You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm:
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : It's an impossible task for Sky to please everyone. If players want to see themselves on TV and have their game analysed they can do better than the primo coverage which is no more than edited highlights which don't reflect what the game was really like. I don't think people enter the primo to be on TV, they enter to have a chance at winning it surely. Master cash gives a more realistic view and better analysis.
    Posted by elsadog
    hi elsadog,  you are countering a valid point and dismissing the view held by many, probably the great majority.  nonetheless, your view is valid, mine is too.   primo is a programme that people like and are attracted to.  it represents everything that is skypoker's USP... the unique selling point that, last night, was transformed into something mediocre.

• edited August 2010
    Just thought I'd mix it up a little :o)

Bad doggy !!!!!!

• edited August 2010
    Hi ......We are going through some major changes at the channel including looking at the shows we broadcast. These include us losing the 3D set and having to move to a simplified 2D version. However this will only effect the visual image you see rather then the content of the show in the long run. This Sunday's change in scheduled programmes was merely an experiment therefore we appreciate all the feedback. .....Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    this is the main problem in my opinion... i guess that this one change is driving a sequence of decisions that have resulted in an unwanted format by your viewers, customers and participants.  to me the 3D view is your goose that lays the golden egg.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : this is the main problem in my opinion... i guess that this one change is driving a sequence of decisions that have resulted in an unwanted format by your viewers, customers and participants.  to me the 3D view is your goose that lays the golden egg.
    Posted by aussie09
    I agree with this. The 3d format gives the interaction between the Presenter and the Anylist a unique viewing experience. The flat table image with voice over is poor by comparison.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't understand why you would go backwards in technology?  
  • edited August 2010
    I don't understand why you would go backwards in technology?  
    Posted by BrownnDog
    cos its cheaper
  • edited August 2010
    cheaper does not always mean better. and this is not better!
  • edited August 2010
    If cheaper, could there be a branching out of the TV cash tables shown?  When I got in last night and read through this thread and turned on 865 to have a look it was about 11 pm.  

The segment shown then was the 'top of the pots' hosted by Sarah and James that had been shown many times before.  Could there not be a mix of programmes shown rather than the same ones repeated again and again?

I like others, was attracted to sky due to the daily Open tourney shown live on TV and the chance to see my play shown.  Slightly off topic but now to play in a tourney live on the TV you have to enter on a Thursday or Sunday which are bad days (bankroll wise for a lot of players) due to the buy in being a £22 bounty hunter or the £33 Primo - and if the Primo goes, it's the Bounty Hunter or nothing for tournament TV shows!!  

• edited August 2010
    If cheaper, could there be a branching out of the TV cash tables shown?  When I got in last night and read through this thread and turned on 865 to have a look it was about 11 pm.   The segment shown then was the 'top of the pots' hosted by Sarah and James that had been shown many times before.  Could there not be a mix of programmes shown rather than the same ones repeated again and again? I like others, was attracted to sky due to the daily Open tourney shown live on TV and the chance to see my play shown.  Slightly off topic but now to play in a tourney live on the TV you have to enter on a Thursday or Sunday which are bad days (bankroll wise for a lot of players) due to the buy in being a £22 bounty hunter or the £33 Primo - and if the Primo goes, it's the Bounty Hunter or nothing for tournament TV shows!!  
    Posted by phil12uk
    Unfortunately TOTP was played out at 11pm last night as the console in the studios crashed meaning we had to come off air. Even if we were showing PRIMO we would have had to put out a repeat :(
  • edited August 2010
    cheaper does not always mean better. and this is not better!
    Posted by lozgo
    I highly agree but there is little we can do!
  • edited August 2010
    the 3-d / 2-d thing really doesnt matter. What r u watching it for? the pretty pictures, or the poker?

Wud be a shame to not see the presenters while the hands r being analysed tho - good comedy value sometimes, seeing their reactions.

TK jumping out of his skin when a 6 outer hits, or ed giddins looking like he has a hurrendous headache everytime a player is in a tricky spot or he is asked a difficult question. (lol)

Any chance of some sort of split screen? or wud that look stupid? I cnt picture it....
  • edited August 2010
    loads of other poker tv channels just show 2d views with commentating over the top....ur analyst cud sit at home and do the commentary, bargain for sky, no need for a studio

• edited August 2010

as said on the other two threads....

we needn't persuade skypoker to listen as it is wise for them to seek out the views of their customers.  if they listen, good for them.  if they act on what they hear, good too.  if it means that they persevere making these decision, such as removing 3D, good for them too.  but probably not good for business.

the decisions are theirs on business matters, the decisions are ours on whether skypoker are offering something more attractive than other options and how and where we choose to spend our time and money.

• edited August 2010
    If I am reading this weeks tv schedule right there is no live Thursday show indeed Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday have the same show on at 8 o'clock.
  • edited August 2010
    With the general decline of online poker.(my wife plays on another site who's numbers are down by a 1/3).I feel this is the beginning of the end for SKY POKER.The 2d is a massive step backwards and the number of new programs mininal.It will just become a lost leader for other SKY gambling sites !
  • edited August 2010
    If I am reading this weeks tv schedule right there is no live Thursday show indeed Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday have the same show on at 8 o'clock.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    Hi Dino

I have no idea what the schedule says, but....

