You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The show!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

New thread coz i dnt want it read out.....

Noticed this latlely but hit home tonight....

The same hands r being analysed all the time!

Last night lolufold floppin quad aces v JJ, I know ive seen that before..., and deuces live-s hand tonight.......

Also, what was bandinis pineapple comment all about, deffo changed my mental image of him that

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I couldn't understand bandini

he was making noise in something near english but not quite lol

edit im pretty sure Orford had no idea what he was saying!
  • edited August 2010
    i think dandini is from that island in scotland Liser Mary was on about lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show!:
    I couldn't understand bandini he was making noise in something near english but not quite lol edit im pretty sure Orford had no idea what he was saying!
    Posted by beaneh
    Could have done with some subtitles, sounded like Rab C. Nesbitt.
  • edited August 2010

haha one good thing about being scottish, u cant tell if he's talking sh!te or he's absolutely leathered.

• edited August 2010
    Didnt understand myself, think he had the TV sound up too loud which was making ot echo!
  • edited August 2010
    haha one good thing about being scottish, u cant tell if he's talking sh!te or he's absolutely leathered.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    imo,the former rather than the latter ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : Could have done with some subtitles, sounded like Rab C. Nesbitt.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW

thissss!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Was I that bad?

I was really conscious about speaking clearly because I'm Scottish, was very drunk, and mumble at the best of times.

I enjoyed it though. It was a pleasure to talk to Rich and TK both even though for the first 3mins I actually thought I was still speaking to one of the backroom guys who'd originally phoned me lol.

And at least I can write more coherently than this;

"i think dandini is from that island in scotland Liser Mary was on about lol"

And pineapple JJ, pineapple. I knew I should have bet big on that one :-)
  • edited August 2010
    im scottish and needed subtitles maself. Couldnt hear a thing, probably the echo
  • edited August 2010
    im scottish and needed subtitles maself. Couldnt hear a thing, probably the echo
    Posted by The_Don90

get them to put subtitles on the replay so we can understand!!!
  • edited August 2010

lol! gr8 stuff m8!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh no.

I'm actually blushing and I didn't even blush after that thread about Lisa Marie.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah, eh, the echo. Like Damon said in Rounders : Make sure you've always got an out.

Thanks for providing that out Don.

Sky! Sort out your auditory problems. You're making me look stupid.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : Yeah, eh, the echo. Like Damon said in Rounders : Make sure you've always got an out. Thanks for providing that out Don. Sky! Sort out your auditory problems. You're making me look stupid.
    Posted by bandini
    When i did live phone guest i did a sound check half and hour prior to recording. As for your accent, i went to scotland on holiday and watched a comedian in a club, everyone was rolling on the floor laughing at his jokes, i couldnt understand a word! Im English but have lived/worked in N Ireland for 20 years and it took me 6 months before i could understand them, and your right, its the speed of talk thing - slow down! lol
  • edited August 2010
    lloooool bandini, you are supposed to fit the keyword into context somewhere in the conversation, not just say `ok bye then....oh btw......pineapple`, i was pmsl
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : When i did live phone guest i did a sound check half and hour prior to recording. As for your accent, i went to scotland on holiday and watched a comedian in a club, everyone was rolling on the floor laughing at his jokes, i couldnt understand a word! Im English but have lived/worked in N Ireland for 20 years and it took me 6 months before i could understand them, and your right, its the speed of talk thing - slow down! lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yeah, any of my mates who have moved to London need to completely change their accents to be understood.

I don't think my accent's even that broad a Scots one. Anyone from the central belt thinks I'm Irish and a girl I met from Dublin was convinced I was from Belfast. A group of Irish guys I spoke to on holiday once even had the audacity to call me English. I can take a joke but that's just too much.

