You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I have noticed as of late there seems to be a theme of bad beats and bad players winning and more and more people saying the same thing. Cold runs and just amazingly shocking cards coming down. I would like to stay positive and think this is just a run of bad luck but im starting to think there is more to it!!

For the last week but mainly last couple of days and definately today the cards coming down have been absolutely ridiculous.

For example:
I was just knocked out of the open after holding pocket Ks and hitting another K on the flop to make my set. only an A on the board which is no worry uless they are holding pocket As or AK. Player raises i re-raise they call. then turn comes a 6 i think. 2 hearts on the board so i decide to push for all my chips and I get called with A10 hearts just have to dodge the heart. GUESS WHAT.......... HEART I LOSE.

Now i dont blame the player as he had outs and hit his top pair and thought he was ahead. Hey thats poker I hear you say!! this is just one story in a slaughter of beats today game after game after game after game. ive had full houses beat, st8s on the flop beat, sets and trips beat, AA beat by J 10s, KK beat by 95, QQ beat by J5 the hands ive stated are all hands ive held that have been beat today not mentioning others of the same calibur, Premium hands being beat by suck outs when im betting ahead and NOT SLOW PLAYING.

Its got so bad i have had to reload my bank roll too many times and now im scared to even play a game. The Luck eliment in this game seems to outweigh the skill eliment id have more chance of being struck by lightning than winning with the best hand it seems.

Im sure there will be comments about how i might be playing the hands wrong or stop moaning we all get bad beats. Well if you are thinking that you cant be getting it as bad as me. I have to air my thoughts on this because i would like to know why its this bad and if it continues im very close to Leaving Sky as a poker site and i dont want to do that because of its great community and contributions.

I ask sky to see why this is happening and im sure you will lose customers if it continues and to check out the sofware that deals these hands. Check out my exit hands sky and see if you think its natural and i bet you see the story im telling.

I wish all good luck and dont want to come across as a moaner but when something feels wrong im gonna talk about it.

Im going to have a go in the velocity and ill let you know what happens there im pretty sure its going to happen there LETS SEE

Comments

• edited August 2009
    DAZLER m8 DON'T PLAY any more tonight you're in the wrong frame of mind.  Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.

Hope you get over your bad run soon (as long as it aint against me!!)

Have the weekend off from playing online make the most of the sun and get down the beach do some surfing bbq etc.

BTW if you play fight night round 4 on the legacy mode you will see that all computer software is against you!!

Chin up mate.

• edited August 2009
    dazler doug is right the best thing you can do is take a few days off, good luck

• edited August 2009
    We all get these Dazler, heed the advice above, take a few days off and come back with a win!!

Dave
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:
    well just played the velocity every hand someone went all in so waited and waited get top pair raise then all in by someone. blinded down. 1 player all in every hand cos he made loads of chips from players with better hands and got lucky. Im down to 1k blinds are 400 im big blind guy puts me all in i have A 10 he has 68 off im well ahead need the double up but knew he would hit an 8 on the river and he did. end of. gonna take a break for good SpongeDoug only got a few quid left. Im not on tilt well its not effecting my play but..... i wish you well m8 wish the weather was ok for a bbq lol
    Posted by Dazler
    stop crying
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    thanks for the support guys and i will take a few days off and come back with the little amount of cash i have left. But not gonna hold my breath its been like this for a month pretty much. Always had a steady amount of wins before but cant figure it out apart from it being skys fault. ill give it one last push at the end in a couple of days and let you know how i get on.

Again thanks for the support thats what i like about this forum your all fab and the reason i have stayed. GL
  • edited August 2009
    ok I didn't read the post properly lol

but w/e OMG I lost with a set who cares no one

the people complaining about rigged sites and bad beats have no idea about the statistics of poker.

