You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much should I raise here?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here?:
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : oh dear and what fold to a shove? lol easy shove, villan c-c turn and donk flop looks very much like a slow played flush. if could be a blocker bet, but if it is the whole point of blocker bets are to get a cheap price to showdown, so when you raise they are going to fold. So id shove and go for max value, you range is really polarized at this point to either the NUTS or AIR so good spot imo.
    Posted by harvey23
    i mean thats a nice sentence and everything but it doesnt apply here. No one is shoving air in this spot.

Good thread scotty, i would make it 93. I think shoving isnt a great option.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : raise <100 imo, shove does good job of making them fold what we can actually hope to get value from. sets are not bet calling this river especially not to a shove that's so lol.
    Posted by beaneh
    That's great to know I can easily see myself shoving with something like Ac9x 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : That's great to know I can easily see myself shoving with something like Ac9x 
    Posted by Chemlst

Maybe take out an advert in the paper next time you want to work on your image lmao.
  • edited July 2010
    why cant ur name be searched in find player beanster?

yes i was bum hunting u
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : Maybe take out an advert in the paper next time you want to work on your image lmao.
    Posted by beaneh
    heh I don't think I need to advertise. I don't want to say any more but don't be 100% sure that noone is ever  bluffing when they can rep the nuts and their opponent have their hand face up.

re the hand: obviously you are not allowed to shove if you cannot rep bluffs at all
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : heh I don't think I need to advertise. I don't want to say any more but don't be 100% sure that noone is ever  bluffing when they can rep the nuts and their opponent have their hand face up. re the hand: obviously you are not allowed to shove if you cannot rep bluffs at all
    Posted by Chemlst

in general though against sky oppos they aren't bluff in these spots lol

Just me you and a few other sick specimines
  • edited July 2010
    why cant ur name be searched in find player beanster? yes i was bum hunting u
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    ahahah I must have just sat out. you can normally find me at either 0.01/0.02 play money or at the £1 DYMS ;)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : ahahah I must have just sat out. you can normally find me at either 0.01/0.02 play money or at the £1 DYMS ;)
    Posted by beaneh
    nah if u not at a table it says so, but when u search ur name it says 'player not found', htought u might have gone for a hero get sky to block searching ur name :P...guess ur just an enigma!

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : nah if u not at a table it says so, but when u search ur name it says 'player not found', htought u might have gone for a hero get sky to block searching ur name :P...guess ur just an enigma!
    Posted by lynx3ffect

it's kinda pointless to hide from search when i'm on most tables at some limits!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : it's kinda pointless to hide from search when i'm on most tables at some limits!
    Posted by beaneh
    i know dis, i wont lose sleep over it just a random observation!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : if we make it 93 it's 60 to cawl into 191.25  if we shove it's 186.33 to cawl into 317.58 , big diff in the odds he is getting (191.25/60 [or just />3:1] vs 317.58/186.33 [or ~1.7:1])
    Posted by beaneh
    yep mathematically cant argue with ya. however like Harvey has already said by re-raising the river to £80-90 we are kind of telling our opponent "i have a flush". a shove on the river does look more bluffy, and we are getting max value from hands that would call a £90 re-raise - which imo would be only flushes or sets. any other hand probably folds anyway, so you may as well try and get max value from your hand. if you was the villian in this hand would you fold a K or Q flush to a shove? would u fold any flush to a shove? ...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : yep mathematically cant argue with ya. however like Harvey has already said by re-raising the river to £80-90 we are kind of telling our opponent "i have a flush". a shove on the river does look more bluffy, and we are getting max value from hands that would call a £90 re-raise - which imo would be only flushes or sets. any other hand probably folds anyway, so you may as well try and get max value from your hand. if you was the villian in this hand would you fold a K or Q flush to a shove? would u fold any flush to a shove? ... also i think alot of players would struggle to lay down a set here so they would prob pay u off aswell.
    Posted by Eagle26
    i think the original bet of 120 into the vilain with 180 behind if hes calling 120 hes calling 180, is there a argument for the overbet if you would do this with your air to against a thinking player?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How much should I raise here? : yep mathematically cant argue with ya. however like Harvey has already said by re-raising the river to £80-90 we are kind of telling our opponent "i have a flush". a shove on the river does look more bluffy, and we are getting max value from hands that would call a £90 re-raise - which imo would be only flushes or sets. any other hand probably folds anyway, so you may as well try and get max value from your hand. if you was the villian in this hand would you fold a K or Q flush to a shove? would u fold any flush to a shove? ...
    Posted by Eagle26

I wouldn't be playing the river this way so I wouldn't be in this sort of situation. 

If oppo has a low flush then it's purely a case of what you think he will call more often.
  • edited July 2010

ok you wouldnt be in this situation. whatever the hand of the villian he has played it extremly wierd, hands like KQ/KJ/K-10/QJ/Q-10/J-10/67/23 clubs are all possible (and most probable in real time) or some very weirdly played set, straight or 2 pair (most probable now as we know villian folded to scottys re-raise)...
    however in the moment im putting villian on some sort of flush-hopefully not 6-7 and im shovin the lot for max value, no way is the villian folding the majority of those hands to a shove (especially given scottys rep)

• edited July 2010
    looking a bit deeper, what do you reckon his pf range is in this spot?

imo his weakest flush is J flush but then again his line on the river suggests he is betting to get to showdown/set the price himself. 

if you think he can play sets like this then i'd make a small raise, if you think he never has sets here with the river lead then I think shove is fine. I do think though that like 93/ai are the only two options.
  • edited July 2010
    looking a bit deeper, what do you reckon his pf range is in this spot? imo his weakest flush is J flush but then again his line on the river suggests he is betting to get to showdown/set the price himself.  if you think he can play sets like this then i'd make a small raise, if you think he never has sets here with the river lead then I think shove is fine. I do think though that like 93/ai are the only two options.
    Posted by beaneh
    i really cant make my mind up between set or flush, hes called from the blind so he must have a reasonably connected hand which would be 10j jq, would he call oop with that lower junk? i would tip more towards a set personally i dont like calling late raisers with them mid PPs but alot of regs do i think he checks turn for pot control then thin values blocks the river
  • edited July 2010
    this still going, i am the best player here so lets just agree my line is best and then a mod can lock it up.
  • edited July 2010
     only thing round here needs locking up is you