You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Most stupid player award

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

Last night I had 40 mins to kill so registered for a 60p DYM and came across a player who was either drugged up to the eye balls or had the brian power of a garden snail.

Six players sat down and it soon became obvious that 2 of the players had forgotten they had registered or been disconnected. The villian in question we shall now call V was a total station calling every raise and every bet on every street, he bust a player with KK on the 2nd level with 7 3 off the after KK reraised my raise... of course he just flat called, I folded A rag. After a couple of levels I hit the flop hard and dismissed the other player from the game which left V, two away players and myself.

At this point I said in the chat box to V lets blind out the away guys and we can go heads up, no reply was had after a few attemps to get a response. I thought no point getting involved with this guy with so so hands so just played premium hands until the away guys had been blinded out.

What made me realise this guy was the biggest plonker on the site was when one of the away guys was in the bb he flat called them, then to my utter amazement he would check every street if he did not hit allowing the away guy to win hands. I was writing in the chat box to him in big letters " THE GUY IS AWAY BET OR RAISE HIM FOR #### SAKE" alas no response and kept topping up my sake with tight play to keep my stake up until the aways were blinded out. He kept flat calling the aways until they run out of chips, it was amazing and I could not believe anyone could be so stupid as this guy.

Once I had doubled my money I stepped up a gear and won the game within a few hands.

So if you can let me know of more players who can qualify for the most stupid player of the award would like to hear about it.... remember do not name players!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    YES ME!! But I'm not stupid enough to name myself!!
    So you will never find out LOL!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award:
    YES ME!! But I'm not stupid enough to name myself!! So you will never find out LOL!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    LOL! I had myself down as the site waynecure but glad to know there is worse than me.
  • edited August 2010
    after the week ive had id like to nominate myself please...........................
  • edited August 2010

i like those kinda players you are on about they are the players you wanna play against.me personally wouldnt put a thread up for most stupid player award its nearly as badda play as the players your on about.as they say DONT KNOCK THE TANK

some people may think i should be up for this award and your probably right so just add name thank you

• edited August 2010
    As i played the LML hand just as she would do i qualify?
  • edited August 2010
    Do i qualify for raising pre flop on BB with QJ off suit on a NL4 table?
  • edited August 2010
    Do i qualify for raising pre flop on BB with QJ off suit on a NL4 table?
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don myself cant ever see owt wrong with raising..... dont they call it limpers tax, squeeze play and a text book BB move when you have limpers
  • edited August 2010
    i like those kinda players you are on about they are the players you wanna play against.me personally wouldnt put a thread up for most stupid player award its nearly as badda play as the players your on about.as they say DONT KNOCK THE TANK some people may think i should be up for this award and your probably right so just add name thank you
    Posted by stokefc
    It was put up as a little fun more tounge in cheek, you need a sense of humour for this thread....... being a Stoke fan would have thought this a must lol!
  • edited August 2010
    Haha thats funny although happens alot in free rolls, i played one other week which done well in just me and another person and he kept calling me, i said look if i were you i wouldnt play against me as easy money elsewhere. everytime he attempted to play me kept losing more and eventually bust him while also just taking away players chips, although urs is a bit stupider i think they must be close. Surely its nearly gospel to share the blinds if everyone away bar you and another player
  • edited August 2010
    SORRY THAT QS WAS FORWAYNECURE XX NOT STOKEFC XX I WOULD GET THE PRIZE FOR MOST STUPID POST,SEE I THOUGHT STOKEFC STARTED THE THREAD
    Posted by paige55
    He had not posted a profile..... without a doubt he was a novice and I did try to help him out via chat box.
    It was more amuzing than frustrating as mentioned to stokefc the thread is more fun than ripping strips off the guy.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : He had not posted a profile..... without a doubt he was a novice and I did try to help him out via chat box. It was more amuzing than frustrating as mentioned to stokefc the thread is more fun than ripping strips off the guy.
    Posted by waynecure
    maybe he didnt have chat on? or had small box and wasnt looking, possible if he is a new player

nice point definitely better then rippin him to shreads
  • edited August 2010
    One of my mates was playing a live game and had 56s. I can't remember the flop/turn action but on the river he had 6 high and actually called a relatively big bet on the river with it! I was like what are you doing?!! When I asked him why he called with it he just said "I dunno, just thought I'd go for it haha"

Also to put myself (and another player) into the contention. I was playing the freeroll the other night for the top cash/stt/mtt players. I had a pretty decent stack (25k) and wasn't in danger of being blinded out or anything. The top 10 players got into the 8k sky sports tourny and there was 17 left. The BB was away and the SB had a similar stack size as me. I picked up J9 and because in the previous hand the player in the SB had shoved on me when I raised his BB with KQ (and folded) I decided to stupidly shove, rather than making a standard raise and having to fold to a shove.

