You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beat..?

edited July 2010 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bowls Small blind  150.00 150.00 10165.00
xxBig blind  300.00 450.00 18823.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

philmenow Raise  600.00 1050.00 1180.00
fitzgeral3 Fold     
zimboy87 Fold     
LIAM909 Fold     
bowls Fold     
xxRaise  1500.00 2550.00 17323.00
philmenow All-in  1180.00 3730.00 0.00
xxUnmatched bet  20.00 3710.00 17343.00
xxShow

philmenow Show
  • K
  • K

Flop

• J

Turn

River

ourbecca Win Straight to the 8 3710.00  21053.00

Comments

• edited July 2010

i play 80%live and 20% on line poker and if you think the hand you posted is fixed then you should try the live game. i can write a book on bad beats and you have one. there are 52 cards in a pack and any one of 40 can come out on the flop you can come 2nd with AA

dai
  • edited July 2010
    I don't fully understand the question??
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    standard - why does a 20% chance winning surprise you? 
  • edited July 2010
    You tilt me greatly.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..?:
    Posted by darich
    just another bad beat story it happens not just here but on all the poker sites just get over it and look forward to the next game Oh and in case you think its only you it happens to here is one I made earlier

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceZUMMERZET Small blind  800.00 800.00 53985.00 Bevers76 Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 32912.50   Your hole cards A A       Fuzzymess Fold     CUFFSTER Fold     JONONZIE Raise  3200.00 5600.00 44425.00 ZUMMERZET Fold     Bevers76 All-in  32912.50 38512.50 0.00 JONONZIE All-in  44425.00 82937.50 0.00 JONONZIE Unmatched bet  13112.50 69825.00 13112.50 Bevers76 Show 6 6    JONONZIE Show A A    Flop    6 4 8       Turn    2       River    7       Bevers76 Win Three 6s 69825.00  69825.00 PrevClose windowNext
  • edited July 2010
    Phil, if you can't take the beats, don't play poker...

It is standard, it happens all the time, live and online, and until you realise this, you will not get the full enjoyment out of the game!

Learn to lose! Please!

• edited July 2010
    all hands can win at some time, so don't be surprised when it does. yesterday i had AA three times and lost all three, but then i cracked aces with 10/j. it happens so accept it and move on.
  • edited July 2010
    wow AA lost to 66, i always think online poker is rigged when i hands like that.
  • edited July 2010
    You tilt me greatly.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol +1
  • edited July 2010
    Long time no moan! You been on holiday?
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Donut64
    Hi donut mate,we better not tell phil about our sit n go just now eh? more outdraws than the wild west wasnt it? he would have nightmares for a fortnight ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : Hi donut mate,we better not tell phil about our sit n go just now eh? more outdraws than the wild west wasnt it? he would have nightmares for a fortnight ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
     Just put a joke post in Area 51 but their seemed to be some truth in it in that game! LOL
  • edited July 2010
    Phil get a pack of cards deal 6 hands. Then deal the 5 community cards and repeat many times and see how many times the best starting hand holds up! Its not many I promise you! So if thats true why do you expect it to be diffrent online?
  • edited July 2010
    Phil, if you can't take the beats, don't play poker... It is standard, it happens all the time, live and online, and until you realise this, you will not get the full enjoyment out of the game! Learn to lose! Please!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    judging by ur avatar im guessing u learnt all about losing well b4 u strtd playin poker..and i njoi the game muchly.
  • edited July 2010
    You tilt me greatly.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    it bothers me not 1 jot...
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by darich
    bcoz its exactly that...20%,and even less post flop...
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Donut64
    not yet,you?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : bcoz its exactly that...20%,and even less post flop...
    Posted by philmenow
    Yes 20%, i.e it will win 20 times out of 100. It was one of those 20 times.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : Yes 20%, i.e it will win 20 times out of 100. It was one of those 20 times.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    lol,unless ur up against chip/table leader,in which case it never happens..you just got to look through the forums,at ALL the disgruntled punters...surely we cant all be fish with no grasp on reality,and no idea how many % there is in 100..(jade goody r.i.p)
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't got the energy to go through all this again for the 50th time.
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't got the energy to go through all this again for the 50th time.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    probly not.im off to bed to dream of the time when i decide to make a really bad call with mukk and hit quads,like so many others do.gn. 
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : probly not.im off to bed to dream of the time when i decide to make a really bad call with mukk and hit quads,like so many others do.gn. 
    Posted by philmenow

Good night.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : lol,unless ur up against chip/table leader,in which case it never happens..you just got to look through the forums,at ALL the disgruntled punters...surely we cant all be fish with no grasp on reality,and no idea how many % there is in 100..(jade goody r.i.p)
    Posted by philmenow
     No just a lot of bad losers with selective memories!
     Also the reason why you get more bad beats off the big stack when you are the small stack is because they will call with a wider selection of hands but if you didnt have such a selective memory you would also realise you also double up more of the big stack!
  • edited July 2010
    you are a donk. nuff sed.
  • edited July 2010
    YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    For someone who is SUCH a good player, why come back to a site that is so obviously rigged personally against you?  You must be a winning player on any site you play so why play where the rng has its default setting to bust you!?!
    Go back to where you've been the last few months and stop boring everyone with your perceived bad beats and constant, similar threads with tales of woe!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how 'kin fake is this site..? : judging by ur avatar im guessing u learnt all about losing well b4 u strtd playin poker..and i njoi the game muchly.
    Posted by philmenow
    Yes, Supporting THFC is challenging, and frustrating sometimes, i won't lie. But so is poker!

But i get huge enjoyment out of both poker, and supporting my team.

You, seem to get huge enjoyment out of drawing attention to yourself and whinging contantly about "bad beats." Saying things are fixed etc, just shows that you are not very bright, or, as i suspect, are a troll that loves attention.... Well i have two words...

GROW UP!

P.S if you reply to this, it will be ignored, as this is my last post on this thread. Please take my advice... that is all...

• edited July 2010
    oops i just clicked on wrong poll can i revote??

I put obvious thinking whether its a bad beat, god damn u! i do not think its this site at all its just pokers right :o)
  • edited July 2010
    how many more post about the site been rigged can there be, if you think its rigged GET ON YOUR BIKE
  • edited July 2010
    What do you think about these littles gems Phil?

I'm all in on the BB, called by chip leader in SB. I have 73o, they have72o and they hit rr straight!

I'm chip leader on BB, I call a shove by the SB with my A6, he shows A5 and he hits rr straight!

I raise with 33 utg get called by BB with AQ. Q high flop, I hit my 2-outer on the turn and send him to the rail!

HU I've got 88 and shove. Called by A8 and he hits his 3-outer on the river!

It's rigged I tell you, RIGGED!!!!!!

........................oh, by the way, this all happened in LIVE tournaments! And I think you'll be able to see my reaction to the last one because it was the final hand at the SPT Swansea so there wasn't very much at stake!