You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yeah Baby Yeah!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Poker Clinic folks,

A couple of quick points on this before I hit the hay for the night:

1) I am not sure BananaDog has posted it in the wrong part of the forum per se. Yes, flopping the nuts with a redraw to the Super Duper Nuts (TM) might not be the most taxing of strategy posts at first glance, but there's something to be learnt from this hand and the discussion afterwards, namely how to get the most from your opponents in the following action. I personally think her line in the hand was fine, others might not.

2) Harvey23 is not a villain in this at all. As I said in my response to his mildly flippant reply, the idea for the Poker Clinic is that, when critiquing someone's hand, you offer lines of improvement. He's done that.

I used to play a lot of chess in the past and would constantly hear good players say something as simple as "That's a bad move in this position". The good teachers were the ones who might not have been as good at playing but were able to break down the reasons for the criticism - as well as how to possibly improve their game - for those who wanted to listen to their opinion. In a game of absolutes such as chess, there's less place for opinion than in poker.

I am sure Harvey is a very competent player, as his more elaborate posts have shown, but I was merely inciting debate by asking him to explain his thinking on this hand, which he did. Hats off to him for that.

The Poker Clinic is my favourite part of the forum because it allows us to look through different spots and compare how we play them. Proving who is right and who is wrong isn't the point; the aim is to open up the way you think about a hand and listen to the views of others so it *might* adjust the way you play. Ultimately, that decision is down to each and every one of you.

Right, who's for another hand discussion? :)

Night all!

• edited July 2010
    TY SkyDave...I agree with discussions being good and was gutted to see a massive argument starting just cos i posted by brag hand! Im sorry if it was in wrong place but I didnt think I was meant to post hands in General poker chat (I know different now)
    I'm glad were all sorted out here now and i do understand where your coming from Harvey...I just get angry when people come off as sarcastic to me with out any reason for it but we seem to be sorted now, maybe we will always have a clash of personalities on here so were just gonna have to learn to live with that cos to be honest I dont think anyone should be worried about posting what they want.
    I'm off to bed too and tomorrows a new day so fresh start everyone! lol

• edited July 2010
    i love a happy ending
  • edited July 2010
    the reason for my comment was that it was a brag and your not really looking for advice, so you should post it elsewere, but I should of just said that instead of the comment i made.

But you know me.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Yeah Baby Yeah!:
    the reason for my comment was that it was a brag and your not really looking for advice, so you should post it elsewere, but I should of just said that instead of the comment i made. But you know me.
    Posted by harvey23
    lol, I know you now!
    I didnt know where to post it and I thought clinic was for hands and area 51 for bad beats....I now know I could have just put it in the general chat  so hopefully I'll get another couple of royal flushes this week to post there! If I do I'll play one my way and one your way and see how I do!
    Glad were sorted and sorry also for losing my temper.