You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

League stars freeroll for September

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
I was just wondering if the league stars freeroll would be moved.  It is usually the second sunday in the month.  But this clashes with the SPT at DTD, where I am sure you would agree, that many people who qualify for this will be there.  We have all worked hard for these points and I would like to suggest a different day for this freeroll if possible.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    i think it would be a gd idea 2 move it, and as we speak i'm not going to dtd but will be in the freeroll!

however if it says sumewhere that its always d 2nd sund of d month, then ur get people who aint goin complainin!

would av been better if Sky had changed the date b4 this month started
  • edited August 2010
    i agree with your point karlluke (tina?) but i propose a better solution.  moving the date would benefit a few of us but might cause unhappiness to others who cannot play on the new date.  the better solution is to give a free place into the £220 final to anyone who is still playing at dtd at, say, 5pm on sunday and who would have been playing in the league stars.  everyone happy including skypoker who ensure that their top league players who also reach the final tables will feature in the end of september televised spectacular.

regards, rob.  see you in nottingham.
  • edited August 2010
    thanks aussie yes it is tina,  hope someone looks at this and makes a decision do like your idea of a free seat, hopefully we can pay for our own though by cashing in nottingham.
  • edited September 2010

Any Nooooooooooooooooooooze on this???????

Probably more likely to be delayed a week than brought forward to this weekend? Canny find it in the lobby.......
  • edited September 2010
    News is they ignored it
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: League stars freeroll for September:
    News is they ignored it
    Posted by SoLack
    which has been the standard response from sky on most issues for the last couple of weeks!
  • edited September 2010

Yeh it has, but gotta be happy about this one, shud have a gud chance of gettin in again!!!

It sux that they cnt be bothered to communicate with the forum though.....thread after thread after thread gets ignored, and even when it does get "sent to the office" - chances of gettin a reply r slim2none.

Lookin forward to this freeroll tho!! less runners the better :) 

• edited September 2010
    Hey Guys,

I'm really sorry this thread hasn't been responded to.

If ever you have a question that needs replying to or you'd just like a member of the team to take notice of a thread please just send one of us a PM.

You've got myself...

Sky Jordan

Sky Lee

Sky Dave

and Sky Bernie

If you do send a PM, each of us will do our best to reply ASAP and help you out with your query.

I've been quite busy lately on a few other projects so not had the time to keep my head in every thread like normal but i'll make sure that the team spend spend a little more time looking out for your threads/questions.

All the best to each of you.

Rich
  • edited September 2010
    It's in the lobby guys and gals.....5 days time gl all :)
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Guys,

I passed this over and the team have come back with....

No we cannot move the league stars freeroll for the SPT Final, therefore it will run on Sunday as per the t’s and c’s (2nd Sunday of the month)

This Seems a little harsh and I understand the thinking behind it from the players who are attending DTD, but ‘rules are rules’ , If we rescheduled it then I’m sure there are other groups of players who would not be able to attend the freeroll for other reasons.

I'm really sorry about that guys. God, i feel like such a party pooper today. If you're playing in the freeroll or the the SPT final i wish you all the best of luck.

Rich
  • edited September 2010
    i agree with your point karlluke (tina?) but i propose a better solution.  moving the date would benefit a few of us but might cause unhappiness to others who cannot play on the new date.  the better solution is to give a free place into the £220 final to anyone who is still playing at dtd at, say, 5pm on sunday and who would have been playing in the league stars.  everyone happy including skypoker who ensure that their top league players who also reach the final tables will feature in the end of september televised spectacular. regards, rob.  see you in nottingham.
    Posted by aussie09
    thanks rich... can you evaluate the proposal as written earlier?

regards, rob.

• edited September 2010

interestingly only approx 20% of the field at dtd will have qualified for league stars.  so by sunday tea time there will probably be only three or four people left who are also due to play in the league stars and for whom you might consider awarding a free place to the league final.

seems like a good thing to do.  imo.
  • edited September 2010
    I'll pass it on Aussie but i can't promise anything.

cheers
  • edited September 2010

thanks rich... it will mean a lot to 50 people

• edited September 2010

This is only the 2nd time I have qualified for this League stars freeroll so I do hope that Sky poker can come to some compromise over this.

I have registered for it but I will be at DTD on Sunday either hopefully playing or railing the final few players.

