's not long enough and we've complained about this before in the suggestions thread.
  • edited July 2010
    the guy asked a serious question and the advisers didnt know what he was talking about and i can vouch for them being rude also. just like mere novice who thinks its clever to take the mickey out of other players frustrations! still waiting for them to contact me after Rich had spoken to them, so they are hardly doing their job when 1 of the skyteam cannot get them to apply themselves??
    mere novice you want to grow up and stop using this forum to lambast people, very infantile!!!
  • edited July 2010
    the guy asked a serious question and the advisers didnt know what he was talking about and i can vouch for them being rude also. just like mere novice who thinks its clever to take the mickey out of other players frustrations! still waiting for them to contact me after Rich had spoken to them, so they are hardly doing their job when 1 of the skyteam cannot get them to apply themselves?? mere novice you want to grow up and stop using this forum to lambast people, very infantile!!!
    Posted by stoneface1

Maybe it was your tone that made them be rude to you!? They've always been helpful/courteous if somewhat unknowledgeable.
  • edited July 2010
    the guy asked a serious question and the advisers didnt know what he was talking about and i can vouch for them being rude also. just like mere novice who thinks its clever to take the mickey out of other players frustrations! still waiting for them to contact me after Rich had spoken to them, so they are hardly doing their job when 1 of the skyteam cannot get them to apply themselves?? mere novice you want to grow up and stop using this forum to lambast people, very infantile!!!
    Posted by stoneface1
    is that not exactly what you've just done stoneface1... and apparently on every thread you've started too.  pot, kettle etc.  no doubt you'll resist responding with abuse.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Customer service team, AGAIN. : The forum captain speaks, no surprise to see you siding with Sky given your close ties. Personally when I deliver my own customer service I do it with courtesy and professionalism, I don't throw haphazard estimates on something i'm supposedly an advisor on. Not only is it an estimate, it's without knowledge of how cash games even work :S If  it is just me then nevermind, doesn't change what I expect from a bluechip company's customer service team.
    Posted by daveydavey
    He knows everything....best to just agree and let him have the last word.
  • edited July 2010
    dont want to be pedantic, so how have i just done that aussie??itching for a row again?
  • edited July 2010
    Oh dear here we go again....... HEY DONUT whose gang u gonna be in when the fight starts !