You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:?:
    Btw, if the B-C-B line is nearly always a bluff, why dont people take this line with good hands? - do they???? Am I missing 'summat' ??
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I didn't say that the B-C-B line is nearly always a bluff, I said that that line rarely works as a bluff.

And the reason most people don't take that line with their good hands (this is my assumption, i'm not the greatest player in the world as many SkyPoker-ers will concur) is because you lose so much value, particularly versus drawing hands that will pay to see the river but will not call a river value bet when their draws miss. Hence the B-C-B line rarely works as a bluff, because your opponent will assume that any hand that bets the river for value would have instead/also bet the turn for value.
  • edited July 2010

Both scrumdown? lol

I think it was high class stuff!!! - both played the hand as though we cud see eachothers cards (I think he missed the 3 bet on the river for thin value)

Btw, sum1 asked why I start threads and then ignore advice, - I read all replies - and appreciate them. U aren't wasting ur time :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:? : I also post hands where I have the nuts, so theres no difference. As long as a player understands I bluff as well as value bet, he gains no advantage from seeing my hands. Would you call? - U know I bluff loads, u know im in alot of pots, but you have pocket 2's!!!!! Its not even a hand!! - Im bluffing with loads n loads of hands that beat u!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thats exactly the point, you ARENT bluffing with loads of hands that beat him, if you have any piece of that board you are never bluff raising as you know you are most likely ahead so will just flat, you will only be value raising a 3 here....so basically this raise is a 3 or nothing, you arent turning a pair into a bluff because u dont need to

• edited July 2010

nah u give me too much credit, after he led the river like that, I wud probably only flat with 9t+ - the rest I wud bluff, I know he has pkt 8s or worse, so I wud try and make him fold with loads of hands that beat pocket 2s.

Note to fish - tiny bet n the river to induce v dohh :)

• edited July 2010
    nah u give me too much credit, after he led the river like that, I wud probably only flat with 9t+ - the rest I wud bluff, I know he has pkt 8s or worse, so I wud try and make him fold with loads of hands that beat pocket 2s. Note to fish - tiny bet n the river to induce v dohh :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    noted ;o)

lol although i sort of agree dohhhhhhh still main think is dont like the Bet, check, Bet unless you at least have part of the board
    As to whether i would make against that call personally depends on my gut and on the day, looking back if i saw the otherway round and he asked what i would do i would probably call and make a note if im wrong
  • edited July 2010
    nah u give me too much credit, after he led the river like that, I wud probably only flat with 9t+ - the rest I wud bluff, I know he has pkt 8s or worse, so I wud try and make him fold with loads of hands that beat pocket 2s. Note to fish - tiny bet n the river to induce v dohh :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you only flat with 9T+, so when you raise with a 7 you do that because you want to get him off a 9? 

EDIT: just checked you actually raised the button after he limped so putting a 3 in your range is seriously hard!
  • edited July 2010
    yeh yeh, challenge for anyone to post a hand then, where theyve made a hero call on the river with 22 or worse facing a 23xbb raise. Get trawling thru those HH's! 50p to the first to post, ill let u beat me in a HU sng
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    my ace high call from my thread. 50p plz
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:? : my ace high call from my thread. 50p plz
    Posted by Eagle26

U lost !!??

edit - and are d/q'd for not having a fold button on your laptop.
  • edited July 2010
    The turn check seals the deal.

What hand do you value raise the river on?

Pick one?
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Can I have my 50p please? :p
    villain Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £91.67
    GliterBabe Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £99.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

Theotokis Fold        
    DAVKATIAN Fold        
    LIPPY Fold        
    yb Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £186.70
    villain Call   £3.50 £9.00 £88.17
    GliterBabe Fold        
    Flop

villain Bet   £6.75 £15.75 £81.42
    yb Call   £6.75 £22.50 £179.95
    Turn

• K

villain Bet   £11.25 £33.75 £70.17
    yb Call   £11.25 £45.00 £168.70
    River

villain Bet   £20.00 £65.00 £50.17
    yb Call   £20.00 £85.00 £148.70
    villain Show
    • Q

yb Show
    • A

yb Win Ace high £83.20   £231.90
    I'm a calling station I know :(
  • edited July 2010
    lol! clear winner there with YB!

W tf! - how can u possibly make 3 calls with ace 10 high...

Ive won pots like that, for 300 big blinds with as little as king high, but not by calling!! I just don't understand how people can call with such weak hands, when you could be making the call with worse hands than he is bluffing with...

How sick wud u have felt if he showed AJ?

Surely to god a raise is better in these situations???
  • edited July 2010

thats a great call, although suspect

Bit different to Dohhhh's one though as there was not bet, check, bet

this is immense call but unless you really no the person which in this case you must this would be bad play usually

• edited July 2010

Yeh and even if you know the person, ie have a great read, there must be better spots if u think he's capable of playing like this with quen high......?

Or is it a case of trying to get his stack asap before someone else does? haha those sorts of players are ace to play with
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    The villain was an aggro fish, and whenever he hit a flop he was betting big (like at least psb's) so I thought his range included a lot of flush draws and random bluffs given his weaker betting.

Also I didn't really see what raising acheived seeing as he couldn't fold a hand so I'm hardly ever folding out hands that are beating me, and also by just calling I'm getting more value out of letting him double/triple barrel when he is bluffing.
  • edited July 2010
    Can I have my 50p please? :p villain Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £91.67 GliterBabe Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £99.00   Your hole cards A 10       Theotokis Fold         DAVKATIAN Fold         LIPPY Fold         yb Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £186.70 villain Call   £3.50 £9.00 £88.17 GliterBabe Fold         Flop     6 2 3       villain Bet   £6.75 £15.75 £81.42 yb Call   £6.75 £22.50 £179.95 Turn     K       villain Bet   £11.25 £33.75 £70.17 yb Call   £11.25 £45.00 £168.70 River     8       villain Bet   £20.00 £65.00 £50.17 yb Call   £20.00 £85.00 £148.70 villain Show Q 7       yb Show A 10       yb Win Ace high £83.20   £231.90 I'm a calling station I know :(
    Posted by yb
    ur either telepathetic or just another one of the many 'pony poker players' that get away with such mikkey mouse play...i wouldnt embarass myself posting this for 50p,...but then i wouldnt do it...
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:? : ur either telepathetic or just another one of the many 'pony poker players' that get away with such mikkey mouse play...i wouldnt embarass myself posting this for 50p,...but then i wouldnt do it...
    Posted by philmenow
    Yeah you probably wouldn't because the only hands you're interested in posting are the 'poor me I got sucked out on again' whinge threads - YAWN.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re:? : Yeah you probably wouldn't because the only hands you're interested in posting are the 'poor me I got sucked out on again' whinge threads - YAWN.
    Posted by yb
    expected sort of reply,another 6 weeks u'll be back at school..
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Yayyyyy holidays!!!