You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best poker feeling youve experianced

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi guys just gonna ask quickly,

What is the best feeling in poker youve ever experianced?

Mine would have to be at the end of a bad run and looking up to see the BR creeping back in the right direction. Although i have to thank alot of people for advice with BR management for that, its just a great sence of relief and pride.

Comments

• edited July 2010

The result on TP semi final night when I thought I had absolutely no chance of going through :) wiiii
  • edited July 2010
    First time I won a live tournament.

Also coming 21st at the SPT in Glasgow... My first every live tournament,  I didn't just blind out to 21st I was fighting all the way with a decent stack, when I went out I had read the guys hand knew I was ahead and he hit the card he needed on the turn to beat me.  Even though i was out I was really proud of the way I played that event.

Great thread 

Look forward to reading the posts  
  • edited July 2010
    when I was all in with a Qhigh bluff in a strip poker home game, and made my mum fold a pair of 8s.
  • edited July 2010
    When I was playing on a high stakes table, completely out of my depth and the river card won my the pot, around £580 :)

Back to 50p/£1 from then on lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Best poker feeling youve experianced:
    when I was all in with a Qhigh bluff in a strip poker home game, and made my mum fold a pair of 8s.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi

You owe me a dry cleaning bill.... I just wet myself 
  • edited July 2010
     It would be easy to say winning my first MTT but the best feeling I had is when a good and well respected player called me a nuisance and meant it as a compliment!
  • edited July 2010
    Mine has to be gettin ure chips /cash in when in front ONLY to be outdrawn usually by trash.The greatest feelin in online poker ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Mine has to be gettin ure chips /cash in when in front ONLY to be outdrawn usually by trash.The greatest feelin in online poker ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    Has to be my chips u have to get like that, im told im priceless when i react lol.
  • edited July 2010
    Making it to the final of Celebrity Poker Club- that was pretty special.

Winning my first ever MTT online. It was only for a few quid but it felt goooood!!!

Turning £30 into £2100 on a live cash table inside two hours. Kerboom!

And winning the SPT Swansea Leg this weekend- (this last one may be a bit of wishful thinking though!)
  • edited July 2010
    The result on TP semi final night when I thought I had absolutely no chance of going through :) wiiii
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Coming 2nd in Primo and then 4th at Luton SPT within a week of this to prove a point! ;)
  • edited July 2010
    being choosen twice for tp what an honour i didnt make top 3 but i couldnt push my chest in cuz it was full o pride amazing really considering
  • edited July 2010
    April 2010 ....... my AA held up
  • edited July 2010
    Winning a 30p dym

• edited July 2010
    I'm still waiting...lol
  • edited July 2010
    it would have to be playing £1/£2 and holding pocket A's and flopping Quad aces and 2 players though they would rep and ace. with 2 shoves. happy days
  • edited July 2010
    Winning the an MTT Bounty hunter which netted me £1600'
    Then last night winning 2 MTT in a row, Rich pickings and the £500 Bounty Hunter.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Making it to the final of Celebrity Poker Club- that was pretty special. Winning my first ever MTT online. It was only for a few quid but it felt goooood!!! Turning £30 into £2100 on a live cash table inside two hours. Kerboom! And winning the SPT Swansea Leg this weekend- (this last one may be a bit of wishful thinking though!)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Was it one of those jobbies where anyone can satellite in?

;-)
  • edited July 2010
    meeting tikay!
  • edited July 2010
    Bubbling the 'Vegas' Final, What a feeling!

Nothing, NOTHING, can hurt me Now Humans!!!

HAHAHAHAhahaha.........continue manic laughter to fade................................ha..... sniff
  • edited July 2010
    i won a freeroll on here in my first month with over 1000 people in that was a pretty good feeling!!

shame it was only for about £20 ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Bubbling the 'Vegas' Final, What a feeling! Nothing, NOTHING, can hurt me Now Humans!!! HAHAHAHAhahaha.........continue manic laughter to fade................................ha..... sniff
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    You'll get there next year.  And the pink suit has to be in the suitcase.
  • edited July 2010
    making my first mtt final table!!
  • edited July 2010
    Without doubt it has to be 5th place at SPT Manchester in my very first live tournament!.......
  • edited July 2010
    Mmmmm it was the best and worst thing at the same time for me.

I qualified for an event from another site for the "WPT Celebrity Invitational" in Los Angeles in February this year.

It was a weird tournament as it was invitational so there was no buy-in although there was one $200 re-buy allowed per person.

It was a $200,000 prize pool but only the top SIX got paid!!

Loads of pros there, Matusow, Esfandiari, Laak, Bloch and loads of others. Along with celebrities!

So it was quite bizarre playing.

Anyhow it was a two day event.

I did my first stack in getting it all in on flop against some pro who I hadn't heard of on a Q high board with KQ against his AK and he spiked an A on turn.

So did the $200 rebuy, Managed to get myself just above average stack going in to day 2 with 160 left out of the 600 who started.

Anyhow day two comes and I'm constantly watching the screen and seeing the numbers dwindle and setting myself targets.

Right lets make the last 100, done. Last 75. Done. Last 50. Done. Last 30 Done. Last 20 done.

And then it's oh my! I'm down to the last two tables and the winner is getting $100,000!!

The TV cameras were there at this point which really set the nerves going a bit. I had Rikki Lake on my table who stole my blind the cow!

Anyhow I ended up going out in 13th place and getting nothing for it.

Was still quite proud but devastated at the same time...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Best poker feeling youve experianced:
    Hi guys just gonna ask quickly, What is the best feeling in poker youve ever experianced? Mine would have to be at the end of a bad run and looking up to see the BR creeping back in the right direction. Although i have to thank alot of people for advice with BR management for that, its just a great sence of relief and pride.
    Posted by The_Don90

meeting you  !
  • edited July 2010

In the toilets with a sexy female dealer during a tournament break

Gave her a feeling all right

• edited July 2010
    ok...mines a little odd!
    Just before i moved over to skypoker I was on a diff site and there was this horrid lad threatening me and stalking me across every game :(
    I decided to go into a cash game (which I never play!) to try to get away from him without having to stop playing but alas he sat down next to me and shoved all in everyhand whilst taunting me in the chatbox....
    The site in question allowed the behaviour to continue and I was getting really upset with the whole thing....anyway I was in a hand and had hit the flop and the lad shoves all in but I was ready to fold as I couldnt think straight....my hubby turns to me and shouts "call him! if you loose I'll give you the money back myself!" so I did and he lost! lol
    He left the table and came back a week later appologising.....long story short I ignored him and moved over here with you lot!

so...the next good part for me was the fantastic feeling when you all welcomed me and made me feel at home on the forum and at the tables xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    lol. Bam.

Winning 1st mtt was good.

Best feeling ever is slow playing a maniac that's been bullying you though. Absolutely nothing sweeter.
  • edited July 2010
    My first ever live poker experience. 

SPT Luton with Lisa-Marie, Tikay, Rich, Trevor and meeting many of the players I play with most nights of the week.  A great first live experience.

(I'd like to point out I made no joke about feeling and Lisa-Marie, or Kitty)