You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

58p to VEGAS

Comments

• edited July 2010
    No chance. Would be super amazed and pleased if you did though!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS:
    In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS : I think Clyde will do similarly well but at more attractive odds. =) Andrius Velicka to be the top scorer in the SPL is my bet for the season.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Don't know if they've finalised the deal yet but if Celtic get Hooperman in from Scunthorpe then he'll probably knock 40 in this season.
  • edited July 2010
    the first 100£ will be the hardest.

once you get to that figure then the rest will be easy.
  • edited July 2010
    the first 100£ will be the hardest. once you get to that figure then the rest will be easy.
    Posted by scotty77
    Fully agree with this
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS : Fully agree with this
    Posted by The_Don90
    dont forget mate you have to eat and drink and other stuff so your looking at alot more than that mate,went last year got there for £780 in july,and took £1500 spending money,great place gd luck,u have more patience than me!
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for all the new posts I've not replied to yet wishing me luck. I appreciate it.

A reply to the couple of posts asking about spending money: I'll just be taking my own spending money, I'm not going to try and win that, unless I'm spectacularly ahead of schedule then there won't be any harm in me trying to win two or three hundred pounds of it.

• edited July 2010
    Another freeroll cash tonight, 70 left at the break, let's see how deep we go, 13,360 with blinds moving up to 800/1600, 3 hands until the blinds.
  • edited July 2010
    31st/651, £0.55 added to the Vegas fund!!!

Bank sitting at £4.32 now.
  • edited July 2010
    Had a shot with you in that freeroll Kevilfish, I just struggle so bad at that level. Although exit hand just was a complete cold deck.

Well done, ive not started to catch mine yet starting at the end of the week

In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS : dont forget mate you have to eat and drink and other stuff so your looking at alot more than that mate,went last year got there for £780 in july,and took £1500 spending money,great place gd luck,u have more patience than me!
    Posted by SHAUNY

Im not the origional poster mate ive just said im willing to take a similar challenege and set myself a buy in for the Main Event as my target as ill be starting from a higher amount.

Im not 21 till the 8th of July as a result i miss out on the main event deadline date, therefore i shall not need spending money as i wont be there :D.
  • edited July 2010
    31st/651, £0.55 added to the Vegas fund!!! Bank sitting at £4.32 now.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    I juast added £5 to my account. Already I have more than you without even playing a tournament :p

If this happened I would be very impressed. I wouldn't have the patience to play tournaments for 3/4 hours to win a measly 55p.

Double of Nothing tourney's are the way to go in this case I think!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS : I juast added £5 to my account. Already I have more than you without even playing a tournament :p If this happened I would be very impressed. I wouldn't have the patience to play tournaments for 3/4 hours to win a measly 55p. Double of Nothing tourney's are the way to go in this case I think!
    Posted by PKRPar
    I would say i agree with this but theres a simple flaw.

He has £4. Which means Good BR is essensial for him to make his targets, which means at most he can play is a 60p DYM and thats a risk so 30p is the best. Ok so its easy to fold to the money here. However, the rake kills at this level and you could still end up grinding for 3/4 hours for a measly 55p
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck still really want you to prove me wrong

Fair play your starting with free-rolls as PKR Par says bit long winded to grind 3 hours + for 55p etc
    When will you start playing other games? Have you a specific bankroll goals which your going to stick to??
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck still really want you to prove me wrong Fair play your starting with free-rolls as PKR Par says bit long winded to grind 3 hours + for 55p etc When will you start playing other games? Have you a specific bankroll goals which your going to stick to??
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

The cash bubble in the two previous freeroll's I've played have been burst after 60-70 minutes which isn't too bad. If I did last 2-3 hours, I'd be looking at £10-£20 which is over double my current bankroll so it would definitely be worth it.

If I can reach £20, I'd maybe play at most one £1.10 MTT as well as the freerolls daily (or as frequently as I can). Once I reach £50, I'd be looking to play more £1.10 and some £2.20 MTT's every day, not relying too heavily on playing the freerolls.

I'm looking to reach £50 within about 4 weeks. After that, my next figure I'll be aiming for is £150 where I will jump up to £3.30 games. £400 will be the next target although I've not got a date to aim for yet, I'll see how I getting on and take it from there.