• edited August 2009
    oh and if your BR is that low then do you really think you should be playing tournies like the open.

if you even understand the concept of variance then you will know that fast paced tournies increase the variance by a huge amount.

stick to DYMs or low stakes sit and go's if your BR is that low...I would imagine that your main problem is that you are playing too high for your roll.
  • edited August 2009
    With AT vs 8,6 your only slightly ahead (about 60:40). The site isn't rigged and has nothing against you. Rather than complaining about bad luck and the site being rigged you should look at your own play and try and improve your game.
  • edited August 2009
    shush newbie
    Posted by annie_duke

Oh I don't think he's that much of a newbie ;-) lol

• edited August 2009
    i meant holdemstud with his "beginners luck"

haven't u got that face sorted yet noseybonk? lol :)
  • edited August 2009
    i meant holdemstud with his "beginners luck"

I know you did! lol He's certainly getting lots of "beginners luck" ;-)

haven't u got that face sorted yet noseybonk? lol :)

What's wrong with it? Oh you mean my wrinkles? No, not yet.....

• edited August 2009
    lol ur the 2nd funniest person on here!
    after me :o)~
  • edited August 2009
    oh and if your BR is that low then do you really think you should be playing tournies like the open. if you even understand the concept of variance then you will know that fast paced tournies increase the variance by a huge amount. stick to DYMs or low stakes sit and go's if your BR is that low...I would imagine that your main problem is that you are playing too high for your roll.
    Posted by scotty77
    Yes your right i should not play the open if my bankroll is that low but it is that low by getting beat in so many games by crazy plays and cards on the deck! my bankroll is not the issue here its up to me on how much i buy in a game for. But you miss my point completely and to say i dont understand the concept of variance then your are completely mistaken. I play at all levels low stake high stakes, fast games and slow, cash / STT / and MTTs and am a seasoned player of this game. you do not know what knowlege i have of this game and i find it quite arragant of you to suggest that. I always change my game and try to improve my skills but when poker becomes a lotto and you make the correct moves but the cards come out in such a way as they have on a constant basis that there is nothing you can do and the game becomes pointless and the play taken away.

Its also my right to put my point across about this as its been also noted by other players recently and the fact that you trust the system to work ok is very gullible nothing is full proof in cyber space. I love poker and have learnt a lot over the years and can take bad beats on the chin and deal with it, but to happen this often goes against the odds and ruins the game for good players.

Your are entitled to your opinion but i suggest you read the post correctly and understand this is not a bankroll issue even though it has effected it. Its my money and i dont like to throw it away but thats not the issue here.
  • edited August 2009
    i agree with you dazler, it's the principle rather than the money when it seems fixed against you!
    like a say take a few days off to clear ur head
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler please give me one good reason why: 1) sky would be fixed? and 2) fixed against you?
  • edited August 2009
    With AT vs 8,6 your only slightly ahead (about 60:40). The site isn't rigged and has nothing against you. Rather than complaining about bad luck and the site being rigged you should look at your own play and try and improve your game.
    Posted by stokesyph
    dosnt matter what the odds are on this hand im not complaining about this! his play was bad and all in every single hand. but that dosnt matter dont mind it i was short staked had no choice. This was just an update of my last game as i said id give, you wernt on my table and didnt see the game unfold for me to be at this point.

LOL i knew you would get people just looking at it from one view and not the story i am trying to tell here. I hope you have been getting great hands m8ty but id also like to see how you would be thinking if you were in my shoes lately.
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler please give me one good reason why: 1) sky would be fixed? and 2) fixed against you?
    Posted by stokesyph
    I am not trying to say it is fixed thats a strong word. But i am questioning how this is happening so often game after game and am trying to understand myself why its such a regular occurance especialy when you know your going to lose even before the cards come out. And whether this should be looked at by skys software guru's or if other players are expieriencing the same thing. How would you like it if your bank suddenly started doing strange things to your account you would not just exept it but would ask questions!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : stop crying
    Posted by holdemstud
    With great advise like this....perhaps u should start ur own thread giving the rest of us such quality advise ;)
  • edited August 2009
    I have been in your shoes - i know exactly what it feels like to run badly (i don't play on sky anymore cos of how bad i run on here) - but it doesn't mean the site is fixed. Why would they fix it?
  • edited August 2009
    its poker m8 IT HAPPENS ,have u never won a bad beat??
    just av a couple of days off thn come back stronger gl
  • edited August 2009
    Your are entitled to your opinion but i suggest you read the post correctly and understand this is not a bankroll issue even though it has effected it. Its my money and i dont like to throw it away but thats not the issue here.

