You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems rebuying in The Open?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Anyone else had an issue with rebuying in tonights Open? I've not been able to rebuy evgen though i've had less than 2000 chips. The money goes from my account (i can see this in My Accunt page) but i don't get the chips and the money is returned to my account after the next hand. It's totally screwed with my gameplan for the early stages of the tourney as i actually had a fair stack only to gamble a bit and lose only to find i couldn't top back up. Is this a new initiative or is it a fault of some sort?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    This has happened to me when I have entered a hand, which has reduced my balance to less than 2000 chips, but have subsequently won the hand giving me more than 2000 chips so that the rebuy has been invalidated.

I should add that this wasn't in tonight game but a previous rebuy.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open?:
    This has happened to me when I have entered a hand, which has reduced my balance to less than 2000 chips, but have subsequently won the hand giving me more than 2000 chips so that the rebuy has been invalidated.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    The issue im having happens even when my stack remains under 2000. I wasn't even involved in hands when i requested the rebuys. I've literally lost count  of the amount of attempts i made.
  • edited July 2010
    should be no rebuy anyway! on table everyone spent about £30 so they now dominaing me just makes it a donkfest these stupid rebuys!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Yet another prob SSDD .
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : The issue im having happens even when my stack remains under 2000. I wasn't even involved in hands when i requested the rebuys. I've literally lost count  of the amount of attempts i made.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Same happened to me in tot tonight. The money was taken and then put back, could not rebuy!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : Same happened to me in tot tonight. The money was taken and then put back, could not rebuy!
    Posted by MADMOO
    I've jsut checked my account history and it shows this happened 7 times.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : I've jsut checked my account history and it shows this happened 7 times.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    I tried twice, wouldn't let me do it any more.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : I tried twice, wouldn't let me do it any more.
    Posted by MADMOO
    I tried calling CS but got sick of waiting in the queue. I'll perhaps try again later.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : I tried calling CS but got sick of waiting in the queue. I'll perhaps try again later.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Good luck with that!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : Good luck with that!
    Posted by MADMOO
    Indeed. Spent another 10 minutes waiting to get through then gave up.
  • edited July 2010
    This was happening to me in two tournaments. I tried to rebuy when under 2000 and got nothing. I kept trying as the thing progressed. My account shows 21 transactions LOL.

This is not very good I don't know what I've paid for and got or not got.

Edit: Been on to customer services waiting for 12 minutes and I'm next in the queue lol

Edit 2: !5 minutes....... but I'm still next in queue

Edit 3: I exited and went back......... good news! I'm next in the queue.

Edit 4: 20 mins and I'm in.

Edit 5: A very very nice man is looking into it for me

Edit 6: Dum de Dum de Dum
  • edited July 2010
    23:00:37 Thanks for contacting Sky Poker Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.........
    23:00:47 Sorry to keep you waiting. We'll answer your query as soon as we can.
    23:00:57 Don’t forget to register for all the great freeroll tournaments we’re currently running as part of the August Freeroll Festival! Further details are available at skypoker.com/freeroll......
    23:01:02 We are experiencing a high level of contacts. Please bear with us and we will get to you as soon as possible.
    23:01:32 We apologise for the delay. For forgotten PIN please call 08000 725181
    23:02:33 Thank you for your patience, we will deal with your query as soon as possible.
    23:03:13 We're very sorry that we've kept you waiting for so long. If you continue to hold, we'll be with you as soon as we can.
    23:03:53 Thanks for your patience, we'll deal with your query shortly.
    23:04:43 Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get to you.
    23:05:28 Sky XXXXX has joined this session!
    23:05:28 Connected with Sky XXXXX
    23:05:30 Hi alan holland (elsadog), my name's XXXXX. How can I help you today?
    23:05:44 hi XXXXX
    23:06:04 Ive played in two rebuy tournaments tonight
    23:06:44 in both I tried to rebuy when my stack was below the starting level and never received any chips
    23:07:04 i tried a number of times and no chips appeared
    23:07:28 according to my account there were 22 transactions
    23:07:38 Can I take your User ID please?
    23:07:48 XXXXXXXXXXX
    23:08:13 Please bear with me and I'll look into this for you
    23:08:21 ty
    23:12:23 are referring to a particular game?
    23:12:45 yes the Open and the Take on Tikay mtts
    23:15:14 see that you made a profit on that game £11
    23:15:27 what do you mean
    23:16:14 the game your currently in which is the Take on Tikay
    23:16:25 yes what about it
    23:17:27 isn't this the game you referring to?
    23:17:47 how could i make a profit when i didnt cash in it?
    23:18:04 i played 2 games simultaneously
    23:18:19 that what you made so far off the table
    23:18:48 sry pls explain last sentence
    23:19:44 you made a £11 off the Take on Tikay tournament so far
    23:20:25 how i was knocked out before the prizemoney
    23:21:04 your still in the game as it is still currently running
    23:21:22 and i was knocked out in 44th place in the open and 30 paid
    23:21:31 im not
    23:21:46 who are you looking what is the player name
    23:21:59 you referring to the £3000 Rebuy Open game
    23:22:20 i was knockrd out of both
    23:23:26 in the take on tikay i exited in 38th place and 8 places pay
    23:23:54 in the open i went out in 44th and 30 pay
    23:24:32 how can i be in profit when there arre about a dozen rebuys from my account
    23:25:28 i am not in either game so you must be checking on a different player
    23:26:05 and I'm pretty certain I don't get appearance money
    23:27:10 so I can't be showing an £11 profit
    23:28:40 Its showing that you still in the game Take on Tikay
    23:28:48 who is
    23:28:52 what name
    23:29:42 SoLack 
                  CHEETAH10
                  Hornet80
                  MRBURNS4 
                  Tikay10
                  chrisg6912 
                  freechips1 
                  Jiiimbo 
                  ACA
    23:29:52 Those are the players still in
    23:30:09 Solack
    23:30:27 my playing name is ELSADOG
    23:32:01 I tell you what I've had a good week I think I'll leave it at that I've got a headache now
    23:32:18 Have a good night
    23:32:52 cheers
    23:33:04 NP take care
  • edited July 2010
    elsa, i had a similar converstaion recently over the phone with CS. The woman was lovely but hopeless at the same time. FWIW the rebuy facility was working fine for me in Velocity and i just took it down for circa £200 profit so that's a nice sweetener for me but i still hopethat this can be looked into as a matter of urgency as you know yourself how much this ruins a tournament for you when you aren't expecting it to happen. I'm not going to start asking for refunds etc i just want an explanation and an assurance it won't happen agin.
  • edited July 2010

