You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
fani_jus Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £15.45
BCSTAR Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £13.36
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

TOSH42 Fold     
HarryUrz Call  £0.30 £0.75 £24.33
WAZM Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £71.17
fani_jus Fold     
BCSTAR Fold     
HarryUrz Call  £1.20 £3.45 £23.13
Flop

HarryUrz Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.70 £6.15 £68.47
HarryUrz Call  £2.70 £8.85 £20.43
Turn

HarryUrz Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

HarryUrz Bet  £1.50 £10.35 £18.93
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £7.00 £17.35 £61.47
HarryUrz Call  £5.50 £22.85 £13.43
DOHHHHHHH Show
  • Q
  • J

HarryUrz Show

HarryUrz Win Two Pairs, 3s and 2s £21.71  £35.14

Comments

• edited July 2010
    your line makes no sense, you bet the 9 high flop then check back on a 3c, where you would bet all you over pairs  and sets on the turn.

the river bricks another 3 and now you raise the small donk lead, what are you repping here, your hands too me would look like two overcards from the way you played it.

I always say b-c-b line is usually air, although in this case you 2bet the river.
  • edited July 2010
    Think of one hand you would play this way that can beat 2's, if you can you're lying.
  • edited July 2010

I cud be a drunk with pocket 3s
  • edited July 2010
    lol, worst hand EVER!

as cowgomoo says, what would you ever play this way other than A3 and any pp will just say gg if u got that
  • edited July 2010
     I think I played it perfectly and he misclicked call

Happens alot
  • edited July 2010

JJ i dont like your line here, if you know the player well and could give us your reads and why you have made this then it isnt too bad

Mainly dont see what you are representing here, most people who bet flop, check turn, bet usually do bluff as i fall into that habit sometimes. This guy obviously got that you missed or is a calling station which if he was the latter you shouldnt really be betting the river here as bound to be called with at least a better ace imo

• edited July 2010

Yah Im a donkeeeee but reckon everyone who has replied to this thread so far wud have folded.

He shud have folded really.

Like I say, mis-click
  • edited July 2010
    not the best flop to c-bet with your junk, you deserved getting pwnd by this donk imo lol,
    after your line on turn and river i think Ace high looks you up
  • edited July 2010

Although I maintain I played this hand ton perffffffection, 100/100......

When Im in these spots on the turn, is it best to fire again, rather than check behind with outs (my reason behind the check) or to fire again.

If I have 2 shells to fire, how is it best to use them

C bet and turn bet?

C bet and river bet?

Turn and river?

Grow some balls dohh and fire 3?

Give up on the pot, wait for aces, and let pocket 2's walk all over ya?
  • edited July 2010
    I'd prefer if you was betting the turn tbh, and would check river if blank

silly call by 3s but maybe they realise you would bet with air and bet, check, bet does institute a bluff most the time

your clearly not a donkeeeee dohhhhh lol just not a fan of this hand, however if you bet turn instead would have preferred it
  • edited July 2010
    so many hands are calling that board if you are going to fire the flop fire the turn if it bricks, then give up
  • edited July 2010
    If he's called ur flop bet with an underpair, what has possibly changed between the turn 3 and river 3 that's gonna change his mind that ur hand is either better / improved?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:?:
    If he's called ur flop bet with an underpair, what has possibly changed between the turn 3 and river 3 that's gonna change his mind that ur hand is either better / improved?
    Posted by phil12uk
    The size of the bet
  • edited July 2010
    Could of put you on a missed flush draw ?, plus i wouldnt of put you on anything on that flop after your initial pre flop raise, but hey im no poker winner lol
  • edited July 2010
    Well if you can see the guys hand on the river, but he doesnt know that you can see - what would you do on the river?

I reckon most people would raise it to £7 - Job done?

ugh

Im gonna start value betting super light!!!!
  • edited July 2010

I dont mind the size of the bet on the river but your going to get called down as you could easily have ak,aq,aj,a10, kq-k10 etc

Just think its too readable your continuation on the flop even when its low and then you slow down on the turn, most people wouldn't read this as you having a overpair as you would bet, also if you hit set you would also be betting. your hand range is very wide here and especially as low cards on the board, maybe he could have thought you had rag ace and he could have folded but he is always calling your pot size bet on the river as looks like a bluff

• edited July 2010
    You've been advised on here before that the Bet-Check-Bet line very rarely works as a bluff. Not only are you still doing it, but even after all the comments made on this thread you still appear adamant that you played this hand perfectly?

