You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010

SILENCE LOL , IT MUST BE THE SHOCK;)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!:
    Tikay! I know this is an impertinent question but did you even look at the said thread before giving your judgement on the situation? If you did then I respect your judgment even though Imo I think you are wrong!
    Posted by Donut64
    Hi Donut,

Would you be so kind as to read my reply again, please?

I never made a "judgement" - I explained, carefully & honestly, as I always try to, on all subjects, the logic, & reasoning.

It was for others - the Mods - to make the "judgement", not me.

I had thought my reply & explanation may have been helpful, thats all.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : Amongst others, yes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Would it be OK to ask how soon is "soon"?

Edit - Just saw the "Site Maintenance" thread, would it be then? 
  • edited August 2010
    well done sky mod and tikay!!

good to see we could all have a sensible debate without the childish comments creeping in.

oh and i think i deserve some more votes now forum people ;))))))))))))

• edited August 2010
    General chat is sh!t, move it back in The Shed!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : Would it be OK to ask how soon is "soon"?
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Feel free - soon is "very soon".

They no longer give dates, as the mockers & sarcy brigade all get up a head of steam, but it's progressing nicely.

The DC was demonstrated on a Laptop to anyone who wished to see it during Swansea SPT, too. Since then, progress has been rapid. I was on it yesterday, actually, it's slick & neat, very much so.

But there are OTHER things to come before that. And very soon, too. Many players here have Beta-Tested some stuff recently, & the feedback was astonishingly positive. And there is some more "other stuff", too......

Watch this space.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : Would it be OK to ask how soon is "soon"? Edit - Just saw the "Site Maintenance" thread, would it be then? 
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Your Edit was after my reply, or "post my Post"......

No, the DC is not connected with that Maintenance Outage. Something else is, though. Maybe. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I know why Tikay is so excited, they have decided to install a buscuit machine in the Sky Poker offices:)))
  • edited August 2010

we need to start a petition . AGAINST . having a downloadable client soon ;)
  • edited August 2010

SoIn Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!!:
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : Hi Donut, Would you be so kind as to read my reply again, please? I never made a "judgement" - I explained, carefully & honestly, as I always try to, on all subjects, the logic, & reasoning.   It was for others - the Mods - to make the "judgement", not me. I had thought my reply & explanation may have been helpful, thats all.
    Posted by Tikay10
     So your answer is no you didnt? :)
  • edited August 2010
     SoIn Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! :  So your answer is no you didnt? :)
    Posted by Donut64
    I read the Thread, & all the Posts, including the Title, which was in itself, longer than most of the Posts. I've never seen a thread title that was 3 lines long before! ;)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : I read the Thread, & all the Posts, including the Title, which was in itself, longer than most of the Posts. I've never seen a thread title that was 3 lines long before! ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
     Ok. I will stop pestering you now then! :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! : I read the Thread, & all the Posts, including the Title, which was in itself, longer than most of the Posts. I've never seen a thread title that was 3 lines long before! ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    you must get out from that retirement home

more often then,

i will push if you like  lol !

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: petition to return irishrovers forum bb thread!!!! :  Ok. I will stop pestering you now then! :)
    Posted by Donut64
    I'd prefer that you read my original (& unedited) reply, to be honest. I can rarely recall a Post which has been so misconstrued!
  • edited August 2010
    Guys. As the Community/Forum gets bigger & bigger, there have to be seperate Boards for varying topics, or the whole thing just becomes a complete nonsense, & it would be impossible to locate particular Threads or topics. Moving it to "The Shed" is not a slur on the Thread, not one bit, it just belongs in The Shed, no more, no less. If that Thread were to stay in GPC, then everyone else, who normally Post stuff in The Shed, would want their threads on GPC.  And if that happened, why not just close "The Shed", & all the other Boards? Stick everything in GPC. Which would soon collapse under the load, as Threads would "fall off" the Front Page so much quicker.  It's just sensible Forum husbandry, & in NO WAY reflects upon the quality, or otherwise, of the Thread. I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own. Jack Spratt & his missus, sort of thing. If anyone can Post any thread anywhere, the whole Forum will collapse into disarray. There have to be & are, exceptions, but I think they have to be just that - rare exceptions. To repeat, the decision to move it is standard Forum husbandry, & does not, in any way, reflect upon the Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
     I have read this post numerous times now, and your view is the thread belongs in The Shed, no more, no less. My arument all along as been it doesnt because it is about the players and the players are the most important thing about Poker!
     Before you tell me to read it again, I will reiterate I have already read and understood all the valed points you have made but I still disagree with you on this one point! But Im quite happy to agree to disagree! :)
  • edited August 2010
    Guys. As the Community/Forum gets bigger & bigger, there have to be seperate Boards for varying topics, or the whole thing just becomes a complete nonsense, & it would be impossible to locate particular Threads or topics.

I AGREE !

Moving it to "The Shed" is not a slur on the Thread, not one bit, it just belongs in The Shed, no more, no less.

I DISAGREE IT WONT GET TO ENOUGH FOERUM PEEPS !

If that Thread were to stay in GPC, then everyone else, who normally Post stuff in The Shed, would want their threads on GPC.

I DISAGREE YOU CANT PREDICT WHAT OTHERS PEEPS WILL DO !

And if that happened, why not just close "The Shed", & all the other Boards? Stick everything in GPC. Which would soon collapse under the load, as Threads would "fall off" the Front Page so much quicker.

THIS IS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !

It's just sensible Forum husbandry, & in NO WAY reflects upon the quality, or otherwise, of the Thread. I stick to GPC most of the time, others only visit "The Shed", it's each to their own.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED IT IN GPC !

Jack Spratt & his missus, sort of thing. If anyone can Post any thread anywhere, the whole Forum will collapse into disarray. There have to be & are, exceptions, but I think they have to be just that - rare exceptions. To repeat, the decision to move it is standard Forum husbandry, & does not, in any way, reflect upon the Thread.

THE EXCEPTION HAS BEEN MADE CAN WE LET IT REST NOW !

P.S I REALY DID NOT WANT TO POST ANYMORE ON HERE TK,

BUT IN YOUR PM YOU ASK ME TO REREAD THIS POST

AND RESPOND , SO THIS I HAVE DONE .

THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD LETS AGREE TO DISAGREE PLZZZ !

• edited August 2010
    I hardly ever venture into the shed, in fact my first shed is so full of junk (all useful of course) I built a second shed.  That too is now full.

I vote we make the front page of GPC 3 times longer (this is no way a slur on IRISHROVER'S thread titles).

;-)