You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic

obviously i realise the villain in this hand is a regular poster so therefore please avoid the bog standard jumping to his defence cos he posts a lot nonsense.  we have been at the same table for about 2-3 rounds nothing too out of order as the blinds are too big for any real poker to be played

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
huuuuume Small blind  300.00 300.00 12535.00
dylan12 Big blind  600.00 900.00 13205.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

DAIBOOT Fold     
aussie09 Fold     
rb1983 Fold     
PORKO Fold     
huuuuume Raise  1500.00 2400.00 11035.00
dylan12 Call  1200.00 3600.00 12005.00
Flop

huuuuume Bet  1800.00 5400.00 9235.00
dylan12 Call  1800.00 7200.00 10205.00
Turn

huuuuume Check     
dylan12 Bet  3600.00 10800.00 6605.00
huuuuume All-in  9235.00 20035.00 0.00
dylan12 Call  5635.00 25670.00 970.00
huuuuume Show
  • A

dylan12 Show
  • K
  • Q

River

• K

dylan12 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 6s 25670.00  26640.00
villain has half his stack left when he called the turn for all but 700 of his chips with just king high.  in my opinion this call is terrible.  in a tourney this is just ridiculous to call off so much of your chips claiming to be 'committed' when if you fold you stil have a stack to work with and an orbit to find a hand before you are big blind again.

like i said this is a terrible call in my opinion but i would just like to know what others think on the hand above. sorry it didnt paste out as clear as normal but there were no flush draws that could influence the call.

2 questions
what do you think of the call that villain makes with just king high on the turn?
can king high ever be expected to be ahead in this spot?

only posting because of the discussion following the hand.

Comments

• edited July 2010

1 the villain had to much to drink on the weekend

2 yes when it wins
  • edited July 2010

King high can be good against a serial blind stealer/raiser...

He hit, big deal, get over it... Why post the villains name and comments about jumping to his defence? You obviously want a reaction because he sucked out on you...

I think this thread is more suited to Area 51

• edited July 2010
    You're repping KJ so blatently here, your hand is basically face up, its a snap call.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here?:
    King high can be good against a serial blind stealer/raiser... He hit, big deal, get over it... Why post the villains name and comments about jumping to his defence? You obviously want a reaction because he sucked out on you... I think this thread is more suited to Area 51
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This   smiley face
  • edited July 2010
    1 villain was bladdered (gotta be)

2 that really is a silly question ;o)

VVUL huuuuume,and yes i wouldnt be happy with a call in this either.Soz for ya mate,dav
  • edited July 2010
    King high can be good against a serial blind stealer/raiser... He hit, big deal, get over it... Why post the villains name and comments about jumping to his defence? You obviously want a reaction because he sucked out on you... I think this thread is more suited to Area 51
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Be reasonable,dont think youde appreciate a call here either
  • edited July 2010
    You're repping KJ so blatently here, your hand is basically face up, its a snap call.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Hmmm repping KJ eh? gd read it is actually A 5
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Be reasonable,dont think youde appreciate a call here either
    Posted by dav1964
    OP was not reasonable by a) mentioning villains name and then criticising his play, and b) saying he posts a lot of nonsense (which is not true imo)

If a guy calls me here, i do appreciate the call, and i am happy because i got my money in ahead. If he hits the river, so be it, suck it up and move on to the next game.

• edited July 2010
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    On reflection,i stand by what i say but i DO think villains name shoulda been Xd out.dav
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Hmmm repping KJ eh? gd read it is actually A 5
    Posted by dav1964
    Tell me this is a joke reply?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Tell me this is a joke reply?
    Posted by Norbit
    Hope you chuckled ;o)

PS how come you saw cowgomoos tounge in cheek remark but not mine?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Hmmm repping KJ eh? gd read it is actually A 5
    Posted by dav1964
    scary, just scary!
  • edited July 2010

Typical bad beat thread sigh, I did not call with K high btw - I have a pair of 6's with a King kicker, why, cos it was against you and K high is normally good here v you, also I don't feel like grinding with 9BB - Im lazy, what can i say. Finally I know the K is coming, poker is easy when you can see the cards and im going for the Orford flush. Be gratefull I called, why you moaning? Im not drawing dead, do i call there normally, no, do i call v a LAG, yes - hence the call.

As for your comments about my posts being a lot of nonsense, not very nice is it, especially coming from someone who hardly ever posts!! Also, not nice to leave villain's name in the post, if you posted more you may know that!!

I hope this post is not filled with to much nonsense for you btw, can't believe I wasted time writing a response to you, I am sad and have to much time on my hands.

