You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : No this is an offer only open to Dazler as I sense some a massive +ev spot. What games do you usually play tho sir and what limits?
    Posted by scotty77
    well sir what do you want to play/
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : well sir what do you want to play/
    Posted by holdemstud
    No offer to you sir you're probably a hustlerrrrrrr

Just making conversation cos I'm nice like that, and I sense that you might actually have some interesting thoughts into poker rather than the usual stuff that certain people on here post.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : No offer to you sir you're probably a hustlerrrrrrr Just making conversation cos I'm nice like that, and I sense that you might actually have some interesting thoughts into poker rather than the usual stuff that certain people on here post.
    Posted by scotty77
    am nice like that 2 but in past posts i seen u been very very very cocky, il sit at 500 hu if u want take me am new
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : am nice like that 2 but in past posts i seen u been very very very cocky, il sit at 500 hu if u want take me am new
    Posted by holdemstud
    500HU is way too big for me ATM.

I was a reg in the 500nl game here earlier this yearh but then Sky decided to super rig me so I'm rebuilding at 20/50nl LOL.

Oh yeah I am cocky I do come across like that, even more so when I'm talking to people who have ideas above their station about where their game is.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : 500HU is way too big for me ATM. I was a reg in the 500nl game here earlier this yearh but then Sky decided to super rig me so I'm rebuilding at 20/50nl LOL. Oh yeah I am cocky I do come across like that, even more so when I'm talking to people who have ideas above their station about where their game is.
    Posted by scotty77
    at least your honest, i cant fualt you for that, its just the way you come across in previous posts thats all, no probs
  • edited August 2009
    Ok well take a look thru my posts sometimes I do post honest advice that is written in a civil non-cocky manner :)
  • edited August 2009

Man, u2 need2get a room, fast.
  • edited August 2009
    Oh and holdemstud if you do play 500nl HU cash then don't play lolufold probably the best player on the site
  • edited August 2009
    Man, u2 need2get a room, fast.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Original....stop playing poker and do stand up sir you will be on Mock the Week in 3 months with that material
  • edited August 2009
    Gosh Dazler what a great sharkscope....2000 games for a profit of 300$ seriously get a job as a paperboy will be more profitable.

• edited August 2009

Thanks Scott, though I'm more of an old skool have i got news for u man meself.
  • edited August 2009
    Oh and holdemstud if you do play 500nl HU cash then don't play lolufold probably the best player on the site
    Posted by scotty77
    lolufold just lost a monkey 2 me 500 hu, whos next
  • edited August 2009

Dazzler ........   take a break from the game ... dont look for negatives ...have a week or so away from online poker,

Bad beats and cold decks are something ALL players go through ... MTT's are not the way forward in this game,

Get some discipline ...play only double your money sit an go's for a while .. this game is all about confidence ...

off course luck plays a big part as well but by playing Double your money 6 seaters your giving your self a big edge to

regain your confidence ... MTT's are a luxury for a limited bankroll ... If you were to win  3  DYM at  2.20  you have a

free roll for the Velocity or any  5.50 MTT .... Get yourself a "game plan" of how your going to control your spend.

glk dazz  take it easy for a while, low limit DYM sit and go's ...

benny
  • edited August 2009
    Totally agree with scotty77 on his equity calculations and opinion in general im afraid.

Dazler, there is absolutely no way sky is rigged. it's just bad luck. what you should be considering in poker is whether you are putting your money in +EV or -EV spots, rather than looking at results. Because in the long run, winners ALWAYS come out top. And regarding bankroll, imo it is always best to set your bankroll limit/budget, and use proper and strict bankroll management, i cannot stress this enough ;) 30buyin rule for cashgames, 50buyins for SNGs/Tournies is what i generally stick to in regard to bankroll building.

I have to admit personally I only play SkyPoker for the interactivity, not for profit etc. It's probably a stake or 2 higher than my poker bankroll allows but it accounts for a cheap night in with a few beers!

PS. Did you not see the Quad Aces losing to a Royal Flush in the WSOP 2008? If bad luck / bad beats / cold decks CAN happen... they WILL happen.

I wish you good luck in the future. Be critical in examining your strategy and you will turn things around, guaranteed.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Daz, probably not the response you were expecting from your thread mate and I sympathise. We all need to vent sometimes, go to church mate, take a break and come back stronger.
  • edited August 2009
    Is it me or is Scotty77 just a moron get off the thread and the community unless you have something other than STUPID COMMENTS to make. Grow up pal.
    Posted by Dazler
    Yes, I am the one who is acting like a baby.

