You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall:
    Great show. sim, offshoot, sparce lolufold and offshoot many thanks for taking part. And a big up to ling ,lml and tikay and co, Very enjoyable well done all.
    Posted by hawk7112
    I thought it was brilliant! One of the best shows I've seen on Sky Poker and a huge pat on back for all concerned especially the players, it was a great mix of entertainment and education imho. I know the amount of cash involved was the big draw to the show but I'd also love to see a show at the slightly lower intermediate levels (£1/£3  £2.50/£5 maybe)  thrown in now and then too to make it more available and to see if there is difference  to the strategy and the dynamics, and to add a little variety to the format.

Overall one of the best Saturday nights in so far!

Shaz -xXx-
  • edited August 2010
    Was a very good show and I can't remember ever playing on a Sky table that was tougher than that.

So... credit to the other 3 for playing as long as we did and should probably apologise for running so hot :P.

GG all, am happy to play again if the guys at Sky agree to a a third one!

Perhaps a game at 2/4 or something also so that some amateur players can test themselves without risking a grand as well as the 5/10 game.
  • edited August 2010

Best night i've had in for me, well in front of a TV anways ;o)

Loved railing and watching the show which up until 11 i did then carried on railing while playing myself and watching films top night

WD all involved, would also be interested whether people played their normail game or changed as on tv a bit?? Final winners and losers anyone?

Cant wait for next one

Also forgot to mention great show tikay and LML the interaction was fun, sorry if bit pervy sometimes Lisa :o)

• edited August 2010
    I played very similar to my normal style but did change gameplan after some of my hands were shown on TV. 
  • edited August 2010
    I think next Saturday they should fire up the Bellagio table :-D

• edited August 2010
    I played very similar to my normal style but did change gameplan after some of my hands were shown on TV. 
    Posted by simuk

I was going to ask about that during the show but never got round to it.

Since this was a unique opportunity to see other players cards sometimes within minutes of a hand being played how much do you think that changed the way you guys played from hand to hand?  I've seen comments that high level players watch back tv tournaments to understand plays but how does that work when the hands are from minutes ago?

I know that top level players can identify other players just from their betting patterns / style of play after playing thousands of hands against each other and adjust accordingly. 

I can only imagine that you would have to be mixing up your play considerably more than usual, is that right?

• edited August 2010

Thanks for all the comments.

I'll respond to the questions & suggestions on Tuesday.

For now, huge thanks to those who played, & not only played, but did so in great spirit. Terrific stuff.

Think I'll give up trying to second-guss what these guys will do on each street - I got about 90% of my reads wrong!

The A-T v A-Q hand, too - what a stonker!

Your comments about doing it more often, &/or at less expensive levels, are noted. ;) 

• edited August 2010
    Thanks for all the comments. I'll respond to the questions & suggestions on Tuesday. For now, huge thanks to those who played, & not only played, but did so in great spirit. Terrific stuff. Think I'll give up trying to second-guss what these guys will do on each street - I got about 90% of my reads wrong! The A-T v A-Q hand, too - what a stonker! Your comments about doing it more often, &/or at less expensive levels, are noted. ;) 
    Posted by tikay1
    yes please boss!!
  • edited August 2010
    Has to be at 2.5/5 + though I imagine... otherwise you can't really call it a big game...

Or... allow a 50bb buyin at 5/10... just a thought.

Or, better still... 5/10 with antes!!
  • edited August 2010
    Didn't see much of the show but watched table 1 for a fair bit and found the squabbling just as entertaining as the poker lol
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    WeAreOnTV has no defence for what he did...
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : WeAreOnTV has no defence for what he did...
    Posted by simuk

cliffs?
  • edited August 2010
    Has to be at 2.5/5 + though I imagine... otherwise you can't really call it a big game... Or... allow a 50bb buyin at 5/10... just a thought. Or, better still... 5/10 with antes!!
    Posted by simuk
    Thanks Simmy.

Your suggestions noted, they make sense, though I'm not sure about the Antes!

A game at 2.50/5, or 1.50/3 would NOT have to be called "Big Game", of course.......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : cliffs?
    Posted by beaneh
    Discuss it via PM rather than on here please.
  • edited August 2010

Davina to introduce the next big game to pull the punters in maybe????
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Not biting Alan.

So, tell me about your Aces v Sevens tonight........
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : Not biting Alan. So, tell me about your Aces v Sevens tonight........
    Posted by tikay1
    It was K 10 actually!. Plus I also lost in the SPT last night with AA v 10 10. *sigh* 

However, I have just finished 2nd in the 8.15pm Deepstack, AGAIN (a proper game of poker!) for a tidy sum. Go check the league out when you get a min...........then try and give me a decent rub down! :)))
  • edited August 2010

I don't have the TV Schedule to hand, but I'm pretty sure that this Show will be on Channel 865 again today.

