You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the hand

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    beaneh please read your first and last pots on this thread.
  • edited August 2010
    my first post is without running the numbers, similarly I also said i'd never rr to that much pre so i'd never be in such a stupidly close spot, if i'd made it 5200 I snap fold to the shove but lets be honest i've jammed this pre without even thinking; if he has a better hand behind so be it I plan to gettttt theeeeeeeere!
  • edited August 2010
    Ola,

The hand was a strange one from my point of view.

The Maths etc says you have to call but I fold in your spot also unless I'm in a super gambling mood. Everyone knows Tony is pretty tight but even if you eliminate him from the equation and put say....lolufold in Tony's spot. Do you still fold ?

Any good thinking player will notice instantly you have put half your stack in and expect you to call their shove 90% of the time from the BB with said action. What kind of hands do you expect to come up against at best ? 1010 or JJ ? In which case your flipping but the more likely hands AA/kk/QQ/AK your a pretty big dog and need to get lucky to double / survive.

Personally I 3-bet less in that situation or more than likely jam pre. The beauty of poker is everyone plays differently but knowing your opponents range in that spot is pretty important and the whole of sky knew Tony's.

• edited August 2010
    My head hurts. :(
    Thats what maths does to me. :(
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: the hand:
    Ola, The hand was a strange one from my point of view. The Maths etc says you have to call but I fold in your spot also unless I'm in a super gambling mood. Everyone knows Tony is pretty tight but even if you eliminate him from the equation and put say....lolufold in Tony's spot. Do you still fold ? Any good thinking player will notice instantly you have put half your stack in and expect you to call their shove 90% of the time from the BB with said action. What kind of hands do you expect to come up against at best ? 1010 or JJ ? In which case your flipping but the more likely hands AA/kk/QQ/AK your a pretty big dog and need to get lucky to double / survive. Personally I 3-bet less in that situation or more than likely jam pre. The beauty of poker is everyone plays differently but knowing your opponents range in that spot is pretty important and the whole of sky knew Tony's.
    Posted by Nutter5932

Anyone else think Tony may have been using his image to his advantage, with sod all here ???

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: the hand:
    In Response to Re: the hand : Anyone else think Tony may have been using his image to his advantage, with sod all here ???
    Posted by JockBMW
    It was funny as tikay said he had A3, then he said he had A4. 
    The hand was shown on TV and he had KK.
  • edited August 2010

TK definitely exploits his image, but not in a hand like this.....

He plays back at me with rubbish all the time, coz he never thinks I have anything.....

But I know that he thinks that I never have nething, so can come back again.....

When he learns that I know that he thinks I never have anything, then we cud get an all in pot for 60xbb with 7 high against 8 high !! :) lol