You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

300 BBs deep what is your play????

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
rizo575 Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £197.00
GliterBabe Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £647.97
  Your hole cards

Villain1 Raise  £6.00 £9.00 £426.65
k88moss Fold     
Villain2 Call  £6.00 £15.00 £287.23
gadgerno1 Call  £6.00 £21.00 £193.00
rizo575 Fold     
GliterBabe Call  £4.00 £25.00 £643.97
Flop

• K

GliterBabe Check     
Villain1 Bet  £18.75 £43.75 £407.90
Villain2 Call  £18.75 £62.50 £268.48
gadgerno1 Call  £18.75 £81.25 £174.25
GliterBabe Raise  £70.00 £151.25 £573.97
Villain1 Raise  £203.13 £354.38 £204.77
Villain2 All-in  £268.48 £622.86 £0.00

I have had to delete a post from this thread because of the language used.  Please be careful not to offend other users when posting to the forum.  Offensive posts will be deleted and could lead to a ban.  Sky Mod.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Villain1 is a high stakes regular, where as Villain2 is not known to me..Please give some feedback  and I'll post up whole HH next few days..
  • edited July 2010
    if your re raising the flop only too fold, just flat. as played ship but i would'nt be fist pumpin.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 300 BBs deep what is your play????:
    if your re raising the flop only too fold, just flat. as played ship but i would'nt be fist pumpin.
    Posted by harvey23
    But in a 4-way pot out of position, is flatting the right play, surely it's best to ask a question...
  • edited July 2010
    I think villian 1 = 55 or KK (unless he plays flush draws strongly)

villian 2 = AQ or 67 hearts (defo on the draw)

Still extremely hard to fold though, but villain 1 has shown such strength !!! Depends on your reads me thinks...I would fold !!

Preparing to get slatted :)

Ps I have had set over set alot recently so maybe a bit paranoid.
  • edited July 2010

Std Beaneh reponse... Whats your play here call or insta fold. What does calling achieve.  I don't get it!!!!

• edited July 2010
    Std Beaneh reponse... Whats your play here call or insta fold. What does calling achieve.  I don't get it!!!!
    Posted by GliterBabe

you're really not joking?

double  f king sigh. 

FOLD PRE 
  • edited July 2010
    FOLD PRE LOL.......... you are kidding me right!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 300 BBs deep what is your play???? : But in a 4-way pot out of position, is flatting the right play, surely it's best to ask a question...
    Posted by GliterBabe
    the whole "ask a question" makes no sense, by that logic your raise is folding out everything that beat and only better is calling, just raise get it in.

are you a 200nl reg?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 300 BBs deep what is your play???? : the whole "ask a question" makes no sense, by that logic your raise is folding out everything that beat and only better is calling, just raise get it in. are you a 200nl reg?
    Posted by harvey23

yup he is hence my responses lol

Fwiw people, I have met Gliter at SPT manc and we're both lovely chappies, there isn't meant to be animosity as gliter seems to think (from his pm to me) by my standard response. 

But pls, really, the last two threads have been flopped nuts how to play, and a set I've raised loads can I fold. These are like bad beat threads just the limits have been 10x'ed.
  • edited July 2010
    FOLD PRE LOL.......... you are kidding me right!!!!!!
    Posted by GliterBabe

no i'm not, if you cant play bottom set work on just set mining with big pairs so you can hit top set and be more comfortable getting it in.
  • edited July 2010
    This was just meant as a bit of fun, just to gather a few opinions to see what other FORUM USERS/PLAYERS would do...I've hardly flopped the nuts!!!!!!!! I'm 100% sure Villain1 will fold AA/AK and all flush draws. Plus I'm happy getting it in vs villain2 who is 100 BB's deep... If I flat call flop what is my play if Flush misses... Villain1 can still fire out with AA / AK and I'm still crushed by 55/kk. Think I would rather make decision on flop than turn IMO...

No offense  taken Beaneh  it just rubbed me up the wrong way, in future I will reframe from posting.

GB
  • edited July 2010
    This was just meant as a bit of fun, just to gather a few opinions to see what other FORUM USERS/PLAYERS would do...I've hardly flopped the nuts!!!!!!!! I'm 100% sure Villain1 will fold AA/AK and all flush draws. Plus I'm happy getting it in vs villain2 who is 100 BB's deep... If I flat call flop what is my play if Flush misses... Villain1 can still fire out with AA / AK and I'm still crushed by 55/kk. Think I would rather make decision on flop than turn IMO... No offense  taken Beaneh  it just rubbed me up the wrong way, in future I will reframe from posting. GB
    Posted by GliterBabe

SETS ARE GOLDEN. JUST HIT A 4 IF HE HAS 55 OR KK.
  • edited July 2010

the really disgusting thing is you are turning your hand into a bluff vs villain1 & he can play perfectly against you because your range here is 55/44 100% of the time

• edited July 2010
    im a 5/10 10/20 player so this is probably irrelevant so here goes,if you,ve got the roll call the allin take the hit if they have the 5 or k thats the game your beat if they,re on the draw at least you,ve still got outs for the house..hope i aint typing rubbish. sean
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Fwiw Gliter I would probably donk bet this flop (especially as you would only ever c/r in this spot with a set). As played if villain1 is a competent reg its pretty disgusting....but I would probably just shove then hopefully spike a 4 ftw.