mate  take the user ID out  .. eek  

oh and "23:26:05 and I'm pretty certain I don't get appearance money" !! (haahhaa)

• edited July 2010
    mate  take the user ID out  .. eek   oh and " 23:26:05  and I'm pretty certain I don't get appearance money" !! (haahhaa)  
    Posted by batman4

Well spotted I made sure I took his name out and forgot mine  lol
  • edited July 2010
    elsa, i had a similar converstaion recently over the phone with CS. The woman was lovely but hopeless at the same time. FWIW the rebuy facility was working fine for me in Velocity and i just took it down for circa £200 profit so that's a nice sweetener for me but i still hopethat this can be looked into as a matter of urgency as you know yourself how much this ruins a tournament for you when you aren't expecting it to happen. I'm not going to start asking for refunds etc i just want an explanation and an assurance it won't happen agin.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Great result ..... them velocities always got the better of me ...... nice cash.

The rebuy facility should allow you to effectively double the starting stack. If you bust out and are unable to do this then you are at a disadvantage. They need to sort it out.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : Indeed. Spent another 10 minutes waiting to get through then gave up.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Bet your glad you gave up, they gave poor Elsa a headache!
  • edited July 2010
    23:00:37  https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/chat/welcome_poker.html 23:00:37  Thanks for contacting Sky Poker Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly......... 23:00:47  Sorry to keep you waiting. We'll answer your query as soon as we can. 23:00:57  Don’t forget to register for all the great freeroll tournaments we’re currently running as part of the August Freeroll Festival! Further details are available at skypoker.com/freeroll...... 23:01:02  We are experiencing a high level of contacts. Please bear with us and we will get to you as soon as possible. 23:01:32  We apologise for the delay. For forgotten PIN please call 08000 725181 23:02:33  Thank you for your patience, we will deal with your query as soon as possible. 23:03:13  We're very sorry that we've kept you waiting for so long. If you continue to hold, we'll be with you as soon as we can. 23:03:53  Thanks for your patience, we'll deal with your query shortly. 23:04:43  Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get to you. 23:05:28  Sky XXXXX has joined this session! 23:05:28  Connected with Sky XXXXX 23:05:30  Hi alan holland (elsadog), my name's XXXXX. How can I help you today? 23:05:44  hi XXXXX 23:06:04  Ive played in two rebuy tournaments tonight 23:06:44  in both I tried to rebuy when my stack was below the starting level and never received any chips 23:07:04  i tried a number of times and no chips appeared 23:07:28  according to my account there were 22 transactions 23:07:38  Can I take your User ID please? 23:07:48 XXXXXXXXXXX 23:08:13  Please bear with me and I'll look into this for you 23:08:21  ty 23:12:23  are referring to a particular game? 23:12:45  yes the Open and the Take on Tikay mtts 23:15:14  see that you made a profit on that game £11 23:15:27  what do you mean 23:16:14  the game your currently in which is the Take on Tikay 23:16:25  yes what about it 23:17:27  isn't this the game you referring to? 23:17:47  how could i make a profit when i didnt cash in it? 23:18:04  i played 2 games simultaneously 23:18:19  that what you made so far off the table 23:18:48  sry pls explain last sentence 23:19:44  you made a £11 off the Take on Tikay tournament so far 23:20:25  how i was knocked out before the prizemoney 23:21:04  your still in the game as it is still currently running 23:21:22  and i was knocked out in 44th place in the open and 30 paid 23:21:31  im not 23:21:46  who are you looking what is the player name 23:21:59  you referring to the £3000 Rebuy Open game 23:22:20  i was knockrd out of both 23:23:26  in the take on tikay i exited in 38th place and 8 places pay 23:23:54  in the open i went out in 44th and 30 pay 23:24:32  how can i be in profit when there arre about a dozen rebuys from my account 23:25:28  i am not in either game so you must be checking on a different player 23:26:05  and I'm pretty certain I don't get appearance money 23:27:10  so I can't be showing an £11 profit 23:28:40  Its showing that you still in the game Take on Tikay 23:28:48  who is 23:28:52  what name 23:29:42  SoLack                CHEETAH10               Hornet80               MRBURNS4                Tikay10               chrisg6912                freechips1                Jiiimbo                ACA 23:29:52  Those are the players still in 23:30:09 Solack 23:30:27  my playing name is ELSADOG 23:32:01  I tell you what I've had a good week I think I'll leave it at that I've got a headache now 23:32:18  Have a good night 23:32:52  cheers 23:33:04  NP take care
    Posted by elsadog

