You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Friday 8pm open - REBUY!!!

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I think tonights rebuy tournament is actually 1 of the best tournaments on the site at the moment.... You can guarentee being there after 1 hour. The blinds increase so slowly, the BB is only 100 by the time you reach the break, and if you have about 4k and add on another 3k at break you get 50 blinds once the play re-commences with blinds at 75/150

So much time to pick off the weaker players I recommend it to anyone who thinks they are above average. (not that im saying I am)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Friday 8pm open - REBUY!!!:
    Yep I was right............ it's wrong. Rebuys are revenue raisers for the punter - they increase the prizepool. The argument is whether rake should be charged. On other sites the rebuy isn't a fraction of the buy-in it's identical (usually minus the rake). i.e. £10 + £1 = £11 with rebuys and add-ons at £10 each. Of course it's going to cost more IF you decide to rebuy or add-on. But you do have that choice it's not forced on you.
    Posted by elsadog
    Sorry elsadog you are wrong. Which sites are u talking about? Rebuying at = to buy in is not value for the player. I have played loads of $3 rebuys with rebuy of 50 cents. Phrank
  • edited July 2010
    Some of the most popular tournaments are the 90 and 180 seat $3 buy-ins. No rebuys, no add ons, no late entry. Low buy-in without the mega field and a nice return for the top 10 finishers. I play a slightly more expensive version of the same thing and they are usually all-in free until the end game when anything goes. I think that the numbers on here limit the variety that Sky can put on. I'm sure they would love to have a full range ofgames but until the numbers grow it's just not viable I suppose.
    Posted by elsadog
     Yes elsa, you are right, the numbers need to grow but how can they when the organisers ignore the customers?
    Phrank.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Friday 8pm open - REBUY!!! : Sorry elsadog you are wrong. Which sites are u talking about? Rebuying at = to buy in is not value for the player. I have played loads of $3 rebuys with rebuy of 50 cents. Phrank
    Posted by Phrank
    That is weird m8 you get the same stack for one sixth of the cost???  The premier sites all charge the buy in cost for each rebuy/add on. Never heard of that before.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Friday 8pm open - REBUY!!! :  Yes elsa, you are right, the numbers need to grow but how can they when the organisers ignore the customers? Phrank.
    Posted by Phrank
    I don't think they do, Phrank, but decisions have to be made on a very wide range of parameters, striking a balance between Client facing & Business facing. It's a tricky act to balance them "just so". Mr Charlie Munger had the right idea when trying to solve these problems. "Invert".

Here is a classic example (below). I spotted it yesterday, sent it to Suit-Cuity, the Tourney was introduced today, & is running now, with 52 runners.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a2214aac6-a5c4-467f-ac2a-47a12664ad5e&plckCurrentPage=0