You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On the topic of online riggedness

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    twas a clanger----- actually
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On the topic of online riggedness:
    twas a clanger----- actually
    Posted by oynutter
    I have it on good authority it was actually the soup dragon.
  • edited July 2010
    can imgine the millions it would cost a sit like sky if it was found to be rigged  nice post luvbwfc
  • edited July 2010
    can imgine the millions it would cost a sit like sky if it was found to be rigged  nice post luvbwfc
    Posted by scrumdown
    Yep probably more than it cost a certain T V channel when the phone in scam was found out about.Now why would a company like that want a scam scandal coming out when there was no need for it in the first place?Thats easy GREEEEEEED.
  • edited July 2010
    I would like to add to the "nice post LUVBWFC" comments

I just lost to the hand below. My initial reaction was how the heck could I lose from such a good post flop position but I plugged the cards into an odds calculator and my opponent had an 8.89% chance of winning which is a little more than 1 in 10 so I guess it's not impossible. Given the number of hands I play on Sky Poker it is gonna happen

Still hurts though!

You quickly forget when such hands go in your favour but I know I will still be thinking about this hand from hell on Monday!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    stitch69 Small blind   15.00 15.00 1495.00
    QUICKFEET Big blind   30.00 45.00 1870.00
      Your hole cards

jslish Call   30.00 75.00 1110.00
    ganjaboy21 Call   30.00 105.00 2835.00
    toco Fold        
    JAMES54 Call   30.00 135.00 2000.00
    stitch69 Call   15.00 150.00 1480.00
    QUICKFEET Check        
    Flop

• K

stitch69 Check        
    QUICKFEET Bet   30.00 180.00 1840.00
    jslish Raise   240.00 420.00 870.00
    ganjaboy21 Fold        
    JAMES54 Fold        
    stitch69 Fold        
    QUICKFEET Raise   420.00 840.00 1420.00
    jslish All-in   870.00 1710.00 0.00
    QUICKFEET Call   660.00 2370.00 760.00
    QUICKFEET Show

jslish Show
    • K

Turn

• K

River

jslish Win Full House, Kings and 4s 2370.00   2370.00
  • edited July 2010
    ^^^defo rigged.
  • edited July 2010
    i reckon they give certain players x-ray specs imagine seeing orford at the table with a pair of those :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On the topic of online riggedness : plus 1.....please forward to bullyfish..........
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    i think you are stalking me davey or you have a very unhealthy attraction to me   as ive said before EVERYONE has a right to say what they feel and where i very much doubt sky are involved with a rigged site all i am saying i think the rng is lets say "creative"  people like TK even who are honest as the day is long may not know "everything"    its happened in the past with sites   the facts prove this    if i really thought it was rigged as such why would i play here    i think we all need to chill out    stop harrassing the bullyfish and get along    as another poste said if there is a 2% chance in theory it can and will happen   but plaese let it happen just 2 times in a 100   LOL    cheers all
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On the topic of online riggedness : i think you are stalking me davey or you have a very unhealthy attraction to me   as ive said before EVERYONE has a right to say what they feel and where i very much doubt sky are involved with a rigged site all i am saying i think the rng is lets say "creative"  people like TK even who are honest as the day is long may not know "everything"    its happened in the past with sites   the facts prove this    if i really thought it was rigged as such why would i play here    i think we all need to chill out    stop harrassing the bullyfish and get along    as another poste said if there is a 2% chance in theory it can and will happen   but plaese let it happen just 2 times in a 100   LOL    cheers all
    Posted by bullyfish
    NICE POST M8 GL
  • edited July 2010
    wow   thanks dav   all the usual suspects are not replying to my latest post    says it all really    gl to u too m8
  • edited July 2010
    yet another pathetic reply    1st prize to LOGdon   try reading entries b4 posting too
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Weetabix
    Posted by emilyegg
    FROSTIES they are greeeaaaaat  ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On the topic of online riggedness : Wooooo I won something 1st Prize ? Oooh  "Rude comment" Ok    Yes did read them all ..... same old Stories as far as I was concerned. Even TK has given up responding. What do you hope to achieve when you only want to hear negative comments to support your view's about Sky being fixed. I suggest   "You are the one"  that should Troll back through Archives and read the posts for Area 51 the past year you will find your Record is a bit worn out and needs changing not Sky.?  My views,  are unlike your views, but we are both entitled to them. So sorry if I don't wish you good luck in your Quest to discredit Sky Poker but I do wish you luck at the tables.   gl Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    Bit harsh annie.I prefer the more subtle approach,the more negative you are with people the more you will never make them see the real facts.Of course nothings rigged on this site its just when peoplle keep getting these negative outcomes in games they get very downhearted.Just keep patient with them and they will see that this happens in poker all of the time,no matter what site or in live games.All the best at the tables dav
  • edited July 2010
    for my 2 pence worth i think red wine is better than white!! debate!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: On the topic of online riggedness : Hi dave,   You saying , "I'm a grumpy old woman". ! "AggroAnnie"  ........  "You'd be right". ?  I love area 51 and always read the posts here it just intrigues me to read others are getting caught by the same sucker hands as me,  but then they are blaming it on Sky fixing it for them to lose.   I have posted before on this subject and it fell on deaf ears. I harboured these thoughts at one time myself and looked for evidence but found none.  Sure there are miracle out's and times when you say "I don't believe it" you hold Kings and Ace's come down Trips and full house hits and players that come back from 200 chips to win. That's Poker.?  Have your Whinge Ok ! now get on with it. Don't blame Sky for your mistakes or bad luck.   That's all I'm saying.?   luvs Yeh annie x 
    Posted by logdon
    Annie Annie, Nobody is trying to discredit SkyPoker, after all,  as a part of the SKY company they don't come any bigger than that. There business is all  about  profit and looking  after all their customers.
    Sure  SkyPoker has a few glitches, what poker site  hasn't, those come with the territory where your not  going to  please  all the people all the time ..  
    All these  people are saying is that it is possible, and has happened in the past .. NOT here though .. 