My reasoning was that the SB (who I thought was a good player) shouldn't be calling with anything but AA and KK. Maaybe QQ. I know it was still a stupid shove but he ended up calling me with AJ of all hands. So he risks his tournament on CALLING a shove when he was in great contention anyway to make the top 10. If I had any pair/AK or anything I would usually shove with he'd be in terrible shape. I ended up going out and regretting trying to "play" the tourney structure.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I seem to have run across more than my fair share of nuggets this week-end. One who bust me out of a tournement by twice re-raising my raises and going all in holding absolute air when I was holding AA (villain 9+5 off suit) and making two pairs by the river and then later on my KK ( K-Q-8 flop) with 9+6o/s....Turn J.....River 10 to make his straight!.....the chatbox was blue!!!

Prior to that I've been running better than Eusane Bolt!....the end of my winning spell maybe?
  • edited August 2010
    OP you do understand you just admitted to collusion no?
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    was just thinking the same lol,stupid eh?
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    NO!!!! Just advising a novice player and it takes two to collude as stated he did not respond
  • edited August 2010
    strange coincidence-- I have a garden snail called brian
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : NO!!!! Just advising a novice player and it takes two to collude as stated he did not respond
    Posted by waynecure
    oh right,you were just trying to collude?with a novice player.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : was just thinking the same lol,stupid eh?
    Posted by FINS
    As stated in previous reply u have to communicate to collude, we did not communicate. And if Sky feel it was they can ask me to take my money to another site.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : oh right,you were just trying to collude?with a novice player.
    Posted by FINS
    LOL! OK have me shot a dawn or is a mob lynching prefered by you lot.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : As stated in previous reply u have to communicate to collude, we did not communicate. And if Sky feel it was they can ask me to take my money to another site.
    Posted by waynecure
    dunna wory m8 they,re just avvin a laugh,thought it were me thats got no sense of humour
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    OK m8 you got me, there are few more spelling mistakes as well..... should have checked before posting but being a waynecure did not :-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : dunna wory m8 they,re just avvin a laugh,thought it were me thats got no sense of humour
    Posted by stokefc
    Mr stoke I know and taking it on the chin..... My team is Halifax town so my sense of humour is 10 x what u need for your ur team m8 lol!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : Mr stoke I know and taking it on the chin..... My team is Halifax town so my sense of humour is 10 x what u need for your ur team m8 lol!!
    Posted by waynecure
    AHHH!! Halifax Town....Now that explains alot

p.s Waynecure, what would it be called if you had your 'nails' done?
  • edited August 2010
    lol i wernt being overly serious waynecure, it's still attempted collusion though, think of it this way:

DOH you have just lost your internet connection and you can't get back on, fingers crossed 2 players go crazy and you can still somehow cash... but wait! One dude is telling the donk you hope will let you cash to not be such a donk so that they can easily cash rather than you who has unfortunately lost connection... it would make you cry fo sho.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3

Go play on stars blackfish. ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Most stupid player award : As stated in previous reply u have to communicate to collude, we did not communicate. And if Sky feel it was they can ask me to take my money to another site.
    Posted by waynecure
    And if they DO it is what you DESERVE
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by waynecure
    HAHA, read the small print lol. If they want they can freeze your account, take all your money and ban you from the site in cases of fraudulent activities (multi accounting / collusion etc ) so you wouldn't be able to take any of it to another site lol. PS yeh he/she was a donk lol.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    My local council is called Brian as well.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't actually think there's such a thing as a 'stupid' poker player. 

I'm being serious.

There are new players, who don't necessarily understand the finer nuances of the game.

There are recreational players, who are happy to exchange their buy-ins for a couple of hours of unbridled fun – irrespective of the outcome.

There are pure gamblers.

There are optimists, and there are Desperados.

Without them we'd be lost, for they are the fabric that makes up the patchwork-quilt of poker (bear with me, I have no idea where I'm going with this). Some of us complain that we raise with pocket aces, and then get called, and then get outdrawn. Imagine if nobody called us when we raised? Why, that would be a desolate landscape... somewhat akin to Viggo Mortensen in The Road. None of us wants that.

What I'm trying to say is: Respect everyone at the table: They may put food in your mouth, or teach you something, or they may benefit from your knowledge... and be eternally grateful.

The stupid player you meet today, may well end up being the Samaritan that pulls you from the brine tomorrow...

Unless they outdraw you, obviously. In which case, you should have them killed.