LOL ok well I would try and give you advice but a) you are too stupid to take it and b) you don't desverve it.

You say you are a good player yet pick out very, very specific example of you losing hands.

I have played poker nearly every day for 6 years; I have played millions of hands and have millions of these hands tracked via Poker Tracker.  I am a member of 2plus2, the worlds biggest poker forum, and there has never been an instance of any poker site to have a Random Number Generator that has been found to be rigged.

Before you keep ranting like a mad man just think of the millions and millions of possible hands per poker hand and then think of how small your tilt induced sample of 'OMFG its so rigged SKY want my £1 rake so so bad' is.

People like you are the reason why people like me find poker so profitable.  So blinded by the short term that you start playing even worse than you currently do.

• edited August 2009
    Dazler Sky's software is monitored so there is no problem with it
  • edited August 2009
    Ok I'm gonna do some quick math on the 68 vs AT hand.

PF pot is 600...this is dead money.

As you only have 600 behind if he puts you AI then he is getting 2/1 on his money.

With 68 vs a random hand with overcards it is 60/40.

So in basic temrs he is paying 33pc for 40pc equity.

As you have let yourself get that shortstacked in a high speed tournie then you clearly don't undersntand that maths so therefore he also has some fold equity as donks like you will fold stuff like 72 here.

His play is correct and one I would make 100% of the time.

You got it in ahead and lost a 60/40...big deal...the fact it came on the river is no consequence to the overall equity assigned to each hand PF.
  • edited August 2009
    Oh and one final thing is that you have only noticed that more and more bad beats happen because this forum is a recnet introduction and is gaining in popularity.

When people get beat they need to vent.

You will not see someone on here start a thread OMG I JUST RIVERED SOMEONE I FEEL SO BAD COS I THINK I ONLY WON COS ITS RIGGED or HAHAHA MY AA BEAT KK AIPF WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited August 2009
    Ok I'm gonna do some quick math on the 68 vs AT hand. PF pot is 600...this is dead money. As you only have 600 behind if he puts you AI then he is getting 2/1 on his money. With 68 vs a random hand with overcards it is 60/40. So in basic temrs he is paying 33pc for 40pc equity. As you have let yourself get that shortstacked in a high speed tournie then you clearly don't undersntand that maths so therefore he also has some fold equity as donks like you will fold stuff like 72 here. His play is correct and one I would make 100% of the time. You got it in ahead and lost a 60/40...big deal...the fact it came on the river is no consequence to the overall equity assigned to each hand PF.
    Posted by scotty77
    LOL You are a really childish ignorant member of this community who dosnt read correctly and the AT hand is irrelavant. I dont even want to reply to that there was no argument????. I seem to remember you making the same sort of comments on the mickjenn thread and to call me a DONK i laugh in your face.
  • edited August 2009
    i meant holdemstud with his "beginners luck" haven't u got that face sorted yet noseybonk? lol :)
    Posted by annie_duke
    annie, yawn, let me now if you want a game?
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler how much is your roll currently?  Would you like to play a HU cash table or maybe a HU sit and go for the entire roll?
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler how much is your roll currently?  Would you like to play a HU cash table or maybe a HU sit and go for the entire roll?
    Posted by scotty77
    me beeing a newbie il play?
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : me beeing a newbie il play?
    Posted by holdemstud
    No this is an offer only open to Dazler as I sense some a massive +ev spot.

What games do you usually play tho sir and what limits?