If you missed it, well worth a look.
  • edited August 2010
    really enjoyed the show. I was well aware i was a dog in that game but thought i would test myself. Can only get better playing against better players. I think i only lost a small amount aswell so went better than ithought it might
    Posted by offshoot
    As you know, I've long been an admirer of your game, you seem so technically efficient & economical, rarely wasting  chip or leaving a chip behind.

Playing against good players (I would not go so far as to say "better") can only be good for your game, just as watching good players helps us all. Unless you are the TV Analyst & get every read wrong.......

I'm still intrigued by that A-Q v A-T hand against SIMUK, which, & I assume I read it wrong yet again, seemed so out of character with your normal style.

If it's not already been Posted anywhere (I've looked, & can't see it), any chance you could take us through your thinking, street by street, maybe even post the HH?

You called all the way whilst miles behind then stole it on the River, with what looked to those of us who could see the cards face up like an outrgeous steal.

I'm intrigued, because that's not what I am used to seeing you do.

Was it an audacious steal, or did you just think SIMUK was at it in the hand from start to finish? The bet size on your final bet (relative to the pot) was interesting too!

LOVED the hand, & I've been musing about it ever since.

Well played you, & all the players.
  • edited August 2010
    Just wanted to say that tonight's show was one of the best Saturday night shows I've seen.  Joined "The Big Game 1" table from 19:30 and the entertainment started there.  Had a nice chat with Sparce, got him to vote in the British Poker Awards and then settled in for a evening's poker. Playing a PLO8 and NLHE cash table whilst railing The Big Game 1 table and watching the show kept me busy! It really added something to the night, watching, railing and not only having the interaction with the gallery but also chatting with Tikay and Lisa-Marie.  The direct communication from the players to the show made it so much more interesting for hand feedback and analysis. Hope to see a lot more shows like this, possibly dropping down levels but staying with the same tables for an evening.  There are plenty of levels lower that would still be classed as a Big Game that would draw many more players. Well done on a great show. Aaron Notes from tonight: Tikay's glasses look great on him, either pair! Lisa-Marie looks great sat down                     (who needs legs, we know they're there). Lisa-Marie's keyboard is loud. Ling can't play on the Big Game and Produce. Mandy picks great hands. Players at £5/£10 are insane!
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks Aaron.

I doubt that's ever been done before, anywhere, & you are right, it's an amazing thing. Kudos to the Gallery Team for monitoring the chat & then snap-feeding it through our earpieces into the Studio. 

Interactive? You bet! 
  • edited August 2010
    Great game so far guys.  Got a ton of respect for everyone who sits in that game.  Hopefully one day I'll get rolled enough to sit with you guys and not play scared. Well played all.
    Posted by TommyD
    Hi Tommy,

If there were a £300 or £500 version......

a) Would you play it?

b) Do you think many others would?

The question is, of course, rhetorical, but I'm curious to gauge interest.
  • edited August 2010
    Was a very good show and I can't remember ever playing on a Sky table that was tougher than that. So... credit to the other 3 for playing as long as we did and should probably apologise for running so hot :P. GG all, am happy to play again if the guys at Sky agree to a a third one! Perhaps a game at 2/4 or something also so that some amateur players can test themselves without risking a grand as well as the 5/10 game.
    Posted by simuk
    Thanks Simmy, especially as you had to rush home after cricket to play it. Much appreciated.

Your comments have been noted. Oh yes.....

Quads FTW, eh?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : Hi Tommy, If there were a £300 or £500 version...... a) Would you play it? b) Do you think many others would? The question is, of course, rhetorical, but I'm curious to gauge interest.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would be very tempted to!
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by MAXALLY

NO PLEASE DONT! i really cant stand her, she is very annoying and glad she wasn't involved in this one

who needs davina when we have the lovely Lisa Marie ..........

.....and tikay
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : I would be very tempted to!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Thought you might!

Apropos your Post, & just really to goad MereGeek into Posting, & attempting to do better, your sentence teased me into this extension.....

"I would be very tempted to".

Extended to (not too or two, obv).....

"I would be very tempted to, too, to two table play". 

Anyone get FIVE to/too/two's on the bounce?

* Awaits MereGeek*
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & "Davina McCall : NO PLEASE DONT! i really cant stand her, she is very annoying" and glad she wasn't involved in this one who needs davina when we have the lovely Lisa Marie .......... .....and tikay
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    QFT
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : QFT
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol far to technical for me that tikay
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : lol far to technical for me that tikay
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    QFT = "Quoted For Truth".

• edited August 2010
    oh thanks, i looked on google and said quantum theory lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The MasterCash BIG GAME tonight. With LML & Davina McCall : Thought you might! Apropos your Post, & just really to goad MereGeek into Posting, & attempting to do better, your sentence teased me into this extension..... "I would be very tempted to". Extended to (not too or two, obv)..... "I would be very tempted to, too, to two table play".  Anyone get FIVE to/too/two's on the bounce? * Awaits MereGeek*
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just be thankful that I don't educate the youth of today then! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I could be tempted to two table too. To two table, with you two, two tabling too would be be too tempting to do. Toodaloo!