• edited August 2009
    In defence of Scotty, if you ignore his (arguably) insulting comments, he has a lot of excellent points.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH : Yes, I am the one who is acting like a baby.
    Posted by scotty77
    YEP
  • edited August 2009
    Dazler everything scotty says is right - just cos he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he is a moron or should leave the community.
  • edited August 2009
    Really I don't mean to cause offence, but what Scotty says is true. And replying in capitals does not make you right.

Honestly, the bickering isn't worth it over forums since the small things you would laugh at 'irl' get misconstrued way out of proportion.

Dazler, have your rant, but really you should just be happy that people call you with such junk. Occasionally they will win, but more often they will be shippin' it when you're ahead ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Really I don't mean to cause offence, but what Scotty says is true. And replying in capitals does not make you right. Honestly, the bickering isn't worth it over forums since the small things you would laugh at 'irl' get misconstrued way out of proportion. Dazler, have your rant, but really you should just be happy that people call you with such junk. Occasionally they will win, but more often they will be shippin' it when you're ahead ;)
    Posted by Deadluck
    I dont intend to get into a t it for tat argument over poker on this thread especialy to scotty77 which im yet to see what valid point he is making, my remarks to him are purly because the only thing he has said thus far is that i am clueless, a Donk and no pretty much nothing about poker which he does on other forums, which quite frankly i dont care i play for myself not him. this is purly a thread to see weather players are experiencing the same problems i am and from other posts ive seen they are. I am always looking at my play and questioning how i use different stratagies. And in starting this thread was not set out  to say sky is fixed. But to ask questions of the hands i have been losing with and believe me if you saw them you would be shocked. I know when to bet and when to fold and i think people are presuming im just making this stuff up and its just general im talking about every game ive played pretty much when i get premium hands not just a pair i hit on the flop.

Anyways this maybe a thread for Area 51 not here, I embrace constructive comments but not abuse and the hand from the velocity seems to be the only one being analized by certain people which i know was a coin flip. i have not put the hands im talking about because there are far too many but they aint slight favorites they are played correctly in my opinion but with runner runners coming down after i get my chips in ahead .

thanks for your post :)
  • edited August 2009
    Well of course other players experience it. Because any time you put your money in ahead and the opponent is not drawing dead, they will always suck out some of the time. In the millions upon millions of hands, it is in fact very likely for this to happen alot of times to one person in a short space of time, its called variance / downswings. I've moved up and down the limits more times than I can count because of this. It would be a boring game without it. We all have bad beats, we all flop fullhouses only for them to be counterfeited by running cards to give your opponent a higher fullhouse or quads etc. it just happens, and overcoming tilt due to this is key to profitable poker.

Suck it up, **use BRM**, and take it on the chin. Keep plugging away in +EV spots and it will even out.

