You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

300 BBs deep what is your play????

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Why is a flat correct here when glit has set 100% of time after c/r and i dont expect anybody to raise/fold a set for 200bb and there is a fish flushing behind that is never folding no matter how the action goes and he's never shoving over a raise and a flat with flush draw ever?
  • edited July 2010
    Do you think villain has called solely on the flush draw? or do you think the fact they had a gutshot has just about persuaded them to move in. whatever i think bad play from villain here, Glitterbabe lovely fold here i think the reason you folded as you know your opponent here am i right? see if it was someone you didn't have any specific reads would you call firstly to see if you have the goods, also so you learn a bit about their play for next time
  • edited July 2010
    Ive never folded a set on the flop in my life.
  • edited July 2010
    lol Dohhhhhhhh, but your fold button is broken is it not? so we let you off ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    The re raise is perfectly acceptable.... by flatting here, if the flush card hits = scare card for lower set... if he puts him on the low set why not re raise because he stacks of 100% of the time.. or is supposed to.....

I play this the same way.... plus if the other Villian is flushing he is never folding considering the pot size so its a win win.... re raise all day long
  • edited July 2010
    i had a similar hand yesterday not set vs set but set vs fd vs top pair!

i only play low stakes but im never folding here.

this hand would be great for top of the low stakes pots!

top pair vs set vs nut fd lol

what is weird here is the guy chasing flush had very similar hand to the op and the turn and river cards almost identical!

taxi to area 51 please!!! ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    donkeyplop Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £8.15
    HUGO432 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.89
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

flossyb628 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £1.34
    NAI36 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £1.68
    TRU3BRU Fold     
    hughes8 Fold     
    donkeyplop Call  £0.14 £0.52 £8.01
    HUGO432 Call  £0.12 £0.64 £1.77
    Flop

• K
    • Q

donkeyplop Bet  £0.64 £1.28 £7.37
    HUGO432 Fold     
    flossyb628 Call  £0.64 £1.92 £0.70
    NAI36 All-in  £1.68 £3.60 £0.00
    donkeyplop Raise  £2.08 £5.68 £5.29
    flossyb628 All-in  £0.70 £6.38 £0.00
    donkeyplop Unmatched bet  £1.04 £5.34 £6.33
    donkeyplop Show
    • Q
    • Q

flossyb628 Show
    • J
    • K

NAI36 Show
    • A

Turn

• A

River

donkeyplop Win Three Queens £4.94  £11.27
  • edited July 2010

the point you make about being super lucky that vil2 stacks off here... his range is so skewed towards draws or 66-TT 5x that unless you expect him to overcall the raise with 5x and pairs under K i think 3betting is best. you just dont see people c/r/f a set for 200bbs because it just makes no sense whatsoever, also unsure if gliter is folding 55 on the flop, its essentially the same hand but folding 2nd nuts is pretty hard.

• edited July 2010
    Donkey suprised you flat called here?

good bet on the flopt though, slightly different to original hand though

firstly you have second nuts on that flop, you cant put either of the other 2 on kings imo as only 3 bet pre thats why im suprised you have only called pre which is terrible play imo. as its lower stakes different level of thinking in this spot so would make the call all day long
  • edited July 2010
    i only called as was feeling very nitty!!

would usually re raise but i knew if i called and hit i was gonna get paid off if anyone else had a piece of it.
  • edited July 2010
    I guess you think your only beating ak and aa here GB, unless its a super aggro flush draw?  Even if your c/r is seen as asking a question with kq or maybe fd, which seems like the absolute min you can possibly have here, only these 2 hands make sense to go over the top?!  In which case there are 2 possible hands that you beat, and 2 more likely hands which dominate you. 

So from that I understand the fold, although In the amount of time you get to think about it I give up and shove, telling myself it must be aces.