You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
sign your name below if you want it back into general poker chat???

Comments

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010

Maxally

(do with have to sign again when this gets moved???)
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    robably!!In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!:
    Maxally (do with have to sign again when this gets moved???)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    probably!!

the last forum bb thread went on for ages and was never moved!!!!

there must be a grumpy forum mod lurking lol.
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    dav1964

Yeah they seem to be in a bit of a mood today,cant really think why though.I guess some fool musta peed em off ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    its in the shed
  • edited August 2010

Guys.

As the Community/Forum gets bigger & bigger, there have to be seperate Boards for varying topics, or the whole thing just becomes a complete nonsense, & it would be impossible to locate particular Threads or topics.

Moving it to "The Shed" is not a slur on the Thread, not one bit, it just belongs in The Shed, no more, no less.

If that Thread were to stay in GPC, then everyone else, who normally Post stuff in The Shed, would want their threads on GPC. 

And if that happened, why not just close "The Shed", & all the other Boards? Stick everything in GPC. Which would soon collapse under the load, as Threads would "fall off" the Front Page so much quicker. 

It's just sensible Forum husbandry, & in NO WAY reflects upon the quality, or otherwise, of the Thread.

I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own. Jack Spratt & his missus, sort of thing.

If anyone can Post any thread anywhere, the whole Forum will collapse into disarray. There have to be & are, exceptions, but I think they have to be just that - rare exceptions.

To repeat, the decision to move it is standard Forum husbandry, & does not, in any way, reflect upon the Thread.
  • edited August 2010
    fair point tikay but why wasnt it moved when irishrover did this last time??
  • edited August 2010
    Im not signing anything without seeing the terms and conditions :P

also i didnt get a vote so dont care lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!:
    Guys. As the Community/Forum gets bigger & bigger, there have to be seperate Boards for varying topics, or the whole thing just becomes a complete nonsense, & it would be impossible to locate particular Threads or topics. Moving it to "The Shed" is not a slur on the Thread, not one bit, it just belongs in The Shed, no more, no less. If that Thread were to stay in GPC, then everyone else, who normally Post stuff in The Shed, would want their threads on GPC.  And if that happened, why not just close "The Shed", & all the other Boards? Stick everything in GPC. Which would soon collapse under the load, as Threads would "fall off" the Front Page so much quicker.  It's just sensible Forum husbandry, & in NO WAY reflects upon the quality, or otherwise, of the Thread. I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own. Jack Spratt & his missus, sort of thing. If anyone can Post any thread anywhere, the whole Forum will collapse into disarray. There have to be & are, exceptions, but I think they have to be just that - rare exceptions. To repeat, the decision to move it is standard Forum husbandry, & does not, in any way, reflect upon the Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Imo This thread was about  the players which are the most important part of the game without them you dont have a game! It is not as though it was about cats in bins or footy!
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by donkeyplop
    The Shed may not have existed then - it was a later addition to the site.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by donkeyplop
    No idea, Mr Plop, but how do two wrongs make a right?

Sorry to sound obdurate, but the relevance of why it was allowed to remain on the wrong board last time is lost on me.

In addition, Forum Traffic (number of Posts per week) is increasing week-on-week, & has been for a while now, with the rate now accelerating, so it's far more of a problem now than  it was previously.

I also expect Forum Traffic here to significantly improve even further very soon, as there are a whole bunch of exciting, & very special, things, soon to "go public", which will, collectively, create a lot more Posts.

• edited August 2010

""I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own.'' 

With all due respect, this is one of the reasons where I feel it would be beneficial to the 'whole' community if this thread was in GPC. There are too many 'negative' theme threads appearing in GPC ATM and this would hopefully readdress the balance. (IMHO)

If the 'vegas' threads were in the 'tournament' thread and not the GPC.......would they of got the amount of response they did?.

Its too early for a normal Friday forum fight, so I will just say the above because I know it will be pointless in pursuing the 'discussion'.

' LONG LIVE DAVINNA '  
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : No idea, Mr Plop, but how do two wrongs make a right? Sorry to sound obdurate, but the relevance of why it was allowed to remain on the wrong board last time is lost on me. In addition, Forum Traffic (number of Posts per week) is increasing week-on-week, & has been for a while now, with the rate now accelerating, so it's far more of a problem now than  it was previously. I also expect Forum Traffic here to significantly improve even further very soon, as there are a whole bunch of exciting, & very special, things, soon to "go public", which will, collectively, create a lot more Posts.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    downloadable client?! 

lol i couldnt resist
  • edited August 2010
    Within your typically well worded reply TK you mention you very rarely go to the shed.

Same with me, I very rarely get past the main Poker Chat forum and hardly ever visit the Shed in particular.