May i suggest you use a poker statistics software package (HEM/PT) as these will calculate this kind of thing (your EV) for you and keep track of your vpip/pfr stats etc, particularly useful for cashgames which is what i use it for anyway. dont really use it for donkaments though if anyone else can clarify if they even work with SkyPoker lol.
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
    Hi DAZLER hope ur ok just read ur post.4 starters ignore all the negative comments pal.We all have bad beats and unbelievable bad runs but urs does seem higher than usual.If nothing is going wrong in ur personal life and nothings on ur mind then u dont become a bad player overnite.       When lucks against u in poker and life it comes in great lumps and stays 4 a while.Then everytime u play its in the back of ur mind negatively helping to prolong the bad run or perhaps trying a bit too hard weve all been there bud.    My advice m8 is to drop down on the buy in levels 4 one week and basically play ABC poker at slightly slower blind increase games until u win a couple of games and ur confidence returns IT WILL M8.Then spend the week building back up to ur normal level thats wot i have done a few times and its always worked.                                           Remember it happens to EVERY player to sum degree. DANIEL NEGRANEU spent over 200 grand in buy-ins one year without cashing once and went over 18 months without a win so sum of those losses must have been mad suk-outs and dodgy calls.                                                                             Champions dont give up and neither shud u pal it WILL come right just gotta ride the poker storm till it blows in sum one elses direction.  GOOD LUCK and stay focused let us know how its goin      
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Hi DAZLER hope ur ok just read ur post.4 starters ignore all the negative comments pal.We all have bad beats and unbelievable bad runs but urs does seem higher than usual.If nothing is going wrong in ur personal life and nothings on ur mind then u dont become a bad player overnite.       When lucks against u in poker and life it comes in great lumps and stays 4 a while.Then everytime u play its in the back of ur mind negatively helping to prolong the bad run or perhaps trying a bit too hard weve all been there bud.    My advice m8 is to drop down on the buy in levels 4 one week and basically play ABC poker at slightly slower blind increase games until u win a couple of games and ur confidence returns IT WILL M8.Then spend the week building back up to ur normal level thats wot i have done a few times and its always worked.                                           Remember it happens to EVERY player to sum degree. DANIEL NEGRANEU spent over 200 grand in buy-ins one year without cashing once and went over 18 months without a win so sum of those losses must have been mad suk-outs and dodgy calls.                                                                             Champions dont give up and neither shud u pal it WILL come right just gotta ride the poker storm till it blows in sum one elses direction.  GOOD LUCK and stay focused let us know how its goin      
    Posted by KeyserSose
    great advise KeyserSose you hit the nail on the head and ill be doing just that. glad to see there are some players who put things in perspective and some constructive tactics. thanks again m8 :) daniel negraneu story puts it in perspective.
  • edited August 2009
    hi dazzler--perhaps you should concentrate on the 2.20 and 5.50 deep stacks for a while-these really help your game and reduce variance as you dont have to shove untill you have the nuts--they favor patient players and you can generally ride a few bad beats without getting knocked out --gl ---and remember that luck does eventually even out and yours will come back---gl m8
  • edited August 2009
    Theres some great points and also some i knew already. This is the first post i have put on here regarding this and not something i go on about day in day out whine whine whine. Some good things have been brought up and made me think. I have been playing for quite a few years and learnt the hard way to get to the level i am now and also have had plenty of runs of bad luck for a long while and usualy just ride it out and get back on top. This has probably been the worst run i have had and really made me question a lot of things in regard to this. You work hard to build up a resonable amount in your bankroll and suddenly all that hard work has been shatterd because of sillyness. I stay focused and take breaks when this happens and also done the silly thing and played over the stakes to get it back. Bankroll management has never been my strong point ill be the first to admit that but the  reason i rant and rave is because ive never seen so many bad beats in the whole time i have been playing. I probably am out of order when i suggest sky may have something to do with this and am probably being paranoid thats a topic for Area 51.

So from this i will take a step back look at what is happening and make a new game plan if it still happens then ill decide on what to do.

Until then thanks for your comments and good luck at the tables :)
  • edited August 2009
    Ok, 1 thing I seem to note is your 'steaming' so to speak, I know what its like... you buy into a tourney and auto assume your going to be bad beated. This is definately not good and I would suggest a break for a few days, or a move down the levels to one where the money means little just to gain your confidence back.

As for Scotty77, yes ok hes made some good points, but the way hes gone about putting them out is a disgrace, no need to call people donks, no need to go and mock someone sharkscope graph, most of his posts have been childish to say the least and certainly not containing constructive critisism (instead of offering advice hes challenging dazler to put his entire bankroll on the line, we don't need people like this on the forum, suprised dazler hasn't reported him.)
  • edited August 2009
    Ok, 1 thing I seem to note is your 'steaming' so to speak, I know what its like... you buy into a tourney and auto assume your going to be bad beated. This is definately not good and I would suggest a break for a few days, or a move down the levels to one where the money means little just to gain your confidence back. As for Scotty77, yes ok hes made some good points, but the way hes gone about putting them out is a disgrace, no need to call people donks, no need to go and mock someone sharkscope graph, most of his posts have been childish to say the least and certainly not containing constructive critisism (instead of offering advice hes challenging dazler to put his entire bankroll on the line, we don't need people like this on the forum, suprised dazler hasn't reported him.)
    Posted by NColley
    Hi
    I couldn't agree, with NColley, This site and forum was set up to promote friendship and debate.
    Too many people post on here, thinking they are better than others,(and they may be better players), but let themselves down by either getting drawn into a slagging match or starting it by coming out with smart comments.
    On other threads the use of Sharkscope to have a go at a player HAS been seen as abuse, so to anyone thinking of using it should be careful.
    It will be interesting to see if i get any replies to this post, but remember this, I HAVEN'T NAMED ANY PLAYER, so if you think i'm on about you then so be it.

To Dazler, you know to take a break. I'm on a terrible run at the moment, but i wouldn't post like you, as i know the replies that normally come back.

Hope you come back stronger m8
    col
  • edited August 2009
    Hey Guys,

just a quick note - i have had to remove a few comments from this thread as they broke the house rules.

i fully understand that poker at times can be an emotional game, but please please keep this community friendly and use it as it was intended... for open, friendly debate

all the best everyone,

Rich