You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOUNTY HUNTER 02/09/2010 - OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD

Comments

• edited September 2010

I got beat in 6 successive £10 Heads Up sit and go's yesterday by a guy who is $3,000 down playing heads up on sky poker......

But I would still most like to play in, and win the Heads up NLHE World championship. 

Think I've got a way to go yet though....    :(

U guys know of any books that specifically focus on heads up play?
  • edited September 2010

This is deja vu, i said deja vu.

In the 8pm Bounty Hunter my 2 pair gets knocked out by NIGHIGHGUN.  No worries.
    In the 830pm Bounty Hunter my 2 pair gets knocked out by NIGHIGHGUN.  No worries.

Deja vu i reckon.

Can you bar NIGHHIGHGUN from the 930pm Bounty Hunter please?

• edited September 2010
    Cheers for mentions :-)  I'm now out KQ<22.  the mistake was a hand a few earlier with a badly played QJ.  I attempted a value bet bluff on the river and the other player was a non believer who put me all in so I had to fold and play with a shoving stack.
  • edited September 2010

have a look at my last 5 hands zero to hero

• edited September 2010
    Hi - just saw a hand where Boat race got advised to go all - in with his 375 chips rather than raise to 150 which he did. I thought he played it well if he decided this was the hand to play no matter what. He needed a double up and invited other players into the pot as they call light on BH. IMO he decided to gamble with that hand and would have gone all in on the turn no matter what so I thought he played it well - Just my opinion
  • edited September 2010

this is a good hand 286628050
  • edited September 2010

Tikay only goes past the rails to get all the fabulous stuff he gets for us here in the forum, bless him . We love you Tikay and appreciate all your hard work! xxx
  • edited September 2010

james 4 plates of biscuits at least
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to BOUNTY HUNTER 02/09/2010 - OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD:

Hya to you both in the studio.

As you can see I am new here and enjoying the experience and may be permanently moving over from "Jokerstars"

I do have a question which you guys maybe able to help with although you have no need to air it live!!

Please ask your techies: Is there any way one can increase the size of the Java poker screen as i fnd it rather small for my ailing eyesight.

Have a good evening and, yes, i got knocked out of the bounty early doors.. oh well

Magicalman
  • edited September 2010
    One Christmas I had promised my son that he will get anything he wants for Christmas.  He wanted the most popular action figure of the year "Turbo Man".  I completely forgot to get one and had to rush out Christmas Eve only to find out it's sold out everywhere.  Since I didn't want to let him down I went on a quest to track down a "Turbo Man" action figure, and stopped at nothing to get it.

Oh, actually, that was Jingle All The Way starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER 02/09/2010 - OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD:
    In Response to BOUNTY HUNTER 02/09/2010 - OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD : Hya to you both in the studio. As you can see I am new here and enjoying the experience and may be permanently moving over from "Jokerstars" I do have a question which you guys maybe able to help with although you have no need to air it live!! Please ask your techies: Is there any way one can increase the size of the Java poker screen as i fnd it rather small for my ailing eyesight. Have a good evening and, yes, i got knocked out of the bounty early doors.. oh well Magicalman
    Posted by Magicalman
    Take a look at the post HERE Magicalman a similar problem with a few suggestions.
  • edited September 2010

I would love to play an EPT event probably London, because i don't like flying or long journeys, and make the final table, just so James has to commentate on my terrible play without laughing and be constructive. lol.

oh and the couple of hundred thousand Euros would help!

• edited September 2010

3 pocket pairs - v ul

• edited September 2010
    I would love to be entered into a Omhah PL at the WPT
  • edited September 2010
     If i was given free entry to any tourny then it would have to be the $50,000 WSOP HORSE event. For me this would be the ultimate tournament with all your poker skills tested to the max. If this tourny has only one drawback it is the big buyin which narrows the field too much. But still HORSE is the true test of the serious poker player.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2010
    There is never a right time in a tourny to be limping imo.
  • edited September 2010
    TK/James thanks for discussing my post, - TK you wouldn't have beaten my Nan at Kalooki, you might now as she died a couple of years ago but in her hey day she'd have had you in her pini. Good show by the way as always
  • edited September 2010
    have a look at this  hand did as the old man said and came second 286643513
  • edited September 2010
    james check your pms re star wars or et as tikers said
  • edited September 2010
    Machka,

I actually use a Mac so the thread didn't directly help however thank you for your feedback and... if anyone out there uses a MAC then i have found out how to magnify the screen which is "ALT,apple, +" and "ALT, Apple, -" to shrink! Assuming you have this turned on in setup preferences.

So thank you for your help, greatly appreciated!!

Magicalman
  • edited September 2010
    Lowestoft most easterly point- The Darkness are from there.
  • edited September 2010
    Was my opponant correct to call in a BH format?

Probably imo, because he had enuf behind, but still risky innit

Hand History #286643916 (21:24 02/09/2010)

• edited September 2010
    Tikay,

In answer to you question I have no star sign as it's non scientific nonsense :-)

However if we are to believe a work college of mine being Virgo means we are pedantic and methodical.

I completely agree with James about it being good to own up to mistakes and bad play.  if we dont think "where have I gone wrong?" then we we will never become better players.  

On the plus side i came 3rd in TOTTY last night so all is not lost. :-)
  • edited September 2010

Evening Harry Potter (Sorry Mr Hartigan lol) and some old bloke!!.....

Gotta love the winner of UK's biggest wind up merchant of the year 1476 on some superb form tonight despite swearing live on-air with that Y word that has nearly bursted my ear drums so many thanks for that!.

I'm very surprised Tikay has not mentioned how fabulous his exit hand was in last Fridays Take on Tikay and believe me it was VINTAGE STUFF!! :)

Anyway great show gents and ill see you both at Nottingham next weekend!

All the best,
    Craig

• edited September 2010

hi james and the old man

came late to the game tonight
    and took something Simon trumper said on Monday and took it to the limit what i did was pushed to the limit i should have stopped when i was well in front. i only played tonight for a bit of fun. i am not playing poker again until spt POKERED OUT
    DAI

• edited September 2010

nice to see ed giddins and lisa-marie opppppppppps sorry forget to put my glasses on

• edited September 2010
    Agree with Tikay. Happened to be reading the Sky Poker mag the other night, specifically Tikay's top 5 tips. Some sublinimal messaging must have been at work (Also, limp less please) as I began raising pre-flop whenever I had nice playable cards. I won 4 out 5 of the following hands and did more than double up. (Also limp less please). The stats speak for themselves....
  • edited September 2010

Link to tikay's Blog where Jake Cody Doubled up.

I must beat Machka to this.

• ybyb
    edited September 2010
    On the topic of limping preflop, all I can think is that people are scared to raise as the pot size might get out of control. But this is the wrong way to think imo because you're only giving yourself one way of winning (ie by hitting) and you will miss alot more than you hit. A passive style in any form of poker is not profitable in the long run.

In the bounty hounter earlier I saw people limping in in multiway pots with hands like 99,TT,QQ etc and it just tilts me sooooo bad.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi guys thanks for showing that hand.

tikay, i did not ask for that hand just because i lost the pot! I asked because i genuinely wasn't sure at that point if it was the correct call.

I now think it was the correct call in a bounty hunter situation because he had 6000 behind if he lost and he had the chance to take 2 bounties.

I shoved because i wanted the call, i knew i was likely to be ahead when i shoved and thats all that matters

Good luck him he has 11 bounties and counting...

P.S love the pink jay cloth shirt tikay:)