If everyone who is at DTD and qualified for this registers, will it not cause inconvenience for those actually able to play with the 'away' players?
    (I was going to start a thread about playing away players but thought better of it, lol)

Hope we can get some response from the 'suits' on this....

Regards,

Alan 
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for your reply Rich. Can you also get someone to have a look at and reply to this thread please, as many of us feel Sky are way to slow when it comes to increasing prizepools to fairly reflect the expected number of runners:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aeb45fcc1-d6c2-4249-9b7b-a559e230938d

Cheers
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for your reply Rich. Can you also get someone to have a look at and reply to this thread please, as many of us feel Sky are way to slow when it comes to increasing prizepools to fairly reflect the expected number of runners: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aeb45fcc1-d6c2-4249-9b7b-a559e230938d Cheers
    Posted by yb

Hi YB,

I've passed that thread over to the guys to take look at. Hopefully we'll have a response for you soon.

• edited September 2010
    Thanks for the reply.  Aussie the point is I have booked three nights in Nottingham and not returning home until Monday, so whether I am still in the SPT or not is irrelevent.  Having said that I accept the decision that it can't be moved, but it is a shame for all those who have qualified for the freeroll but won't be able to play in it because they have shelled out £500+ on attendomg an official Sky event moan moan moan moan
  • edited September 2010

i to will be in nottingham our drivieing home whilst the league stars freeroll is on

doesernt seem right work all month to get into it

enter a sky poker tour event and miss out

maybe sky will cover travel and hotel costs as compensation to players who are missing out

come on sky play fare

treat your customers correctly

sara36dd

• edited September 2010
    . i agree totasIn Response to Re: League stars freeroll for September:
    Thanks for the reply.  Aussie the point is I have booked three nights in Nottingham and not returning home until Monday, so whether I am still in the SPT or not is irrelevent.  Having said that I accept the decision that it can't be moved, but it is a shame for all those who have qualified for the freeroll but won't be able to play in it because they have shelled out £500+ on attendomg an official Sky event moan moan moan moan
    Posted by SoLack
    hi solack.. i agree.  it would be good if we could be given a free pass.  after all, the league final is fast becoming the monthly highlight (brilliant last time) and i think skypoker would wish to include the top league players... and these are special circumstances after all. 

give us a pass.. go on, go on, go on

• edited September 2010

hi rich,

sent you a PM on this request.

best regards
    rob

• edited September 2010
    im in neither but think would be harsh for DTD to miss out! by attending a more expensive event for Sky they miss out on a freebie which they are entitled to? Strange one that

Maybe if they all threaten to de-register so they can play the free roll this may affect sky decision? im not instigating an uproar just saying if that happened and people said why then im sure it would be moved
  • edited September 2010
    im in neither but think would be harsh for DTD to miss out! by attending a more expensive event for Sky they miss out on a freebie which they are entitled to? Strange one that Maybe if they all threaten to de-register so they can play the free roll this may affect sky decision? im not instigating an uproar just saying if that happened and people said why then im sure it would be moved
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thanks for your support young_gun

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: League stars freeroll for September : thanks for your support young_gun
    Posted by aussie09
    Your welcome mate, not trying to stir just feel only fair
  • edited September 2010
    Well im in it but not going to DTD,so having said that i think you should all de-register in protest and give ME a better chance.

PS only kiddin and it wouldnt bother me if it is moved as it would be only fair imo,dav
  • edited September 2010
    Well im in it but not going to DTD,so having said that i think you should all de-register in protest and give ME a better chance. PS only kiddin and it wouldnt bother me if it is moved as it would be only fair imo,dav
    Posted by dav1964
    well im not in it so i think you shuold all give dtd a miss thus giving me a better chance..........
  • edited September 2010
    This still not sorted out?

It does not affect me as i aint going to dtd,but surely this tourney should be moved to next weekend so everyone eligible can play.
    I thought it would have been done by now.
  • edited September 2010
    This still not sorted out? It does not affect me as i aint going to dtd,but surely this tourney should be moved to next weekend so everyone eligible can play. I thought it would have been done by now.
    Posted by FINS
    +1 mate but i think its falling on deaf ears im afraid
  • edited September 2010
    SUITS!!!! WAKEY WAKEY
  • edited September 2010
    I've passed this on guys but i'm afraid no changes to the schedule will be made.

As stated earlier, changing the time/date of this may effect others and cause more complaints.

If your playing in either the SPT final of this freeroll then i wish you all the best of luck.