You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
can someone explain wht i done that was so wrong cause i cant see it

Comments

• edited August 2010
    rActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    pattyk Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.80
    APPLE Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.86
      Your hole cards
    • K

x Raise   £0.40 £0.52 £7.24
    A881E Fold        
    pedaller Fold        
    peacock10 Fold        
    pattyk Call   £0.36 £0.88 £7.44
    APPLE Fold        
    Flop

pattyk Check        
    x Bet   £1.12 £2.00 £6.12
    pattyk Raise   £2.24 £4.24 £5.20
    x Call   £1.12 £5.36 £5.00
    Turn

pattyk Bet   £4.02 £9.38 £1.18
    x
    All-in   £5.00 £14.38 £0.00
    pattyk Call   £0.98 £15.36 £0.20
    pattyk Show
    • K

x Show

River

• J

pattyk Win Two Pairs, 10s and 8s £14.21   £14.41
  • edited August 2010
    fold pre.

fwiw they played it wrose, just haters gonna hate brah,
  • edited August 2010
    Seems like you had him/her pegged!

Think 99 shud maybe fold the flop, and definitely fold the turn.

wp

• edited August 2010
    Bad loser most likely wp
  • edited August 2010
    right it was me lol i didnt really moan too much i just said ffs

then when she said what i said 5 x pre call with k10, then i say oh well nevermind etc enough said lol wasnt really moaned at
  • edited August 2010
    a compliment from DOHHHHH i must be doing something right lol

wayne its a well known poster on here as well ,wasnt happy i called the raise with k10 suited 

maybe i was just to give him my chips lol
  • edited August 2010
    and i agree once i was re-raised i should have let go bad play by moi
  • edited August 2010
    At least you were honest young gun the 9s were overplayed

i would have thought my reraise on the flop would have told you i wasnt going anywhere
  • edited August 2010

u shud no patty doesnt fold!! AND never misses either!! ;)

Make sure u have AT next time and win urself a stack ;)

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum:
    u shud no patty doesnt fold!! AND never misses either!! ;) Make sure u have AT next time and win urself a stack ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i knew the compliment was too good to be true lol

cheers DOHHHHH
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum:
    and i agree once i was re-raised i should have let go bad play by moi
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Ah ha caught with your trouser down and spanked my Patty...... you lucky man, my turn next please lol
  • edited August 2010
    ffs im moving my role to sky
  • edited August 2010
    yeah its not d best call pre

its also not the bst stack off wiv nines
  • edited August 2010
    Bad play all round.
  • edited August 2010
    Bad play all round.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

why i want to find out where i am on the flop so i check raise ,

raise is called the board pairs

i put him on a multitude of hands ak,aq,aj or a pocket pair if he has overs pocket pair  to the ten he isnt going to just call my raise he is going to jam me on the flop ,then i have to ask am i still in front,

i dont think its bad play but if you do fair enough
  • edited August 2010

You can't criticise the play of king ten.....

Its a good hand to play.

You can't wait around for aces all day, it's clear from patty's play (raising the flop, and shoving the turn) that s/he isn't bluffing, and believes his/her opponent has a hand which will call, that s/he can beat.

This was correct and it earned him/her a double up.

If s/he was check calling 3 streets, hoping to have the best hand, then obviously it's different, but she knew she had the best hand here

Its about playing the player, and exploiting your opponents to win pots and make money. This is what patty did well in this hand, and was right.

Clear up patty, r u a bloke or a bird? i aint writing he/she everytime!!!