hahaha, sorry but that is funny lol

• edited July 2010

23:12:45 yes the Open and the Take on Tikay mtts
    Posted by elsadog
    Is it possible they thought you were Tikay when you typed this?  Scary thought! lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : Is it possible they thought you were Tikay when you typed this?  Scary thought! lol
    Posted by Machka

I think he'd had a long day. He thought I was Solack and yet if you look at the beginning of the conversation he says hello to me using my name. At some point I changed to Solack. I still have no idea what it cost me as there are 22 rebuy transactions showing on my account which shows money out then money in then out then in and on and on. I only know my balance dropped by about £60 at the end of it. Trying to get an answer took nearly an hour altogether and I eventually lost the will to live, so gave up.
  • edited July 2010

I should not laugh, but that CC convo did make me smile! I actually (& personally) disapprove of C & P-ing private convos with CC operatives onto Open Forums, it seems rather bad form to me, but I also confess to lolling hard at that. Which is a tough spot for me to stand in! 
  • edited July 2010

There were a few issues with the Rebuy functionality (or is it infunctionality?) last night, a few people mentioned them to me, & I incurred them myself, too.

Anyone who PAID for a Rebuy or Add-On got it, so no money was lost in that sense, but of course many of us feel we've been disadvantaged if we adopt a rebuy or add-on policy in such a Tourney & then cannot do it, as we feel we have been disadvantaged. How you quantify that is another matter altogether - did we lose money, or save money, by being unable to rebuy as much as we wanted to? We'll never know.

A friend of mine noted it carefully, & sent me screen grabs of how it affected him, so I sent them all to Head Office at about 8.45pm last night.

I also managed to speak to the chief techo boffin just before 9pm last night, which enabled him to watch what was happening "as it happened".

They are now, I assume, checking it out, & if I hear back from them as to cause, I'll let you know.

If anyone actually paid for a rebuy & never got the chips (or thought they did/did not), they must inform CC immediately, but as far as I could tell last night, there were no such instances. If there were, recompense will be sorted, of course.
  • edited July 2010
    Bad form it may be but it's funny.

This rebuy problem was encountered by a number of players. I notice there has been no comment from Sky regarding this. Trying to fathom what has been taken out of the account is a minefield as you have to trawl through every HH and compare against the outgoing/incoming moneys in your account. I was in 2 rebuys at the same time and as the HH are mixed between the two games I would need a team of accountants to audit it for me.

edit: I see you are addressing this issue now. For me contacting CS was not very constructive as can be seen. I think I'll let it pass ...... lesson learned.
  • edited July 2010
    Bad form it may be but it's funny. This rebuy problem was encountered by a number of players. I notice there has been no comment from Sky regarding this. Trying to fathom what has been taken out of the account is a minefield as you have to trawl through every HH and compare against the outgoing/incoming moneys in your account. I was in 2 rebuys at the same time and as the HH are mixed between the two games I would need a team of accountants to audit it for me.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yup, exactly as I commented. I laughed, I should not have, but I did!
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all,

Firstly, apologises for any issues that you experienced last night, we are looking into what could have that affected the purchase of rebuys last night in the Open etc; but to put your minds at rest if you went to purchase a rebuy and it failed for whatever reason, the price of the rebuy is credited back to your account immediately

If anybody has any questions about this and are unsure if the money was credited, please as Tikay says do not hesitate to contact customer care - If you wish you can send me a PM and I will look into it for you.

