You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Yes, you read it correctly guys and girls.  Tonight we see the launch of our fabulous new show Dealer's Choice.  And getting the new show format underway we have our very own DP Fitzgerald and Mr Tony 'Tikay' Kendall.

Dealer's Choice will be bringing you a bit of this, a bit of that, and bit of the other - and we want YOU to get involved, so do get your forum posts and emails rolling in.

* Our studio guest tonight is the editor of WPT Magazine, Mr Jon Young, and he will be discussing some of this months big stories, and more.

* We will be keeping you up to date with all the Primo stats and leaderboards.

* The Swansea SPT footage will be hitting your screens.

* We will have a round up of all that is the WSOP.

* The Poker Clinic will be opening their books for some of your appointments - want your questions answered on our show? Then get them in!!!

* And, of course, we couldn't have a 3 hour show without some CASH CASH CASH - so we'll be bringing you some of the action from the red baize tonight also.

So, if you havent tuned in already, get yourself over to channel 865.

We'll see you there!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Your show will be good (as always) but why not have it on another night and leave "primo night alone" - One of the main reasons i like playing this tourney is to listen to the hand anaiysis and maybe get my own hand looked at - your thoughts please
  • edited August 2010
    Taking from the tread that Sky Ling started on this same topic.

PLEASE bring back the ADVERTISED show, its on the TV listings as PRIMO and its also on your own webpage. " PRIMO - LIVESun 1st August - 8pmDP Fitzgerald and Tony Kendall present the Primo LIVE on channel 865" 
    The whole point of the Sky TV Channel is that we can get to see some of our hands being played, instead we get someone plugging their magazine. 

You are hardly showing ANY live tournament play now so what is the point of the Sky TV Channel?

Please reply HERE as I am no longer watching the show, as I got bored as all they were showing is "chat, chat, chat".

Tikay and the regulars will know that I am not one to complain on the forum but this IS taking the Mickey.
  • edited August 2010
    I have to admit I have switched over too
  • edited August 2010
    Sky movies is a winner 2nite then
  • edited August 2010
    maybe this format should be shown on tuesday or wednesday??

i cant comment on the show itself as im watching a documentary called alice and her 6 dads lol ;)

women hey............................
  • edited August 2010
    TIKAY talking about Lestor Piggot, Legend

Talking about waiting rides Tikay, Richard Hughes broke Lestor Piggots Glorious Goodwood wins record and watch his ride on Canford Cliffs, to wait that long with a 129 rated horse Rip Van Winkle go for home with 3-4 lengths to make up is poety in motion, getting up at the finish hard held with a cheeky look over his shoulder at the jock Ryan Moore

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT1!!

RICHARD HUGHES KING
  • edited August 2010
    Dealers Choice, so good it needs two threads. ;-)
  • edited August 2010

Top Gear is on at 9:30pm.  I never used to be free to see it.  Until tonight.

• edited August 2010
    I turned it on and saw them saying there is over 30k going to the scroungers in freeroll this month, that put me on life tilt so promptly turned it back off. Primo FTW
  • edited August 2010
    wee-bit harsh/offensive that comment Flash, a lot of people will be rebuying. Not everyone has a bankroll the size of yours mate. What do you suggest to stamp out the "scroungers".... Credit Checks?
  • edited August 2010
    Time to move on maybe.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm:
    I turned it on and saw them saying there is over 30k going to the scroungers in freeroll this month, that put me on life tilt so promptly turned it back off. Primo FTW
    Posted by FlashFlush
    not true, i have been playing the freerolls, as have other regular players

Charles your such a snob
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : not true, i have been playing the freerolls, as have other regular players Charles your such a snob
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    "Rhymes with Snob"
  • edited August 2010
    am i wrong to read between the lines and think that this programme was a a last minute decision due to technical reasons with the hand replayer?
  • edited August 2010
    agree with everything above.. even though im not playing the primo i tuned in to watch the "main event " of the week... i like the idea of dealers choice but not primo night..
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : "Rhymes with Snob"
    Posted by emilyegg

Rob?

