You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Charity Bet - HELP! And FREE Tourney Entry.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    How about a nice little DOUBLE?

MAN UTD to win prem league at 9/4

REAL MADRID to win la liga at 6/5

Real value here i think,man utd as when do they ever not give a good run for your money and real madrid as they now have the SPECIAL ONE in jose mourinho.

Combined odds here are about 6/1

dav
  • edited August 2010
    David N'Gog to be premiership top goal scorer. 100-1.

Scored 3 in 2 games already. Think it's a easy one to follow for the whole season too and he could use some more fans.

plus the opening game is against arsenal and he had his best game against them last season.
  • edited August 2010
    Premier league handicap :

Stoke +39  16/1  ( Looks a very good bet to me 1/5 1st 4 places )

£25 e.w Returns = £425 Win 
                              £105 Place 

Good value & alot of interest, working out your own league table with all the different handicaps of each team added to the points they score each week !!

You could have the Prem. league table updated on the forum every week..
  • edited August 2010
    heres my idea of a bet that will last the season and give a good return for the charity.

to win the championship,
    forest 9-1,
    qpr=8-1

towin league one,
    huddersfield 9-2,
    sheff wed 4-1.

to win the premier league,
    Chelsea 7-4.

Take your£25 and write 4x£6.50 trebles total.£25.

this way you will have 2 teams from div 1 and 2 from the championship on your side.
    you can of course replace my choices with your own particular fancies.

if qpr,sheff wed and chelsea won their respective leagues your return for a 6.25 treble would be £840.

luvvly jubbly.

• edited August 2010
    Under the specials I think the best value has to be

Ground With Most Goals - Old Trafford (Man Utd) @ 7/1

Utd are prob on d box more than any other team, so its great to watch, plus I think this is gonna be Utd's year, as much as that pains me 2 say it. 

MASSIVE VALUE!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Charity Bet - HELP! And FREE Tourney Entry.:
    Under the specials I think the best value has to be Ground With Most Goals - Old Trafford (Man Utd) @ 7/1 Utd are prob on d box more than any other team, so its great to watch, plus I think this is gonna be Utd's year, as much as that pains me 2 say it.  MASSIVE VALUE!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Emirates? Arsenal score plenty and will concede alot too, hmmmm i may look at these odds

and the person who said sheff wed to win league 1 you got no chance, southampton charlton top 2
  • edited August 2010

After looking at the 'specials' bets and doing a bit of studying.

I think Tottenham at 16/1 are excellent value in the 'Who will be top after 10 games' market.

Looking at Spurs first 10 fixtures, they don't play any of the big 4 ( traditional big 4, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool), until the 10th game, so they have a comparatively easier run of fixtures.

Opening fixture is the early televised kick off, home to Man City, so theoretically the excitement factor starts early with the possibility of Spurs leading the premier league by 2.45 Saturday, I bet Hoggers has already got his 'we are top of the league post ready'.

Ongoing interest will be varied, not only supporting Spurs but also supporting any team that plays one of Spurs rivals.

The final 10th fixture is October 30th, and Spurs are away at Man U, which could be the 'mini title' decider.

Sky are offering 16/1 win or ew for first 2 at 1/3 odds for a place, first 2 is a bit mean, perhaps Sky would offer 1/3 odds for first 3 for a charity bet?

I realise its not a season long bet, but if your split your stake with a season long bet, this bet could be a good way of getting in some early bragging rights!

• edited August 2010
    MIddlesborogh to win the Championship with Kris Boyd as top goalscorer.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Charity Bet - HELP! And FREE Tourney Entry. : Emirates? Arsenal score plenty and will concede alot too, hmmmm i may look at these odds and the person who said sheff wed to win league 1 you got no chance, southampton charlton top 2
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I think you're right about conceding a few but can't see Arsenal doing anything this year, still lacking fire power up front, especially in Van Persie if he misses a few months as normal with injuries, and their only world class midfielder don't wanna be there anymore. Can you get a price on Arsenal to finish 6th?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Charity Bet - HELP! And FREE Tourney Entry. : Emirates? Arsenal score plenty and will concede alot too, hmmmm i may look at these odds and the person who said sheff wed to win league 1 you got no chance, southampton charlton top 2
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Charlton have got no chance this season after their summer fire sale - Pawel Abbott is a lower end league one striker. If Huddersfield don't finish above Charlton I shall eat my hat! :-)
  • edited August 2010
    How about 2 teams to break the 100 goals scored mark in the prem
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Charity Bet - HELP! And FREE Tourney Entry. : Charlton have got no chance this season after their summer fire sale - Pawel Abbott is a lower end league one striker. If Huddersfield don't finish above Charlton I shall eat my hat! :-)
    Posted by darich
    It's ok, you'll both be below the owls ;).
  • edited August 2010
    Not a footy fan but Blackpool to stay up will make you a few quid.
  • edited August 2010
    hope you took my advice chelsea just scored 6 in the first game lol
  • edited August 2010
    £100 on FAME AND GLORY TO WIN THE ARC!!!

LUMP ON
  • edited August 2010
    Hi tikay,

As you like Arsenal, how about this bet...?

Back Spurs to progress further than Arsenal in the Champions League at 5/2. (or, if you prefer, Arsenal to outlast Spurs at 2/7)... hmmm

Now, i know i am a myopic Spurs fan, but really, truly, honestly, i believe that we will go far in the Champions League with our style of play and that 5/2 vs our historic rivals is an excellent price in a 2 horse race.

Good Luck, and i have not been on the funny pills again...

Hoggers

• edited August 2010
    Hi Tony,

Why not go for something a bit different and put the lot on Blackpool to STAY UP(you should get good odds).
    Surely its a more creative bet for you.

col
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Tony, Why not go for something a bit different and put the lot on Blackpool to STAY UP(you should get good odds). Surely its a more creative bet for you. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I notice you posted this AFTER their 4-0 away win ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    Hi tikay, As you like Arsenal, how about this bet...? Back Spurs to progress further than Arsenal in the Champions League at 5/2. (or, if you prefer, Arsenal to outlast Spurs at 2/7)... hmmm Now, i know i am a myopic Spurs fan, but really, truly, honestly, i believe that we will go far in the Champions League with our style of play and that 5/2 vs our historic rivals is an excellent price in a 2 horse race. Good Luck, and i have not been on the funny pills again... Hoggers
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Time for the men in white coats here Greg - as a neutral the prices seem pretty fair to me. Arsenal have oodles of experience of the champions league

Any idea how the seeding works? Will Spurs get an "easier" group and be a seed if they get past Young Boys (as they are English) - or will they potentially be marooned in a group with 2 giants with seeding based on past record in the competition?
  • edited August 2010
    Bump - I hope you didn't go with Greg's selection Tikay ;-)
  • edited August 2010

bellamy top scorer 10/1 well worth a shilling