You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Ive regd for the 4th game but had no e-mail so am unsure which team i am in
  • edited September 2010
    dav1964 - no problem, you are on 'The Yellows', enjoy!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership:
    as stated before i do not see anywhere the details of how this is going to be played?????
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry kb245, you can find all details on the format here

Hope that helps, and good luck in the tournaments.

Lee
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership:
    OnlyOneCT - You are on 'The Oranges'
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Thank-you Lee!
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry kb245, you can find all details on the format here Hope that helps, and good luck in the tournaments. Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    already read that.it does not answer my question:((((((((((((((((
  • edited September 2010
    Hi kb245,

There aren't any special avatars unfortunately, it's just a normal tournament structure, the top 30 places will earn points. If your team wins more points overall in that tournament that is classed as a win and your team gets 3 points.
    The winning team overall will be the team with the most points.

A list of team members is also going to be published so you know who is on your team.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited September 2010
    Hi kb245, There aren't any special avatars unfortunately, it's just a normal tournament structure, the top 30 places will earn points. If your team wins more points overall in that tournament that is classed as a win and your team gets 3 points. The winning team overall will be the team with the most points. A list of team members is also going to be published so you know who is on your team. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Will this be in play or just a list on the forum somewhere?

Would it not be possible to colour players avatars with designated team colour? (with Sky team having the logo across theirs).

I understand that this is a freeroll and there may be technical reasons for not doing this but it just makes common sense to me.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership : Will this be in play or just a list on the forum somewhere? Would it not be possible to colour players avatars with designated team colour? (with Sky team having the logo across theirs). I understand that this is a freeroll and there may be technical reasons for not doing this but it just makes common sense to me.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    finally  somebody understands me!!!!!!!!!!!HOORAHH!!!!!!!!!!
    so sky lee u are saying u wiil print a list of team members. what are we supposed to do keep checking the list while we are playing.not satisfactory me thinks:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( 
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, having specific team avatars will not be possible as there simply isn't enough time to get this developed, maybe down the line this will be possible when we do this again.
    We are looking at providing possible badges on avatars here in the community.
    This is a free competition and these team competitions have worked fine in the past.
    You can also chat to each other on the tables to know team members etc..

Sky Jack will post the team lists here in the forum which you can refer to.
    Sorry that not everything is in place that you are asking for, but hopefully you will enjoy the tournaments.

Best of luck
    Lee

• edited September 2010

So.....what team are you on Sky Lee????.......:)))))

Hopefully, some common sense ideas can be implemented before the commencement of this type of tournaments in the future!

This 'suggestion' was put forward after the 1st TKO event by me and several others. 

Good luck to you all in the Sky team but as you are playing the GREEN ARMY 1st game, you are probably going to be bottom of the league tomorrow!
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Guys, Unfortunately, having specific team avatars will not be possible as there simply isn't enough time to get this developed, maybe down the line this will be possible when we do this again. We are looking at providing possible badges on avatars here in the community. This is a free competition and these team competitions have worked fine in the past. You can also chat to each other on the tables to know team members etc.. Sky Jack will post the team lists here in the forum which you can refer to. Sorry that not everything is in place that you are asking for, but hopefully you will enjoy the tournaments. Best of luck Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    havent had time to get this developed.r u avin a laugh when did u decide to run this tourny.YESTERDAY.
  • edited September 2010
    come on u whites!

less than 6 hours to kick off - will keep checking back for the team list.

Sky_Lee, any idea to structure yet? blinds etc 6 or 10 seater tables?....I know it doesnt really matter...wud be nice to know in advance tho - or am i being a little bit an a l? probably....lol

Regards

Si
  • edited September 2010
    Well i don't think you'll need to refer to a list to find out Maxally!

I wouldn't bore you with the details kb245 but there is a lot more involved than you'd think and you have to understand the amount of ongoing projects/developments that impact other areas, and the prioritisation that has to be given.

Sky Jack is going to post each individual team list on their individual thread in the forum, so it should be quite easy to refer to.
    Sorry it's not the answer you're really wanting.

Regards

Lee
  • edited September 2010
    Hi silkworm,

The tournaments are in the lobby and if you go into the tournament lobby you can see the structure.

Good Luck!