• edited August 2010
    The sky tour is a great thing for skypoker and the community, and Sky were not sure if they would even do it this year due to it actually losing them money. All I am saying is I would hate to see something so great suffer because so much has been put into freerolls where people expect to get something for nothing. Also if Sky held back on all the freerolls there may be some room for more 'risky' guarentees in some tournaments

Sorry it sounded so harsh, but if people want to just play with no risk for the fun of the game then there are freeplay tables.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : Rob?
    Posted by hawk7112
    Wrong. The correct answer was Blob. ;0)
  • edited August 2010
    the freeroll money isn't ever gonna be withdrawn.  it is gonna be recycled round and round the site, with only a small proportion of it finding it way to the small percentage of players on this site who make regular withdrawals.

think of it like benefit payments, and how much money the government gets back almost instantly in the form of cigarette and alcohol duty
  • edited August 2010
    The sky tour is a great thing for skypoker and the community, and Sky were not sure if they would even do it this year due to it actually losing them money. All I am saying is I would hate to see something so great suffer because so much has been put into freerolls where people expect to get something for nothing. Also if Sky held back on all the freerolls there may be some room for more 'risky' guarentees in some tournaments Sorry it sounded so harsh, but if people want to just play with no risk for the fun of the game then there are freeplay tables.
    Posted by FlashFlush

The freerolls dont cost sky much anyway, alot of it is recouped from the rebuys and addons..

The tour will not go because of the freeroll festival, anyway, even if it did go, we would do our own unofficial tour, im sure

apology accepted
  • edited August 2010
    It is fair comment that some people do want/expect something for nothing in all walks of life, but since the re-buys started on the freerolls, they have became more playable (imo). The TKO`s and Team Poker stuff was more enjoyable though.....maybe some people like to use the freerolls to try a site out. It would be interesting to see how many players rely solely on freerolls and do not deposit any funds, it cant be that many though...can it?
  • edited August 2010
    awww Tikay I had no idea you predicted me to win Swansea! I did try my best and it may comfort you to know I didn't donk off my chips (as you would usually expect me to), I got my money in a 7-1 favourite on the flop. If I had won that I would of been left with a healthy stack but you know what happened next...BINK...I was out. If I attend Nottingham predict me to win that and I'll win it for you promise!! lool
  • edited August 2010
    Looking at the freerolls I've seen running so far Sky Poker are having to cover about 30% of the total cost.  So it may cost them £10k over the whole of August, possibly, maybe, ish.
  • edited August 2010
    Can you play my hand next time you are showing cash games to rate my play.

People limped in, the guy to my left kept raising, so I let him raise again

Cheers

PKRPar
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : not true, i have been playing the freerolls, as have other regular players Charles your such a snob
    Posted by GREGHOGG

I think he should rephrase this:  Freerolls are for scroungers and Totteringham supporters

• edited August 2010
    good mix of stuff in the show--liked it
  • edited August 2010
    can we have clarification on whether sunday nights schedule was indicative of sundays from now on as the people who pay to enter the primo deserve to know whether thjey will actually get to see it as they were probably expecting to this week?
  • edited August 2010
    can we have clarification on whether sunday nights schedule was indicative of sundays from now on as the people who pay to enter the primo deserve to know whether thjey will actually get to see it as they were probably expecting to this week?
    Posted by lordbobby
    It's an impossible task for Sky to please everyone. If players want to see themselves on TV and have their game analysed they can do better than the primo coverage which is no more than edited highlights which don't reflect what the game was really like. I don't think people enter the primo to be on TV, they enter to have a chance at winning it surely.

Master cash gives a more realistic view and better analysis.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi All

Sorry you have not had a reply sooner. We are going through some major changes at the channel including looking at the shows we broadcast. These include us losing the 3D set and having to move to a simplified 2D version. However this will only effect the visual image you see rather then the content of the show in the long run.

This Sunday's change in scheduled programmes was merely an experiment therefore we appreciate all the feedback. The website should have been updated with the relevant information and I will be looking into why this did not happen. As the demand is so high for Primo to return on a Sunday evening I will be speaking to the Producer to make sure it is back on your screens asap.

Please continue to send in feedback about what you would like to see and when.

Thanks
  • edited August 2010

Morning.

I said this (below) on the "Ask tikay" thread in reply to a question, so I repeat it here, & in the parallel Show Thread.

"....Hi,

Thank you for your very well-phrased question. I know you & many others are quite angry, so I appreciate your diplomacy.

And yes, I do know what you mean, if I may paraphrase you.

The answer?

Could you please leave it with me for about 48 hours, please, & in the meantime, don't make any assumptions? As soon as I know the answer, the clear answer, I will reply fully.

Last night, during a break in the Show, I went on Forum & said (words to the effect),,

"Keep the constructive feedback coming. They ARE listening. TY TY TY".

That remains the case.

And DO keep the feedback coming. Bile & vitriol won't help, but almost all of it was solid & constructive stuff. More of the same, please.

Neither 865, or Sky Poker, will stand still, we have to innovate & move forward. But we also have to strike the balance of old & new "just so" with you, our Clients. And we will.

Thanks."