You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best poker feeling youve experianced

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Best poker feeling youve experianced:
    ok...mines a little odd! Just before i moved over to skypoker I was on a diff site and there was this horrid lad threatening me and stalking me across every game :( I decided to go into a cash game (which I never play!) to try to get away from him without having to stop playing but alas he sat down next to me and shoved all in everyhand whilst taunting me in the chatbox.... The site in question allowed the behaviour to continue and I was getting really upset with the whole thing....anyway I was in a hand and had hit the flop and the lad shoves all in but I was ready to fold as I couldnt think straight....my hubby turns to me and shouts "call him! if you loose I'll give you the money back myself!" so I did and he lost! lol He left the table and came back a week later appologising.....long story short I ignored him and moved over here with you lot! so...the next good part for me was the fantastic feeling when you all welcomed me and made me feel at home on the forum and at the tables xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posted by BananaDog
    I know that feeling. My mate was having a similar problem on another site, but he refused to report it. after a while of listening to him moaning i turned round, "give me that laptop already", now usually i wouldnt do this but id heard enough of the FFS etc and decided to help him out and it was only a freeroll he was in. 10 mins later after just completey outplaying the opponent (didnt see a showdown once) and a little bit of winding up in the chatbox (nothing more serious than the opponent said i was careful in this) he was down to 1 and a half big blinds. I went all in against him he called and i handed my friend the laptop back, take a little bit of pride mate, and hearing the little voice in the background, "yes hes oot thanks mate" felt so real.

Although he now plays the freerolls on sky hes not got the confidence for the money yet, he feels happier on the 6 seaters.

It shows the differance with a site with a friendly community too though.
  • edited July 2010
    Winning 2 Primo's. Planning to win at least 1 more this year!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Best poker feeling youve experianced : I know that feeling. My mate was having a similar problem on another site, but he refused to report it. after a while of listening to him moaning i turned round, "give me that laptop already", now usually i wouldnt do this but id heard enough of the FFS etc and decided to help him out and it was only a freeroll he was in. 10 mins later after just completey outplaying the opponent (didnt see a showdown once) and a little bit of winding up in the chatbox (nothing more serious than the opponent said i was careful in this) he was down to 1 and a half big blinds. I went all in against him he called and i handed my friend the laptop back, take a little bit of pride mate, and hearing the little voice in the background, "yes hes oot thanks mate" felt so real. Although he now plays the freerolls on sky hes not got the confidence for the money yet, he feels happier on the 6 seaters. It shows the differance with a site with a friendly community too though.
    Posted by The_Don90

yeah it's amazing how different site can be! Glad your mate has moved over aslo :o)
  • edited July 2010
    I have two, one which was immensely painful at the time and the other was just indicative of how bad/good I can be at poker.

1) Winner takes all satellite to a TV format tournament. 20 runners, £200 buy-in, winner ends up on some show on another TV channel. It wasn't Sky so frankly it had to be rubbish, right? Anyway, I came second. Outplayed - and I mean outplayed - Nik Persaud for about 3 hours, as well as some really awesome London-based pros: Priyan De Mel, Barry Martin and some lass called Liv Boeree... Was the best I have ever played and was so utterly painful not winning the lot. Gutted.

2) We're playing a £1/2 live game. At this time the stakes are pretty big and I am basically cacking myself because I'm taking a shot with £300 in front of me. Six handed, I post the big blind. Then someone tells me I am not in the big blind, so now I've just gone and limped UTG and given away £2. Nice. Lady next to me - who was a total preflop nit but post-flop fish (yeah, go figure that one out), raises it to £10, and it gets flat called by 3 others. It's a loose game.

Now, I've been reading some of that Harrington stuff. I know I can make a squeeze here for about £48. I think to myself that I might just poop my kecks if anyone calls, but I reckon I can get Nit Woman off the hand now and the others have squat. "Yeah... that's right, that's a good play." I think to myself. "Now just look at your cards and no matter what it is, pretend it's a good hand, look weak and timid (reverse tells FTW) and make it £48 or so."

I look down at A-A. I make it £48, she instaships, everyone else folds I snap call for the stack, she has K-K, I fade the two outs and rake in a pot around £630.

Cliffnotes: Accidentally post a big blind, find a nit with kings, decide to squeeze, look down at aces, get it in, hold. Easy game :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Best poker feeling youve experianced : You'll get there next year.  And the pink suit has to be in the suitcase.
    Posted by Machka
    +1...I hope the Hitman will do Vegas next year.
  • edited July 2010
    Last night When i won the 8k Bounty Hunter!!!woo hoo
  • edited July 2010
    Defo winning first online MTT.
  • edited July 2010
    Playing for Sky in the APAT team championships (see pic)  was pretty special and then final tabling the tournament eventually coming 7th, coming home and reading the thread on this community was just as rewarding too so KidgirlGY will be astonished!!

Week before that I entered a poker player magazine side event for $10 and won it for $795

One night in Vegas I took down two tournaments back to back and then doubled the winnings on a cash table at Harrahs when I rivered a straight flush!

Any Sky poker Tour event - they are fantastic win or lose!

Dave
  • edited July 2010
    Winning 2 Primo's. Planning to win at least 1 more this year!
    Posted by CoxyLboro

You run like someone who runs really really well!!!

looool 

I saw lots of your session last night when you texted me!!! my phone just didn't send the reply text for some reason. Non showdown winnings must be fun!