You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

do you ever get staked?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010

Yeh 500% is pretty steep like lol.

But people seem to be reading the word "staking" and reacting as I do when I see a salad.

It aint that scary.

Theres a micro stakes player who uses the forum, but doesn't play on sky, Blackfish, who would crush every level on sky upto nl40, however he only plays for pennies,

If I was his mate, I could give him £800 to play cash on sky at nl40 and below, and say whatever the balance he can have at the end of the month, I take my 800 back, and we split the rest....

Ive no doubt I'll have made myself maybe 15 buy ins, £600, and he will have more than doubled his existing bankroll.

Happy days.

But im not his friend........
  • edited August 2010
    hahahaaha weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: do you ever get staked?:
    In Response to Re: do you ever get staked? : Hi M8y. I would gladly take your money if we only split the profit (if any) however, his mate has stipulated that he wants 500% R eturned O n his I nvestment so i'm not so sure I would want to take his money/stake.
    Posted by POKERTREV

i basically stand to make 40% of that 500% figure, so for ex - if i win £1k at the tables, ive freerolled my way to winning £400 for myself, 600 for my backer and the chance of repeat business.

i suppose i shoudve included some back story in this, but i didnt expect such a backlash, considering that backing/staking happens everywhere in the poker world.

My mate has done really well for himself with his own business and basically makes in a day what i make in a week, so regardless of what the nay sayers may think, the money will never come between us and our friendship. He has assured me of this. its not as if ill be defaulting on their mortgage if i go busto. But im assured theres no pressure, and no timeframe. Just try your best, play with no financial pressure like running scared at 4xnl50, 110DYM etc etc, and if i do well then he will continue to back me.

the reason he doesnt play with his own money? he's a complete novice and barely knows the rank of hands ffs!!!!

i dont see the big deal tbh. we're not talking nosebleed stakes here. although it would be fun to sit at a 300nl for a laff (kidding)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: do you ever get staked?:
    In Response to do you ever get staked? : I've no idea what "the Forum" will say, but my line is simple. Don't do it. PLEASE. There are a 100 reasons I could list why you should not do this, & no doubt, 100 people would disagree. Just say no.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i agree and there probably more than 100 reasons--
    and for every 1 of those reasons there are over 100 players left disillusioned and broke--

i have not read all this thread as yet but ive read this post from TK --
    and it would take many hours to explain but still young players do it anyway--
    The sands of the Nevada all the way from Vegas are filled with the graves of suicidal would be poker stars--

play with your own money in games you can afford--
    and maybe treat yourself now and again to a larger tournament--