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • edited July 2010
    Bad form it may be but it's funny. This rebuy problem was encountered by a number of players. I notice there has been no comment from Sky regarding this. Trying to fathom what has been taken out of the account is a minefield as you have to trawl through every HH and compare against the outgoing/incoming moneys in your account. I was in 2 rebuys at the same time and as the HH are mixed between the two games I would need a team of accountants to audit it for me. edit: I see you are addressing this issue now. For me contacting CS was not very constructive as can be seen. I think I'll let it pass ...... lesson learned.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks Alan.

Yes - or is it no? - your CC convo did not exactly help much, I agree! Easy to laugh, of course, as I did, but not too easy sometimes to stand in their shoes & be so readily mocked.

There has been no comment from Sky Poker, correct, but as I noted, thery are on it.

As to checking how many rebuys/add-ons we each had, I found that very easy, because I make a note of how many I take, & my Account Details show me what I spend on each Tourney. 

At 9.15pm last night in the 8.30 TOTTY, my account showed £16.50 of cost against that Tourney, which equated to entry, plus two of the three permitted rebuys. Which was exactly correct, but I was unable to take my third rebuy because the lobby "greyed out". So I never suffered any direct loss, but I was prevented from having my third rebuy. Hard to say if that caused me a "loss" or a gain, to be honest.

As luck would have it, I cashed - just - so I got out of it in the end & all ended well.

I'll keep you informed if I hear more.
  • edited July 2010

And just as I agree with Alan that  "there has been no comment from Sky Poker", Sky Bernie comments!

Godf Bless Bernie. He's old - VERY old (87 I believe) but very reliable.

If he was an old pair of slippers, I'd wear him.
  • edited July 2010
    FWIW I had no problems with the rebuy system, and just want to say how good I felt the structure of it was.

I know these rebuys are getting some stick, but there was so much play in this, it was almost like a deepstack. By the 1st break the blinds were still only 50\100 and 1st level after the break was 75\150... I had around 6k by the break which wasnt a big stack, so with the 3k add-on I had 9k and was 60 BB deep after 1 hours play. Most 8pm games the blinds at this point would be 150\300 and you would be luck to have more than 25 BBs.

It was a long tournament, but I would love to see all 8pm tournaments to have the same blind structure, with a 3k starting stack it would be 90 minutes before your initial starting stack is shove or fold!!
  • edited July 2010
    Bad form it may be but it's funny. This rebuy problem was encountered by a number of players. I notice there has been no comment from Sky regarding this. Trying to fathom what has been taken out of the account is a minefield as you have to trawl through every HH and compare against the outgoing/incoming moneys in your account. I was in 2 rebuys at the same time and as the HH are mixed between the two games I would need a team of accountants to audit it for me. edit: I see you are addressing this issue now. For me contacting CS was not very constructive as can be seen. I think I'll let it pass ...... lesson learned.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi Alan,

I understand Bernie has now sent you a PM.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Problems rebuying in The Open? : Thanks Alan. Yes - or is it no? - your CC convo did not exactly help much, I agree! Easy to laugh, of course, as I did, but not too easy sometimes to stand in their shoes & be so readily mocked. There has been no comment from Sky Poker, correct, but as I noted, thery are on it. As to checking how many rebuys/add-ons we each had, I found that very easy, because I make a note of how many I take, & my Account Details show me what I spend on each Tourney.  At 9.15pm last night in the 8.30 TOTTY, my account showed £16.50 of cost against that Tourney, which equated to entry, plus two of the three permitted rebuys. Which was exactly correct, but I was unable to take my third rebuy because the lobby "greyed out". So I never suffered any direct loss, but I was prevented from having my third rebuy. Hard to say if that caused me a "loss" or a gain, to be honest. As luck would have it, I cashed - just - so I got out of it in the end & all ended well. I'll keep you informed if I hear more.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Because there was a mix of successfula and failed attempts my account shows money in/money out, money out/money out, and sometimes money in/money in varied across 2 tournaments in no particular order. May be simple for you but not for me to work out.

The inability to rebuy when below the starting stack is akin to not being able to reload up to the max buy in level in a cash game. It is a disadvantage in my eyes.