You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Blog - with a difference!

edited June 2011 in Poker Chat

Yes, I've Posted a Blog this morning, which is linked to this thread.

The whole purpose of this Thread is to get YOUR feedback on some changes Sky Poker have made to the way the software works, all of which are explained in the Blog.

The Blog is HERE 

Comments

• edited August 2010

....and, to remind you, there are the questions which the Blog asks.......

1) How is it for you? (Keep it clean, purlease!).

2) Feedback – Good and Bad.

3) Could you play as many tables as you wanted on the old version?

4) Can you play as many tables as you want now on the new version?

5) Any issues/bugs?

OK, I'll get the ball rolling!
  • edited August 2010

occasionally, when playing only one table, i have heard almost synchronised sounds from two tables.  i guess that this was due to the hidden mini view table running alongside.  i trust that has now a thing of the past.  hurrah!

• edited August 2010

I never had a problem before, as I rarely play more than 3 Tables at a time.

On my Desktop PC, I've never had "Script Errors" or table-loading issues, so it won't affect me there.

On my Lappie, which is slightly older than me, I did have some problems, which seem to have disappeared completely, I can now load as many Tables as I wish, no problemo.

I also use "Chrome" on my spare Lappie, which did cause me some headaches, & they seem to have been resolved now.

Issues & bugs? I'm not sure, though I did find that when I was typing stuff in the Chat Boxes whilst 3-Tabling, sometimes the chat never appeared. But that may have been my imagination. Or, err, optimisation. 

PS - I still don't know what "optimisation" is, but if it makes thinks better, it's fine by me.

A better word, though, would have been "betterisation". I prefer that.

You know when you've been betterised.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: New Blog - with a difference!:
    occasionally, when playing only one table, i have heard almost synchronised sounds from two tables.  i guess that this was due to the hidden mini view table running alongside.  i trust that has now a thing of the past.  hurrah!
    Posted by aussie09
    LOL I actually now get the double sound occasionally but I can live with it as I usually only play one table at a time.
  • edited August 2010
    i to have that double dinging noise, it was happening yesterday to. not a big problem by far, but it does make me wonder if i have had too much to drink!!. ps tables did load a bit quicker mind so all good. phil
  • edited August 2010
    When switching back to standard view from mini view all previous chat in the chat box disappears.
  • edited August 2010

1) Intial loading of tables in MTT's seems to be longer than before. They have all loaded for me though eventually.

2) The bottom of the screen once loaded is cut off at the very bottom. I have to go to options, enable large chat, then minimise again, to view and change the options in the summary box i.e. full detail/chat only etc etc.

3) The delay has come back on the notification of breaks in MTT's after the hour mark. This can be up to 30 - 45 seconds before you know a break has begun.

I am on Windows IE. XP, version 2002.
  • edited August 2010
    take it u dont like changes then maxally    lol

• edited August 2010
    happy days, i could only play 6 tables and when i loaded the 7th it all ran very slow and became unplayable.
    After talking to a few of the regs who play 10 tables i thought i would have to spend £1k on a gaming PC.
    Now i dont, made me smile ty.
    I currently have a 22' monitor, i cant run 2 off my current PC so i wanna just get one large one.  What screen do i need? i dont want to get a 30' monitor if it only makes everythin bigger. What screen reselution should i be looking at? is 1920 x 1080 or would 1920 x 1200 best?
  • edited August 2010
    1. A couple of problems related to the new client are here from beaneh and yb.

2. Sky Poker have also taken the opportunity to decrease the time a railed table stays open from 100 minutes to 30 minutes.  This has been raised here.

3. The problem mentioned in 1. by yb had been noted by myself previously.  There was mention of limiting the chat box entries that are stored in mini view so I'm running a test now to see if this has happened.  Either way this leads to one of two possibilities:
    i. When running in mini view for an extended period of time when you switch back to standard view it will repopulate the chat box, the longer you have been in mini view the more entries it has to populate.  On testing I found this would completely lock up your pc on a lower spec machine and if you are multi tabling will cause time outs on other tables.
    ii. If the chat box entries stored in mini view has been limited then you can't review what has happened or been said before the 'cut off' point.

Also, with the chat box issue if you have been playing on a table for an extended period of time and switch to mini view and back you will get the long lag as it is repopulated.

Performance wise the new 'optimised' client is much better.
  • edited August 2010
    1) Intial loading of tables in MTT's seems to be longer than before. They have all loaded for me though eventually. 2) The bottom of the screen once loaded is cut off at the very bottom. I have to go to options, enable large chat, then minimise again, to view and change the options in the summary box i.e. full detail/chat only etc etc. 3) The delay has come back on the notification of breaks in MTT's after the hour mark. This can be up to 30 - 45 seconds before you know a break has begun. I am on Windows IE. XP, version 2002.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I had major problems last night just playing one table, kept timing out i could be in a hand and raise then i will get re raised and the computer would just freeze until hand passed chips gone and the "im back button appears" . I thought my computer had froze again because nothing had happened for a minute or more so i re opened the table only to  find it was on break , and the count was down to 2mins where previous before i re opened there was no message or count so suggest break.
  • edited August 2010
    I used to get shocking lag on my laptop if I opened a third table, to such a point that when UTG, the timer would have run down before I saw my hole cards. This seems to have stopped, and I could happily play 4 the other night, so it gets the thumbs up from me :-)
  • edited August 2010
    never had this happen before moved table to even up tables, old table stays up then when eventually moved to new table been timed out.
  • edited August 2010
    It looks like the chat history when in ALL views has been limited to about 350 lines, so it won't cause a major performance hit when switching but you will lose the chat history from about 12 hands ago and before.
  • edited August 2010
    happy days, i could only play 6 tables and when i loaded the 7th it all ran very slow and became unplayable. After talking to a few of the regs who play 10 tables i thought i would have to spend £1k on a gaming PC. Now i dont, made me smile ty. I currently have a 22' monitor, i cant run 2 off my current PC so i wanna just get one large one.  What screen do i need? i dont want to get a 30' monitor if it only makes everythin bigger. What screen reselution should i be looking at? is 1920 x 1080 or would 1920 x 1200 best?
    Posted by freechips1
    1920 x 1080 will give you 3 and a bit by 2 tables on mini with no overlap.

