You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A good fold to the new Dohhhhh, or a bad fold to the old Dohhhhh?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #273929092 (23:01 21/07/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
huvenhagen Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £12.49
theresa1 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £11.70
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

mitieng2 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £40.67
ricoramb03 Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £55.74
mampy Call  £1.20 £3.15 £14.06
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.00 £7.15 £93.74
huvenhagen Fold     
theresa1 Fold     
mitieng2 Fold     
ricoramb03 Call  £2.80 £9.95 £52.94
mampy Call  £2.80 £12.75 £11.26
Flop

• Q

ricoramb03 Check     
mampy Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £9.00 £21.75 £84.74
ricoramb03 Fold     
mampy Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Muck     
DOHHHHHHH Win  £12.12  £96.86
DOHHHHHHH Return  £9.00 £0.63 £105.86

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I can't  believe what I just seen there...
  • edited July 2010

wowwww u were serious???

Is there a way to change the hole cards on hand history???

U cannot be serious!!!!

Ill let it run see what ppl think ....
  • edited July 2010
    Not to sure if this was a good fold or not, but lately when I have seen "the new doh" 3 bet (no matter what postion) he usually has the goods. So straight away I am putting him on Aces and thinking skypoker has set me up to lose yet another AA v KK situation. So instead of 4 betting doh I decide to peel off a flop to see if I can get away from this situation and not lose 60 odd quid to the possibiity of AA. The only other hand I feel doh may make this play with after making a decent profit from the table is QQ. So the flop comes Queen high and im not the biggest fan of having another opponent to act behind me. I check the flop and so does the person behind me and doh smashes £9 into the pot and I just don't fancy it because I put him on either AA or QQ and both of those to hands crush me.
  • edited July 2010

not a good fold imo.  Im re-raising

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Lol @ this hand, I don't think you could have played it worse if you tried.

Please tell me you found a way to change the HH and its a joke?
  • edited July 2010
    scared money, move down where your not playing scared.
  • edited July 2010
    terrible fold imo, regardless the new dohhhhh i would still fancy your chances here if your getting beaten by aces then oh well what can you do it happens. never folding in this spot especially against someone so flexible as dohhhhh if that makes sense someone who can adjust easy in any situation. i dont know whether dohhhhh has aces as not been enough betting action to decide so im 5 betting in this spot

Bet dohhh had qq/jj
  • edited July 2010
    If he has QQ he also wins...
  • edited July 2010
    oh sorry had a few didnt see the flop....

tbf i'd put him on AQ definately think your ahead of his range, maybe dohhh got nut flush draw but think your ahead still

But i see on chat you have gone with your gut which for me is usually right 90% of the time, so dont blame the fold too much now
  • edited July 2010
    lol i just got levled.

n1.
  • edited July 2010
    This is not a good idea.
  • edited July 2010
    the only way that this thread could be more epic is if Doh actually did hvae AA.
  • edited July 2010

Ive played with this guy, every time Ive played for the last 4 months, he's on all the tables at my limit so I can't avoid him....

Im amazed he gives me this much respect (he obv doesnt read the clinic much)....

EDIT  - so is it possible for him to mess with the hand ids? - and this could be a big act, trying to get me to post the hand, which I said I would do if he did...?????

Can I change my hand to show 22 off suit? :)

• edited July 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    huvenhagen Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £12.49
    theresa1 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £11.70
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

mitieng2 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £40.67
    ricoramb03 Raise   £1.20 £1.95 £55.74
    mampy Call   £1.20 £3.15 £14.06
    DOHHHHHHH Raise   £4.00 £7.15 £93.74
    huvenhagen Fold        
    theresa1 Fold        
    mitieng2 Fold        
    ricoramb03 Call   £2.80 £9.95 £52.94
    mampy Call   £2.80 £12.75 £11.26
    Flop

• Q

ricoramb03 Check        
    mampy Check        
    DOHHHHHHH Bet   £9.00 £21.75 £84.74
    ricoramb03 Fold        
    mampy Fold        
    DOHHHHHHH Muck        
    DOHHHHHHH Win   £12.12   £96.86
    DOHHHHHHH Return   £9.00 £0.63 £105.86
  • edited July 2010
    what do i win? haha wp dohhhhh
  • edited July 2010
    I don't like either players play tbh!
  • edited July 2010
    Im going to stick leg and limb out here on giving an opinion.

Now im not the most experianced or prolific cash player, inface im probably just not that good. However looking that this had i see a number of basic flaws.

Now to both DoHHHH and the ricoramb. I hate going into a pot 3 handed with PP's thats personal and i have no idea what mampy had so i cant comment on if it was possible to get that opponent out the pot.

Right so here goes. I wont comment to DoHHHH as id have played the hand the same. so to Ricoramb, you have KK and make a 4x BB pre flop raise and get re-raised. Now you have you opponent on QQ or AA. Why not re-raise, get the opponent thinking. If he has Queens a strong 4-bet might get him off it or you get paid. If h has aces he'll probably want to get it in.

On the flop you check/fold this confuses me, again no questions asked. How can you be so confident your behind if no questions are asked.
  • edited July 2010
    EH?!

Do you hate kings? Maybe got sucked out on HU in the WSOP main event with KK or something?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: A good fold to the new Dohhhhh, or a bad fold to the old Dohhhhh?:
    I don't like either players play tbh!
    Posted by beaneh

sigh.

If I had 3 wishes.....they would be as follows...