• edited July 2010

Ok i dont mind that, your goals seem reasonable although free-rolls really are a lottery.would it not be worth depositing £50 so you dont have to go down the free roll route and would still be quite impressive to turn that into enough to go to vegas

Im not sure if you started this challenge as you could not afford to deposit that amount? if so then just keep going, i'd say start with you mtt when you hit about £15, double up with your free-rolls as one big result there good boost to your bankroll

• edited July 2010
    I've learnt not to write anyone off - Somtimes the strangest things happen. People win 14,000,000 to one shots. It happens every week when the lottery numbers roll in. HOWEVER...................... This is an exceptional outsider and i'm not so sure this is possible. GOOD LUCK THOUGH
  • edited July 2010
    Nice to see it grinding up Kev......looking forward to regular updates.
  • edited July 2010
    Bank currently sitting at £4.32, I received an email about a £5 bonus, if I play at least one real money game per day for three days between now and Wednesday midnight, I receive £5 which I have one week to use.

So I'm going to be playing a £1.10 buy-in, £20 gtd game in 10 minutes, then twice more this weekend probably.

Even if I don't cash, £3.30 maximum out for £5 minimum in sounds like a decent return.

The August Freeroll Festival has come at the perfect time for me, I'll be playing when I can during the first couple of weeks and then I have 2 weeks off at the end of the month, I will be grinding away at the freerolls then and also trying to qualify for the SPT event as well.
  • edited July 2010
    Bank currently sitting at £4.32, I received an email about a £5 bonus, if I play at least one real money game per day for three days between now and Wednesday midnight, I receive £5 which I have one week to use. So I'm going to be playing a £1.10 buy-in, £20 gtd game in 10 minutes, then twice more this weekend probably. Even if I don't cash, £3.30 maximum out for £5 minimum in sounds like a decent return. The August Freeroll Festival has come at the perfect time for me, I'll be playing when I can during the first couple of weeks and then I have 2 weeks off at the end of the month, I will be grinding away at the freerolls then and also trying to qualify for the SPT event as well.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    The "Flairmeisters" at about 1000/1 to beat Haribo 4-0 in the return leg next week could be appealing Kev. 

Good Luck Mate!!!!!!!!! 
  • edited July 2010
    At the break in the tournament I'm playing, 7 left, I have 11 bb's, 5 get paid, I'm 6th in chips.

We're now on the final table, still sitting on 11 bb's, short stack is on my right with 6 bb's.

Bubble time...

It looks like it will be between my and the other short stack, I'm on 4,600, he's on 1,500 with blinds at 150/300, everyone else is 10K-24K.

• edited July 2010
    Cashed!!

And doubled up in the very next hand. Up to 9,000 (last in chips). Blinds only 200/400 so still enough to play.

Payout is;

5th £3.24
    4th £3.96
    3rd £5.40
    2nd £9.00
    1st £14.40
  • edited July 2010
    2nd/36.

BRUUUTAL last hand, BB with Aces, button limps, I raise to 2,500 (500/1000), he pushes for 30K - to be fair, I had raised every button heads up so my raising range was any two cards, I snap call, he holds 8s9s, flop K89...

I know this WILL happen many more times on my journey to Vegas but it would have been a great start to the bankroll.

Anyway, bank up to £12.22.

Good times!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 58p to VEGAS : The "Flairmeisters" at about 1000/1 to beat Haribo 4-0 in the return leg next week could be appealing Kev.  Good Luck Mate!!!!!!!!! 
    Posted by emilyegg

I had a £20 double on Braga and Maribor, easy money!

• edited July 2010
    2nd/36. BRUUUTAL last hand, BB with Aces, button limps, I raise to 2,500 (500/1000), he pushes for 30K - to be fair, I had raised every button heads up so my raising range was any two cards, I snap call, he holds 8s9s, flop K89... I know this WILL happen many more times on my journey to Vegas but it would have been a great start to the bankroll. Anyway, bank up to £12.22. Good times!
    Posted by Kevilfish
    Vwd mate keep it up
  • edited July 2010
    I'm in the 15:20 £1.10 £20 gtd next.

• edited July 2010
    We're at the break now.

43 started, 15 players remaining, 5 get paid.

Blinds will be 150/300 after the break, I have 3,280 chips, currently 11th.
  • edited July 2010

Kick-On Kev mate. ;0)

• edited July 2010
    Good luck with the rest of that tournament, may i ask hows the roll sitting?
  • edited July 2010
    Finished 9th/43.

BR is currently £11.12.

• edited July 2010
    well done.

And unlike mine its heading the correct way.
  • edited July 2010
    All the best on this Kev looking good