At first I genuinely thought you were being sarcastic when you said you played it perfectly, now I think you were being sincere which is bizarre considering all of the good advice that people have given you on this thread.

Well if you can see the guys hand on the river, but he doesnt know that you can see - what would you do on the river? I reckon most people would raise it to £7 - Job done?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Most people would raise to £7 given that they are able to represent something that beats his hand, which after your turn check, and as people have said, you can not.

I don't understand the point in posting a hand and then not listening to the responses??
  • edited July 2010

I dont need to represent owt his hand aint strong enough to call, it was a mis click. My hand doesnt matter if he's folding.

If he has 10 high does he call coz I cant "represent" anything?

Just fold sky poker people!! FOLDDDDDDDDDD - No1 on this thread makes that call in a million yrs.
  • edited July 2010
    id fold flop tbh, but STOP CBETTING THEE BOARDS WITH V LITTLE EQUITY
  • edited July 2010
    No1 on this thread makes that call in a million yrs.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I definitely do. And I can guarantee i'm not the only one.

You don't have to win every hand when you're playing poker. Especially when you only have Q high.
  • edited July 2010
    I dont need to represent owt his hand aint strong enough to call, it was a mis click. My hand doesnt matter if he's folding. If he has 10 high does he call coz I cant "represent" anything? Just fold sky poker people!! FOLDDDDDDDDDD - No1 on this thread makes that call in a million yrs.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH[/QUOTE

phaps he got that feeling in his guts (you know the one) and just called...
  • edited July 2010
    I dont need to represent owt his hand aint strong enough to call, it was a mis click. My hand doesnt matter if he's folding. If he has 10 high does he call coz I cant "represent" anything? Just fold sky poker people!! FOLDDDDDDDDDD - No1 on this thread makes that call in a million yrs.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    id call that with Ace high you mule
  • edited July 2010

yeh yeh, challenge for anyone to post a hand then, where theyve made a hero call on the river with 22 or worse facing a 23xbb raise.

Get trawling thru those HH's!

50p to the first to post, ill let u beat me in a HU sng
  • edited July 2010

Ok dohh i agree with you that he maybe should have folded but what i am more intrested in is what made you make the raise on the river what range where you putting him on to think that he might fold, i know you didnt put him on 22 so what kind of hands did you put him on that he would fold.
  • edited July 2010
    yeh yeh, challenge for anyone to post a hand then, where theyve made a hero call on the river with 22 or worse facing a 23xbb raise. Get trawling thru those HH's! 50p to the first to post, ill let u beat me in a HU sng
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well i bet you get quite a few hands and il also bet double or nothing that the majority are against you lol
  • edited July 2010

Yer on!

TOPTOPGUN.

I wud be lying if I wrote out a range of hands that I put him on, as most people do when they post in the clinic, especially multi tablers.

Looking back I cud assign a range (like most people do in hindsight -and claim that was what they were really thinking at the time - but that wud be pointless.

I just knew he was weak, and thought a bet wud get him to fold - so I guess his range wud be "loads of rubbish hands that don't want to face a big bet on the river" - Hence the tiny little blocker bet.

If people keep making these calls I will continue to win lots of money.

Btw, if the B-C-B line is nearly always a bluff, why dont people take this line with good hands? - do they????

Am I missing 'summat' ??
  • edited July 2010
    what do u expect dolhhh u post a lot of hands on here always giveing to much infomation away not been sarci been honest
  • edited July 2010
    what do u expect dolhhh u post a lot of hands on here always giveing to much infomation away not been sarci been honest
    Posted by scrumdown
    I also post hands where I have the nuts, so theres no difference.

As long as a player understands I bluff as well as value bet, he gains no advantage from seeing my hands.

Would you call? - U know I bluff loads, u know im in alot of pots, but you have pocket 2's!!!!! Its not even a hand!! - Im bluffing with loads n loads of hands that beat u!!
  • edited July 2010
    Thats all i was asking was for you to justify your play and you did. If you thought he was weak and could get him off his hand then thats fine, the thing is you looked weak aswell, if you bet the turn instead of check, it probably would have worked but maybe not as he did call with an underpair lol. Take note and next time you play him play your strong hand the same way and make the money back simple
  • edited July 2010
    point taken 2 things was a donk or had a good read on u