A mate that watched last night's programme said it was quite a bad line for the first while I was on but then just sounded like me later on. I'm too embarassed to watch it now :-)

Guess I better get some elocution lessons before I apply for a presenter's job :-)
  • edited August 2010
    lloooool bandini, you are supposed to fit the keyword into context somewhere in the conversation, not just say `ok bye then....oh btw......pineapple`, i was pmsl
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lol. What can I say : I was nervous. Even after about 20 bottles of beer. As bad as any of my best man's speeches that was. I'd actually been dared to do it in a Welsh or Sean Connory accent too but it was just too nerve-wracking. Kudos to TK and Rich for doing what they do, it's not as easy as it looks.
  • edited August 2010
    I could understand you ok. I was due on not so long ago and was rather nervous about it. Thought I'd try to be funny and then fall flat on my face. Then I couldn't make the recording slot due to a work commitment - felt quite relieved to be honest lol. I think those studio acoustics must a bit ropey with echo & stuff (stuff is technical), and you probably need to give yourself the best chance by using a proper phone rather than a mobile.
  • edited August 2010
    was this the one shown last night during the Primo?  If so I could understand you fine and I'm as southern as can be...
  • edited August 2010
    was this the one shown last night during the Primo?  If so I could understand you fine and I'm as southern as can be...
    Posted by scotty77
    Yeah, last night's Primo show. Cheers for that. Am glad that some are coming on that did understand me. Might just get round to watching it now :-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to The show!:
    New thread coz i dnt want it read out..... Noticed this latlely but hit home tonight.... The same hands r being analysed all the time! Last night lolufold floppin quad aces v JJ, I know ive seen that before..., and deuces live-s hand tonight....... Also, what was bandinis pineapple comment all about, deffo changed my mental image of him that
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know im getting bored of the channel because of everything been repeated. I want to have something new to watch when i am  bored. They should have a featured tournament every night and master cash on the saturday. 
  • edited August 2010

I too, understood you fine Bandini, you did well.

I loved the btw, "pineapple" comment, just lol

• edited August 2010
    I understood you perfectly well too.  Which is odd, as I can't understand a word you write on here half the time. ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by scotty77

wat the hell? really?

you must have a fish in your ear. it was foreigns I tells you!
  • edited August 2010
    I understood you perfectly well too.  Which is odd, as I can't understand a word you write on here half the time. ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : wat the hell? really? you must have a fish in your ear. it was foreigns I tells you!
    Posted by beaneh
    And I was full of praise for you too. Kinda glad you didn't understand it now :-)
  • edited August 2010
    Just braved it and I can TOTALLY understand why some from Englandshire wouldn't understand it. Hell, I could barely understand it at times and I'm me! Do I really speak that fast? You're right loony I need to slow it right down. Actually surprised at how Scottish I do sound.

That's horrible listening to your voice on tv.

Thanks to TK and Rich for shepherding me through it because I'm fairly certain they could barely understand me at times either lol. Oh well, I'm a firm believer that you'll regret more things you don't do than things you do do in life. And that's the tv debut out the way. Onwards and upwards from here on in.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : And I was full of praise for you too. Kinda glad you didn't understand it now :-)
    Posted by bandini

hahahahaha

I don't normally watch I was just managing to bust a mirrion tournies in 10 seconds on other sites so went from 20+ tabling to 4 tabling and needed something else to keep me entertained!!!!

Love the train talk, for some reason I find that very interesting even though im sure others (Orford definitely included) don't.
  • edited August 2010
    Just braved it and I can TOTALLY understand why some from Englandshire wouldn't understand it. Hell, I could barely understand it at times and I'm me! Do I really speak that fast? You're right loony I need to slow it right down. Actually surprised at how Scottish I do sound. That's horrible listening to your voice on tv. Thanks to TK and Rich for shepherding me through it because I'm fairly certain they could barely understand me at times either lol. Oh well, I'm a firm believer that you'll regret more things you don't do than things you do do in life. And that's the tv debut out the way. Onwards and upwards from here on in.
    Posted by bandini
    On the couple of phone ins I did for The Club, one of them I absolutely cringed listening back to it.  The second one, where I was calling from the new forest I actually found it bearable to listen to.

Mind you no one started a thread dissing my phone in so it can't have been that bad, lol.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The show! : On the couple of phone ins I did for The Club, one of them I absolutely cringed listening back to it.  The second one, where I was calling from the new forest I actually found it bearable to listen to. Mind you no one started a thread dissing my phone in so it can't have been that bad, lol.
    Posted by Machka
    If there's a next time for me then hopefully they'll have the sense not to pick a Sunday when Hibs are kicking off at 12:15 :-)