There WILL be LIVE Shows this THURSDAY, SATURDAY, & SUNDAY.

And, if plans come to fruition - I've been tasked with the non-TV side of setting up something a bit special for Saturday's Show, which will be Cash-based.

There will also be, for the avoidance of doubt, LIVE SHOWS every Thursday, Saturday & Sunday for the foreseeable future, too.
  • edited August 2010
    As posted in the other thread: 

"If Sky need to cut costs, then there is simply nothing we can say or do to persuade them not to, because they HAVE do to it.

Such is life. At least we still have our own channel dedicated to broadcasting our hands live on air, 3D or not , my glass is half full!"
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by -Dino66-
    Bounty Hunter will be live this Thursday from 20:00- 24:00 as per usual. at 20:00 all other nights (except saturday and sunday) there will be a mixture of The Club, SPT Swansea coverage, final tables of some nightly tables etc.
  • edited August 2010
    Another big game?
  • edited August 2010
    With the general decline of online poker.(my wife plays on another site who's numbers are down by a 1/3).I feel this is the beginning of the end for SKY POKER.The 2d is a massive step backwards and the number of new programs mininal.It will just become a lost leader for other SKY gambling sites !
    Posted by TREMAYNE
    Part right, part wrong......

Traffic at Online Poker Sites in the first 6 months of 2010 is almost universally DOWN, by between 11% & 49%, (varies from site to site). That includes 'Stars & Tilt, who are down 11% & 18% respectively. This is year-on-year, & is only partly caused by the World Cup. Even without the World Cup, the figures would be significantly worse than last year. 

There are almost no exceptions.

One such exception is Sky Poker.com, which is showing double digit increases on the same period last year. (The year-end numbers were revealed last week, google is your friend). That's because Sky Poker are trying very hard to serve it's Customer-Base well, build a really strong Community, & innovate.

Innovation, though, is dangerous, because now & then, it goes all wrong, or does not get communicated properly. But it has to be tried, & we will always learn from it, & what our Client-Base tells us.
  • edited August 2010
    Another big game?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Back of the net!

I'm tasked with rounding up the players, so if I get that sorted (in between fighting forum fires here & elsewhere) it'll happen.

If anyone is interested, PM me. The "sit-down" is £1,000. Several invitations have already been extended.

• edited August 2010
    I didn't get an invitation...I feel unloved :( lol
  • edited August 2010
    I didn't get an invitation...I feel unloved :( lol
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Maybe that's because I've been too busy fighting Forum fires today!

You could always send me a PM if you fancied a bash. Or even just playing in the "Big Game".
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : Maybe that's because I've been too busy fighting Forum fires today! You could always send me a PM if you fancied a bash. Or even just playing in the "Big Game".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Again?!

• edited August 2010
    lol im kidding... Yeah I'll play if im not doing anything else...hopefully I will run better this time...maybe I should just open fold JJ if I get dealt it? lol hope your day isn't too stressful!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : Again?!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Lol, you nailed it. Been "quite a week", one way & another.

I can cope, I've been there before. When we began APAT, the Thread, which was pretty much a "haters thread", ran to 170 pages on one Forum alone. But APAT are still here, thriving indeed, & so am I, though perhaps "thriving" would be the wrong word at my time of life......

I also recall when PNL shut down, & many of the Presenters came across here - I got absolutely battered on 2 Forums in particular.

Ho hum.

Cometh the hour, cometh the wimp.

PS - Never forget what Johnny Cash sung. "Lies have to be covered up, the truth can run around naked".
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : Hi Dino I have no idea what the schedule says, but.... There WILL be LIVE Shows this THURSDAY, SATURDAY, & SUNDAY. And, if plans come to fruition - I've been tasked with the non-TV side of setting up something a bit special for Saturday's Show, which will be Cash-based. There will also be, for the avoidance of doubt, LIVE SHOWS every Thursday, Saturday & Sunday for the foreseeable future, too.

Posted by Tikay10

Cheers Tikay.

Perhaps you could give whoever is responsible for this page a poke.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/tv-schedule?tracking=pokernav

• edited August 2010
    The schedule for this week looks pretty mince tbh, think i will be joining the mrs watching eastenders n corrie....things must be bad.  Seems to be atm when i read the forums its one thing after another and is not good news.  Less live shows, more rebuys, 2d tv....what is next?.   Really hope i am not watching a sinking ship here.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: ***TONIGHT'S NEW SHOW*** Dealer's Choice Live at 8pm : Bounty Hunter will be live this Thursday from 20:00- 24:00 as per usual. at 20:00 all other nights (except saturday and sunday) there will be a mixture of The Club, SPT Swansea coverage, final tables of some nightly tables etc.
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    When is this 24 o'clock you speak of?
  • edited August 2010
    Much prefer watching the Primo, actually satellited in tonight and played quite well had some good hands that I hoped to get on the telly , oh well !  insteaqd we have to sit and watch the same old same old, ie LOLUFOLD LJAMESL etc in cash