If you can rotate your monitor into portrait mode (I have a LG W2442PA and it's ace) so the display is 1080 x 1920 then you can get 2 tables by 4 tables on mini with no overlap.

Sadly the extra 120 pixels of 1920x1200 doesn't give you much more useful space.

• edited August 2010
    Nope ......... no difference here. KK still being outdrawn by AQ  :o)
  • edited August 2010
    Not a major problem but once you have folded your cards switching views will make your cards disappear.
  • edited August 2010
    b l o o d y ell machka, i thought mere was the geekest person on here, (thats not a put down on mere by the way ,but he does know an awful lot of maths) but me old mucker thats an awful lot of computer knowledge you have for 1 person to handle!!!
  • edited August 2010
    b l o o d y ell machka, i thought mere was the geekest person on here, (thats not a put down on mere by the way ,but he does know an awful lot of maths) but me old mucker thats an awful lot of computer knowledge you have for 1 person to handle!!!
    Posted by pod1
    Just to put your mind at rest mate, Machka is Merenovice's son.

BTW, my post was just feedback as requested. I know I cannot complain about anything on here so it was defo just feedback, nothing more. :))
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by pod1
    :-)
  • edited August 2010
    For me, the tables load quicker so woohoo! The only probs i have now are to do with the chat box. Before when i wanted to chat all i needed to do was click somewhere on the table screen and type. Now i have to click on the exact spot in the chat box and it will be stopped every time i play as card, which means i have to click on the same spot again and try to continue my message before the next play. This is annoying as heck!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: New Blog - with a difference! : 1920 x 1080 will give you 3 and a bit by 2 tables on mini with no overlap. If you can rotate your monitor into portrait mode (I have a LG W2442PA and it's ace) so the display is 1080 x 1920 then you can get 2 tables by 4 tables on mini with no overlap. Sadly the extra 120 pixels of 1920x1200 doesn't give you much more useful space.   
    Posted by Machka
    thanks for that, is your screen 30'' ? what sort of price range am i looking at? will all 30'' monitors show it like this?

• edited August 2010
    for two whole years hundreds of people have had these problems, many of whom have given up and left the site-- did it really take the so called "technical team" two flopwit years to think up this simple solution ???--dur!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: New Blog - with a difference! : thanks for that, is your screen 30'' ? what sort of price range am i looking at? will all 30'' monitors show it like this?  
    Posted by freechips1
    Mine is a 24" but anything showing 1920x1080 will show like this.  Although not all can be rotated to portrait mode.

I think the next resolution up is normally
    2560 x 1600 but they come with a hefty price tag starting at about £800-£900 quid!

The one I'm using you can pick up for about £170 here.

• edited August 2010
    its a very small team nutter and they are using a zx81 and a vic 20 ( shows my age) to try and solve the problem!!
  • edited August 2010
    quick question machka, do you think i should up grade me black and white  portable, it plays havoc with seeing what cards i have especially with all the snow i get on me screen, and where do i get more floppy discs, cant find them anywhere now!
  • edited August 2010
    for two whole years hundreds of people have had these problems, many of whom have given up and left the site-- did it really take the so called "technical team" two flopwit years to think up this simple solution ???--dur!!!
    Posted by oynutter

+1  seems silly no one noticed that the king had no clothes on !
  • edited August 2010
    12 tabling on 1920x1220 is easy (for me on a 28" widescreen)

see below

If you line up 3 tables down the left of the screen with a slight overlap from the bottom one to the middle one and middle to top.

Then to line up the 2nd column across use the minimize/maximize/close button. you want it lining up half way across the maximize button :) Rinse repeat to go across.
  • edited August 2010
    quick question machka, do you think i should up grade me black and white  portable, it plays havoc with seeing what cards i have especially with all the snow i get on me screen, and where do i get more floppy discs, cant find them anywhere now!
    Posted by pod1
    It is an option but it does tend to take the guesswork and half the fun out of watching snooker.

Can you be more specific?  5 1/4", 3 1/2" or 3", single or double sided, standard density, double density or high density.  Actually it doesn't matter I have them all, I'll do you a good deal - no refunds.

btw - apologies to Tikay for hijacking this 'Optimised' thread for all this nattering but we are inadvertently bumping the thread!
  • edited August 2010
    its a very small team nutter and they are using a zx81 and a vic 20 ( shows my age) to try and solve the problem!!
    Posted by pod1
    Well--for flops sake, the technical queries section has been full of people having problems with more than one table open for two years now--- and we suddenly find out that everyone has been running twice as many tables as they are actually playing on, and completely unnecessarily at that!!-- flopwit stupid imho-- why the flup no-one considered this fix for two floppin years is completely beyond me--- Are we now supposed to have renewed faith in the technical team?--

unconvinced

Tunbridge Wells