Lee
  • edited September 2010
    6 seater tables by the way...
  • edited September 2010
    come on u whites! less than 6 hours to kick off - will keep checking back for the team list. Sky_Lee, any idea to structure yet? blinds etc 6 or 10 seater tables?....I know it doesnt really matter...wud be nice to know in advance tho - or am i being a little bit an a l? probably....lol Regards Si
    Posted by silkworm1
    Looking at our games' lobby silkworm you don't appear to have registered as at 2.35pm 

-------------------------------

It'll Be All White on The Night
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership : Looking at our games' lobby silkworm you don't appear to have registered as at 2.35pm  ------------------------------- It'll Be All White on The Night
    Posted by Dud_Butini
    thats a worry - as ive had both email and text message. Is it possible im loosing the plot?

Will check now
  • edited September 2010
    well, what a c o ck up that is!

I must say im a bit dissapointed - been looking forward to this!

Suppose its too late to do anything about now - Would anyone like to see my confirmation email? I can forward the text message.....

You know - I can take a bad beat etc and type n1 or wd in the chat, but as i say, i am dissappointed.

Never mind. move on

Si

• edited September 2010
    Don't forget that you do have to actually register for the tournament, you are not automatically entered, each team member is put in to the tournament as an invite so they have to confirm that they are playing by registering in the tournament lobby.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited September 2010
    Yes I should have worded that better to Silkworm

You just need to visit the free roll lobby and register for the game.

Automatically putting everyone in would increase the usual number of "aways" which is a, shall we say, touchy subject from time to time!!!

Get yersen in Si ......and good luck!
  • edited September 2010
    so, i spat my dummy out for no reason....

don't I feel the clown!

sry - didnt realise, I thought that had been done when I entered the code in free bets.
    I take it we all have to register for each individual game fixture then.

thanks guys

Si
  • edited September 2010
    so, i spat my dummy out for no reason.... don't I feel the clown! sry - didnt realise, I thought that had been done when I entered the code in free bets. I take it we all have to register for each individual game fixture then. thanks guys Si
    Posted by silkworm1
    No probs Si.

Yes you'll need to sign up for each fixture in turn - as I say I think the main reason is to keep down the number of "aways"

Not everyone will be available for every game so the aways could (as always) be high. Some folks hate to be surrounded by aways; others arn't so fussed.

A definite marmite subject on the forum.

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership : Nice One!! Me Too!! "O When the Reds, Go Marching In....!!!" Looks like a few Reds Already posted, Great, When first game?? PS. I got text last nite, not seen an e-mail PPS. spose Fulham did have a Red away kit once!! PPPS. I would have resigned if put in the B..B...Bl......u...e team, Cant even say it!! LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Our first game is 8:30 tonite (v the oranges).
    Not sure if i'm able to play yet, so might see you on the final table ;)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Calling all Team Poker Fans - Check out - Sky Poker Premiership : Our first game is 8:30 tonite (v the oranges). Not sure if i'm able to play yet, so might see you on the final table ;)
    Posted by Furniss1
    Great Furniss1, do your best hope to see you make it!!

We got a couple of REDTHREADS going, join in, see sky poker tourneys section!!

Lets get this Red thang ROLLIN!!!

GOOD LUCK & Welcome Brother!
  • edited September 2010

IN IN THE BLUE TEAM COME ON THE BLUES :)

• edited September 2010
    SKY-RICH???????

Why are there 2 x draws in the league table, when it lokks like there where 'results' to me??

Is it 10+ clear points for a win or something??
  • edited September 2010
    SKY-RICH??????? Why are there 2 x draws in the league table, when it lokks like there where 'results' to me?? Is it 10+ clear points for a win or something??
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

READING the RULES FTW :)))  and no mention of last night's result! (stoke v fulham......hee hee)

56 or more points = WIN (3 points)
    44-55 points = DRAW (1 point)
    44 or less = LOSE (nil points......zero.....zilch......nadda!)

• edited September 2010
    Take a look here Hitman...
  • edited September 2010
    Take a look here Hitman...
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    AHHH!! I See, ty both, I do get easily confused!! Now I Understand why we are EQUAL TOP of the league!!!
    Holding a Champions league spot BY TWO CLEAR points, lol  REDARMY!!!

Yes Max, We did lose 2-0, not a major worry to Fulham i would guess!

Most concerning tho, the poss break suffered by Moassa Dembele, defo the most gifted natural footballer i have seen 'LIVE' since first seeing Brady, Cantona, Le Tissier, Fabragas, Rooney, Berbatov, Iniesta....Pure Class, Honest!!