(this is an example of a good read. If you want to see a bad read, by patty, see my thread in area 51) (lol) 
  • edited August 2010
    You can't criticise the play of king ten..... Its a good hand to play. You can't wait around for aces all day, it's clear from patty's play (raising the flop, and shoving the turn) that s/he isn't bluffing, and believes his/her opponent has a hand which will call, that s/he can beat. This was correct and it earned him/her a double up. If s/he was check calling 3 streets, hoping to have the best hand, then obviously it's different, but she knew she had the best hand here Its about playing the player, and exploiting your opponents to win pots and make money. This is what patty did well in this hand, and was right. Clear up patty, r u a bloke or a bird? i aint writing he/she everytime!!! (this is an example of a good read. If you want to see a bad read, by patty, see my thread in area 51) (lol) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

a woman i will have you know and stop referring to that pot i beat you on lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum : why i want to find out where i am on the flop so i check raise , raise is called the board pairs i put him on a multitude of hands ak,aq,aj or a pocket pair if he has overs pocket pair  to the ten he isnt going to just call my raise he is going to jam me on the flop ,then i have to ask am i still in front, i dont think its bad play but if you do fair enough
    Posted by pattyk
    No way is this bad play imo,in fact wp
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum : a woman i will have you know and stop referring to that pot i beat you on lol
    Posted by pattyk
    You didn't beat me.

I beat you...

.....and the dealer beat me, which saved you

:(

Is your name Patricia?
  • edited August 2010
    You can't criticise the play of king ten..... Its a good hand to play. You can't wait around for aces all day, it's clear from patty's play (raising the flop, and shoving the turn) that s/he isn't bluffing, and believes his/her opponent has a hand which will call, that s/he can beat. This was correct and it earned him/her a double up. If s/he was check calling 3 streets, hoping to have the best hand, then obviously it's different, but she knew she had the best hand here Its about playing the player, and exploiting your opponents to win pots and make money. This is what patty did well in this hand, and was right. Clear up patty, r u a bloke or a bird? i aint writing he/she everytime!!! (this is an example of a good read. If you want to see a bad read, by patty, see my thread in area 51) (lol) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Surely u wanna get in gd habits, and defending ur sb 2a 5x raise wiv KT aint one
  • edited August 2010
    as i said patty on chat was a good thread :P i dont mind wp as you got it spot on, i should of folded when you re-raised the flop you definately had me beat.

still dont think i moaned said a couple words annoyed more at myself for my silly call by me anyway wp and i did stick around to try win back but was card dead :o(
  • edited August 2010

In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum : You didn't beat me. I beat you... .....and the dealer beat me, which saved you :( Is your name Patricia?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

yes it is and your name is sherlock holmes i assume lol
  • edited August 2010
    as i said patty on chat was a good thread :P i dont mind wp as you got it spot on, i should of folded when you re-raised the flop you definately had me beat. still dont think i moaned said a couple words annoyed more at myself for my silly call by me anyway wp and i did stick around to try win back but was card dead :o(
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

i was card dead as well after it besides i was trying to watch the football at the same time lol
  • edited August 2010
    me too doesn't really help lol
  • edited August 2010
    was it you dudeskin?
  • edited August 2010
    lol @ mr miyagi
  • edited August 2010
    I defend my big blind with king ten suited.....alot!

100xbb deep.....

Pretty easy hand to play really at nl30 with passive opponents. 

Why do you call urself Patty and not Trisha?

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum : why i want to find out where i am on the flop so i check raise , raise is called the board pairs i put him on a multitude of hands ak,aq,aj or a pocket pair if he has overs pocket pair  to the ten he isnt going to just call my raise he is going to jam me on the flop ,then i have to ask am i still in front, i dont think its bad play but if you do fair enough
    Posted by pattyk
    Post flop is fine, but for me calling 5x in sb isn't great play as your OOP for rest of hand, also you could easily be dominated and play it out the exact same way. Losing play in the long run for me.

Also doh ofcourse you don't just wait for Aces but if she was on the button then you can say it's ok but in sb surely you can't say this is optimum play ?
  • edited August 2010
    I defend my big blind with king ten suited.....alot! 100xbb deep..... Pretty easy hand to play really at nl30 with passive opponents.  Why do you call urself Patty and not Trisha?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

well i have never been called tricia

hope that clears that up lol
  • edited August 2010
    get a room u 2 :P