That's why I'm adding my name to this petition

I think this particular thread deserves to be on the main forum .....giving it a "Coronation Street" or "X Factor" status if you like.

By moving it to the Shed only the die hard forum regs will remember to visit it; and that would be a great shame. This is a chance for some cracking fun ....and to show the community at its best.

I therefore still respectfully vote/suggest to......Move it back.

Dud Butini.
  • edited August 2010
    Guys. As the Community/Forum gets bigger & bigger, there have to be seperate Boards for varying topics, or the whole thing just becomes a complete nonsense, & it would be impossible to locate particular Threads or topics. Moving it to "The Shed" is not a slur on the Thread, not one bit, it just belongs in The Shed, no more, no less. If that Thread were to stay in GPC, then everyone else, who normally Post stuff in The Shed, would want their threads on GPC.  And if that happened, why not just close "The Shed", & all the other Boards? Stick everything in GPC. Which would soon collapse under the load, as Threads would "fall off" the Front Page so much quicker.  It's just sensible Forum husbandry, & in NO WAY reflects upon the quality, or otherwise, of the Thread. I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own. Jack Spratt & his missus, sort of thing. If anyone can Post any thread anywhere, the whole Forum will collapse into disarray. There have to be & are, exceptions, but I think they have to be just that - rare exceptions. To repeat, the decision to move it is standard Forum husbandry, & does not, in any way, reflect upon the Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
    you know i think you are a topman tk and so is skyrich ,

but why cant this be a rare exception ?

a lot of forum peeps want it ,

its harmless fun just what is needed ,

positive harmless fun ,

this thread would have worked better in general chat !

• edited August 2010
    In addition, Forum Traffic (number of Posts per week) is increasing week-on-week, & has been for a while now, with the rate now accelerating, so it's far more of a problem now than  it was previously.Posted by Tikay10
    maybe if we all promise to try and post less?
  • edited August 2010
    Tikay! I know this is an impertinent question but did you even look at the said thread before giving your judgement on the situation? If you did then I respect your judgment even though Imo I think you are wrong!
  • edited August 2010
    Ok folks I'm going to move it back into here in a moment. Given the bad vibes that have been circulating here recently I think it's a good idea, as it's a good fun thread.

This doesn't mean you can start a petition whenever a thread gets moved in future ;-) It's a one off for today only.

Moderator.

• edited August 2010
    Ok folks I'm going to move it back into here in a moment. Given the bad vibes that have been circulating here recently I think it's a good idea, as it's a good fun thread. This doesn't mean you can start a petition whenever a thread gets moved in future ;-) It's a one off for today only. Moderator.
    Posted by Sky_mod3
     Thank You! :)
  • edited August 2010
    +1 on the THANK YOU
  • edited August 2010

TYVM Sky Mod 3. (sure you are not tikay multi - accounting?,* lol)  :)))))))

* INSERT big smiley face
  • edited August 2010
    Ok folks I'm going to move it back into here in a moment. Given the bad vibes that have been circulating here recently I think it's a good idea, as it's a good fun thread. This doesn't mean you can start a petition whenever a thread gets moved in future ;-) It's a one off for today only. Moderator.
    Posted by Sky_mod3

n1 this is why skypoker is tops !
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : you know i think you are a topman tk and so is skyrich , but why cant this be a rare exception ? a lot of forum peeps want it , its harmless fun just what is needed , positive harmless fun , this thread would have worked better in general chat !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I almost wished I never made my Post, now I definitely wish I'd never made it. I was worried people would not read it properly, & that has proven to be the case.

I never said it could not be a rare exception, I simply went to the time & trouble to explain the logic.

I never said (or thought) that a lot of people did or did not want it.

I never said (or thought) it was not harmless fun.

What I did explain was how Forums need to work, & be managed, if they are to be scaleable, to be able to survive traffic growth.

Now we have "mock" Posts appearing on other Threads. 

I'm really sorry you never read my Post properly, nevertheless.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : downloadable client?!  lol i couldnt resist
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Amongst others, yes.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : Amongst others, yes.
    Posted by Tikay10

BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    ""I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own.''  With all due respect, this is one of the reasons where I feel it would be beneficial to the 'whole' community if this thread was in GPC. There are too many 'negative' theme threads appearing in GPC ATM and this would hopefully readdress the balance. (IMHO) If the 'vegas' threads were in the 'tournament' thread and not the GPC.......would they of got the amount of response they did?. Its too early for a normal Friday forum fight, so I will just say the above because I know it will be pointless in pursuing the 'discussion'. ' LONG LIVE DAVINNA '  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    A very interesting piece of logic there, Alan!