You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010

You have now!

Dude - every hand is different. I don't buy into this "optimal play" thing,,,,,,

The optimal play changes according to the opponent in the hand.

Im very very comfortable playing out of position against the majority of players at nl30 (and therefore every level below) - I will back myself to outplay opponents both in and out of position with a wide range of hands, KT suited is well within this range.

Im not saying it's an obvious call - and I would never criticise anyone for folding king ten, at this level. Folding king ten on the button unraised - again, if you don't feel comfortable or believe you can play it from the button and show a profit, again, I wouldnt criticise.

I wouldn't advise beginners defend with KTs either - but at this level, you shud be starting to get confident playing flops with a wider range of hands, and look beyond the cards, playing players and situations.

I have been critical of one play patty made against me, which cost me a 500 bb pot (lol had to mention it again) - but I know she is capable of playing this hand in this position against this opponent, as she has proved in the hand above.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: i got moaned at here by a certain player who uses this forum:
    You have now! Dude - every hand is different. I don't buy into this "optimal play" thing,,,,,, The optimal play changes according to the opponent in the hand. Im very very comfortable playing out of position against the majority of players at nl30 (and therefore every level below) - I will back myself to outplay opponents both in and out of position with a wide range of hands, KT suited is well within this range. Im not saying it's an obvious call - and I would never criticise anyone for folding king ten, at this level. Folding king ten on the button unraised - again, if you don't feel comfortable or believe you can play it from the button and show a profit, again, I wouldnt criticise. I wouldn't advise beginners defend with KTs either - but at this level, you shud be starting to get confident playing flops with a wider range of hands, and look beyond the cards, playing players and situations. I have been critical of one play patty made against me, which cost me a 500 bb pot (lol had to mention it again) - but I know she is capable of playing this hand in this position against this opponent, as she has proved in the hand above.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This says it all tbh, you are clearly a very good player who by your own admission has very good reading skills and doesn't nessacerily need the cards to beat players, but not everyone is the same. I think as a general rule calling 5x with K10s in sb is not great for the reasons i already siad and also Shanxta about getting into good habits, when you know the game well you can then start making moves and plays but at this level it is not needed.
  • edited August 2010

Hmmmm okay I take your point.

I know patty is good enough to do so too though as I said at the end of my last post. 

I wasn't trying to sound arrogant saying Im confident playing oop - I did say Im only confident doing this against passive nl30 players, any higher, and I'd probably get crushed trying to do this.

But as we are all trying to learn and improve, moving up the levels, there comes a time when you need to start opening up and playing a wider range from each position.

Anyway, to conclude the bb play was fine IMO - the 99, as the youngster admitted, was over-played and should have been mucked on the turn, unless the hero is a massive spew donk like me, in which case it's unfold-able :)

• edited August 2010
    whenever i see a 5x or 6xBB raise, (depending on the player obv) i often read that as 'pls dont call me, im trying to buy it'.