Also surely we raise for value/to bluff rather than asking questions? Like on the flop you were raising to get value from your set rather than asking a question right???
  • edited July 2010
    USERS/PLAYERS would do...I've hardly flopped the nuts!!!!!!!!
    Posted by GliterBabe
    lol you are behind two hands only 55/KK, so you pretty much have the nuts, if you are folding here, move down as you are obvosuly are scared money with losing 300bb with such a monster hand.
  • edited July 2010
    lol @ everyone giving glitterbabe advice im not worthy and dont think anyone other then  high stakes players are

but this was only a bit of fun she/he isn't really wondering whats the correct play, just to see what we would do but none of us can compare to how good glitterbabe is not even you harvey

as you asked personally i would ship it and then close my eyes but think it would be bad to fold in this spot
  • edited July 2010
    Is V1s standard raise always 3x?  Or does he raise more according to the strength of his hand pre?  If so that can rule out KK.

If V1 is aware that you dont like getting money in deep with the 3rd nuts then he can be doing this with tonnes of draws too knowing that he has some fold equity.

But yeah why raise if we are gonna puke when put AI.  Like calling and getting it in on a blank turn is also good.

• edited July 2010
    lol @ everyone giving glitterbabe advice im not worthy and dont think anyone other then  high stakes players are but this was only a bit of fun she/he isn't really wondering whats the correct play, just to see what we would do but none of us can compare to how good glitterbabe is not even you harvey as you asked personally i would ship it and then close my eyes but think it would be bad to fold in this spot
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Anyone can give advice or ask pertinent questions. Don't think the stakes rule you out from posting what you think, they're all just bbs in the game of pokaz.
  • edited July 2010
    lol @ everyone giving glitterbabe advice im not worthy and dont think anyone other then  high stakes players are but this was only a bit of fun she/he isn't really wondering whats the correct play, just to see what we would do but none of us can compare to how good glitterbabe is not even you harvey as you asked personally i would ship it and then close my eyes but think it would be bad to fold in this spot
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    no its better if people comment regardless of skill level. If you comment and are corrected, at least you might learn something.
  • edited July 2010
    how is this 300bb deep? effective stacks are a little over 200bb unless i'm seeing things
  • edited July 2010
    It really was just a Question as to what you would do here, not what is the correct play.  Villain 1 knows I'm not bluffing here and I'm pretty sure he's not RR with with AK/AA, I have him on exactly KK..If it was anyone else on table I'm snap shoving...Anyway here it is...
    rizo575 Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £197.00
    GliterBabe Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £647.97
      Your hole cards

Villain1 Raise  £6.00 £9.00 £426.65
    k88moss Fold     
     villain2Call  £6.00 £15.00 £287.23
    gadgerno1 Call  £6.00 £21.00 £193.00
    rizo575 Fold     
    GliterBabe Call  £4.00 £25.00 £643.97
    Flop

• K

GliterBabe Check     
    villain1 Bet  £18.75 £43.75 £407.90
     villain2Call  £18.75 £62.50 £268.48
    gadgerno1 Call  £18.75 £81.25 £174.25
    GliterBabe Raise  £70.00 £151.25 £573.97
    villain1 Raise  £203.13 £354.38 £204.77
    villain2 All-in  £268.48 £622.86 £0.00
    gadgerno1 Fold     
    GliterBabe Fold     
     villain1Call  £65.35 £688.21 £139.42
    villain1 Show
    • K
    • K

villain2 Show
    • A

Turn

• A

River

villa in1Win Three Kings £686.41  £825.83
  • edited July 2010

Does 3 kings beat 3 fours then?. Sorry I dont play High rollers cash tables so not quite sure... :)

See you down Swansea M8....and FWIW, from a bad MTT player, I would of prob called and luckboxed my 4 on the river!
  • edited July 2010
    lol Max. Well I hope your on my table in Swansea in that case. Looking forward to it..
  • edited July 2010
    i wondered how long it would take someone to realise the stacks are only 215bbs deep, well done zing on paying attention

• edited July 2010
    i wondered how long it would take someone to realise the stacks are only 215bbs deep, well done zing on paying attention
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

Well done Vil 1 on playing bad!!! lol
  • edited July 2010
    :(
    Posted by BrownnDog

Honestly though you should be taken to a tribunal about why you didn't flat LOL

xx
  • edited July 2010
    Because this vil can only ever have a smaller set when c/r this board and wanted him to stack off...but he folded and I got outplayed :(
  • edited July 2010
    Because this vil can only ever have a smaller set when c/r this board and wanted him to stack off...but he folded and I got outplayed :(
    Posted by BrownnDog

You got super lucky the guy behind stacks off.  Flat flop allllllll day long babes.