• edited July 2010
    Typical bad beat thread sigh, I did not call with K high btw - I have a pair of 6's with a King kicker, why, cos it was against you and K high is normally good here v you, also I don't feel like grinding with 9BB - Im lazy, what can i say. Finally I know the K is coming, poker is easy when you can see the cards and im going for the Orford flush. Be gratefull I called, why you moaning? Im not drawing dead, do i call there normally, no, do i call v a LAG, yes - hence the call. As for your comments about my posts being a lot of nonsense, not very nice is it, especially coming from someone who hardly ever posts!! Also, not nice to leave villain's name in the post, if you posted more you may know that!! I hope this post is not filled with to much nonsense for you btw, can't believe I wasted time writing a response to you, I am sad and have to much time on my hands.
    Posted by dylan12
    what a nasty post,you should be thouroughly ashamed talking down to 'lesser' people than yourself,like this...wheres skyrich now..??? if your play embarrasses you so much 'DONT DO IT',and then give some bs justification...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : what a nasty post,you should be thouroughly ashamed talking down to 'lesser' people than yourself,like this...wheres skyrich now..??? if your play embarrasses you so much 'DONT DO IT',and then give some bs justification...
    Posted by philmenow[/QUOTE

I think you will find that the first post isn't to pleasant and the reply is justified imho
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : what a nasty post,you should be thouroughly ashamed talking down to 'lesser' people than yourself,like this...wheres skyrich now..??? if your play embarrasses you so much 'DONT DO IT',and then give some bs justification...
    Posted by philmenow
    Are you being serious?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? :
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : what a nasty post,you should be thouroughly ashamed talking down to 'lesser' people than yourself,like this...wheres skyrich now..??? if your play embarrasses you so much 'DONT DO IT',and then give some bs justification... Posted by philmenow[/QUOTE I think you will find that the first post isn't to pleasant and the reply is justified imho
    Posted by hawk7112
    i think you'll find i wasnt talking to you...but now i am,they left the name in,whats so nasty 'bout that,?...name and shame ,thats the way forward...gonna learn much quicker,if theyv got 'half an ounce'..
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Are you being serious?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    well thats 50/50 innit....
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : scary, just scary!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Did you even bother to read all of these posts or just the ones you wanted to get snotty about.Ive already replied to norbits post sayin i was takin the ppppp.

BTW ure scary as well
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by philmenow
    Why is it a nasty response? I am not in the least embarassed by my play - why should I be? As for talking down to lesser players than myself - lmao!! Whilst we are talking about nastiness, look at the aggression in your own post!!
  • edited July 2010

Phil is a troll and should be ignored. I know i will from now on, i have seen enough of his posts to make this judgement.

Dylan's comments are fair enough, and it is not the done thing to post the name of a villain in a hand when you are criticising the villian's play. (rightly, or wrongly)

I stand by my first comments that this thread belongs in Area 51, the OP's intentions seem to be to ridicule the villian rather than seeking proper strategic advice.

My final post on this thread

Hoggers

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Why is it a nasty response? I am not in the least embarassed by my play - why should I be? As for talking down to lesser players than myself - lmao!! Whilst we are talking about nastiness, look at the aggression in your own post!!
    Posted by dylan12
    read it again?  figures.  lol.   least aggressive person your ever likely not to meet,me.
  • edited July 2010

Sometimes king high is good in this situation.

Hugh-mongoose mis read by Dylan.

But he was due 1 (or a few 100)

U just have to play the hand as u see it - if u want the "over time" response, of course it is never a good call over time.

But mtts r like 1 off situations, u get 1 life, u got it in good, happy days.

VUL! - stop bluffing calling stations!!!! ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Phil is a troll and should be ignored. I know i will from now on, i have seen enough of his posts to make this judgement. Dylan's comments are fair enough, and it is not the done thing to post the name of a villain in a hand when you are criticising the villian's play. (rightly, or wrongly) I stand by my first comments that this thread belongs in Area 51, the OP's intentions seem to be to ridicule the villian rather than seeking proper strategic advice. My final post on this thread Hoggers
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lol,standard response... im sure half you people work at call centres.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : i think you'll find i wasnt talking to you...but now i am,they left the name in,whats so nasty 'bout that,?...name and shame ,thats the way forward...gonna learn much quicker,if theyv got 'half an ounce'..
    Posted by philmenow

Forgive me for posting my opinion.

My comment was for what was said at the beginning of the post. Not how it was played its his money/chips they can do/play it how they like.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: the £22 bounty hunter...is king high ever good here? : Forgive me for posting my opinion. My comment was for what was said at the beginning of the post. Not how it was played its his money/chips they can do/play it how they like.
    Posted by hawk7112
    lol,another 1.
  • edited July 2010
    What does working in a call centre have to do with anything? So now you are looking down on people who work in call centres..... sick! :0
  • edited July 2010
    dylan you should ship hummmme some money cos from now on im never folding A high to you ever!
  • edited July 2010
    What does working in a call centre have to do with anything? So now you are looking down on people who work in call centres..... sick! :0
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    that'll be the 'standard response' you get to any question u ask to anyone in a call centre,...the answers always the same
  • edited July 2010
    Phil you checked the turn and Dylan moved in with 30% of his stack, I would have called you in that position. You have no complaint here and are just venting your frustrations. Give it up! As for Dylan being aggressive, posting his name is in itself an aggressive move.  Posting names is not the done thing in HH's and you know that, you've posted enough!
    Posted by elsadog
    not me