1) My own Smantha Janus to use and abuse at my own disgression.

2) free strongbow for life

3) To understand what mr bean (beaneh) means!!!

ugh! i dunno what to do!

YES I'm turning jacks into a bluff - what other choice do I have here?
  • edited July 2010
    call JJ preflop this deep because being 4 bet suckz bawls and you wont like enough flops etc etc
  • edited July 2010
    But you like more flops than you would with AK surely? And im pretty sure you would 3 bet AK there. And getting 4 bet still sucks lol. Or do you just 3 bet with QQ+/AK in this spot and are happy to stack off?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: A good fold to the new Dohhhhh, or a bad fold to the old Dohhhhh?:
    But you like more flops than you would with AK surely? And im pretty sure you would 3 bet AK there. And getting 4 bet still sucks lol. Or do you just 3 bet with QQ+/AK in this spot and are happy to stack off?
    Posted by BlackFish3

more a case of, we prefer taking flops with AK and there are less combos of AA/KK when we have it than when we have JJ. 
  • edited July 2010
    worst fold of all time
  • edited July 2010
    worst fold of all time
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    haha +1

still waiting for my prize for guessing the hand here ;o) come on mods .....
  • edited July 2010

you said he had QQ,JJ,AQ all you had to do is add in AA anmd AK and you have his entire 3bet value range so its not exactly hard to get it right :).

4bet pre!!!! dont c/f this flop ever, only worse would be open betting 99% of your stack then folding.

if your opponenets are folding KK on a Q high flop to one bet then squeezing JJ pre is fine surely. i would c back flop and go from there, atleast if you have to spew in a pot DOHHH, cbet half pot and save yourself a lot of money

• edited July 2010

So when I 3 bet JJ in position (as I would alot of the time), and the flop comes with 1 overcard, I should be looking, best case scenario, to hope to check 3 streets and get to a cheap showdown?

I think a queen high flop aint too bad for jacks in a 3 bet pot?.......

When I don't get 4 bet pre I have to assume the only hands ahead of me on the flop are QQ and AQ.

I think Rico would fold AQ v me here pre, and 4 bet with QQ pre....deffo 4 bet KK and AA

I guess It was a big mis-read by me, followed by  a big mis-read by him!

• edited July 2010
    Right i was told to post this hand on this forum by dohhh because he wanted to see my whole cards and to see what the "regs" thought about this hand. Obviously as we can see i was wrong to fold my hand in this case.

However if it turned out that doh had AA then its a good fold at the right time and he could have easily had either of the two hands i put him on pre flop.

But anyway, thanks to all of the regs for absolutely destroying my play and my thoughts...such comments as "wosrt fold ive ever seen" really motivate me to post more on this forum... but Lynx your a really good player yourself thats why you can't get past 50nl!

I'm so bad so ill just get back to turning more ternners into thousands and making my awful nitty folds.

Thanks all!
  • edited July 2010
    So when I 3 bet JJ in position (as I would alot of the time), and the flop comes with 1 overcard, I should be looking, best case scenario, to hope to check 3 streets and get to a cheap showdown? I think a queen high flop aint too bad for jacks in a 3 bet pot?....... When I don't get 4 bet pre I have to assume the only hands ahead of me on the flop are QQ and AQ. I think Rico would fold AQ v me here pre, and 4 bet with QQ pre....deffo 4 bet KK and AA I guess It was a big mis-read by me, followed by  a big mis-read by him!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    c-bet smaller, does the same and still gets value out of 77-TT for one street, and as ur IP easy check down if they call ur c-bet
  • edited July 2010
    Right i was told to post this hand on this forum by dohhh because he wanted to see my whole cards and to see what the "regs" thought about this hand. Obviously as we can see i was wrong to fold my hand in this case.  However if it turned out that doh had AA then its a good fold at the right time and he could have easily had either of the two hands i put him on pre flop.   But anyway, thanks to all of the regs for absolutely destroying my play and my thoughts...such comments as "wosrt fold ive ever seen" really motivate me to post more on this forum... but Lynx your a really good player yourself thats why you can't get past 50nl!   I'm so bad so ill just get back to turning more ternners into thousands and making my awful nitty folds.   Thanks all!
    Posted by ricoramb03
    I didn't tell you to post it for u to get stick mate, I genuinely didn't believe you had KK.

I still have it in the back of my mind, that somehow you have managed to change the Hand History somehow! lol

You're one of the toughest players at nl30 to get money from (this hand proves it) - and if you weren't on all 6 tables, I'd deffo table select to avoid you.

The only reason I wantd you to post was to prove u had KK, and even now I'm not 100% sure!

Don't take the stick personally. - gl, cya at the tables soooooon.
  • edited July 2010
    Right i was told to post this hand on this forum by dohhh because he wanted to see my whole cards and to see what the "regs" thought about this hand. Obviously as we can see i was wrong to fold my hand in this case.  However if it turned out that doh had AA then its a good fold at the right time and he could have easily had either of the two hands i put him on pre flop.   But anyway, thanks to all of the regs for absolutely destroying my play and my thoughts...such comments as "wosrt fold ive ever seen" really motivate me to post more on this forum... but Lynx your a really good player yourself thats why you can't get past 50nl!   I'm so bad so ill just get back to turning more ternners into thousands and making my awful nitty folds.   Thanks all!
    Posted by ricoramb03
    i answered ur topic question...what more u want!? HU for rollz!? :P