So here's  what some people may have seen and believed .....
    This for anyone's information is FAKE , but with the technology out there, you  can be sure someone is working on it somewhere .. 
         FAKE video ..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbeDYOL84ys 

This however really happened, and many people  lost a lot of money ..
        True video ,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuY6r-R0SY

glk  Annie, and keep fighting the good fight, everyone loves you  :))
  • edited July 2010
    for my 2 pence worth i think red wine is better than white!! debate!!!
    Posted by pod1
    Cant argue with that but it gives me one heck of a hangover ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    10 reasons poker sites could be doctored for sites favour
    (not proof may i add just possible reasons im not that clever)

1. if good players win all the time the bad players would lose and not come back, meaning less players on site
    2. if the bad players who make the ridiculous calls and hit far out odds to win, they wouldnt feel like such bad players cos they have won a few and continue reloading.
    3. If good players won every game people would think it was fixed and not play against them.
    4. The quicker players go out of a game by losing with a big hands when they are bound to call or push all in because of odds, will play another game giving the site more rake as you end up playing more games overall.
    5. It puts people on tilt and they play more and at higher stakes to win it back meaning more rake for the site.
    6. If the cards were coming out in favour of one player against another this could be because of there betting habbits and the site may know this and go against the regular player who make the site the most money as they know they will continue playing regardless (me).
    7. Letting newbies win when they sign up keeps them interested and they stay with that site.
    8. Makes more hands interesting creating more action and thus more reloads or rebuys if you go out early.
    9. The government is involved and likes to make us all miserable so society complies with anything they say.
    10. The system has leaned to adapt and become self aware and will soon take over the earth in 2012

There are many reasons it could be the question is why do we keep playing if we keep losing and believe it is. At the end of the day we choose to play online and sometimes wonder if its fixed. If it is then someone is doing well out of it and i just wish it was me. If it bothers you that much then play more live games and even then the dealer will prob be on the take just watch them chips very carefully ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Yep dazler mate 9 and 10 look certs to me ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    definately ive been saying it for years even my bank account overdraft charges are doing it to me, bloody automated letters grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • edited July 2010
    on point 7 it was certianly the case with me   i have only ever deposited a tenner and it went straight up to £800 in no time   thought it was the easiest game ever on line   be patient and play good hands only when massive favorite   as soon as hit the 800 mark started getting horrendous bad beats all the time and went back down to about 200 in no time   still play the same so maybe just variance maybe not   who knows    who cares   deep down we all love the game and while you can never beat live play its just handy to log on and have a dabble now and then