You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update:
    Rob Shiels
    Posted by SPT
    haha this aint me
  • edited September 2010
    Well played bobbycat, cheers SPT loved the updates which have been catching up on all weekend

Im definately playing one of these next year you have been warned
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    The winner was 20 years old

Competition therefore 20+169=189

Someone find me the winner...please!
  • edited September 2010
    On 1st page of thread ...... Dollie got it 189 exactly.
  • edited September 2010
    On 1st page of thread ...... Dollie got it 189 exactly.
    Posted by bigbiker22
    That's fantastic! Dollie deserves some luck after his beat at the tournament!
  • SPTSPT
    edited September 2010
    thanks

Dollie, Sky Poker will be in touch
  • edited September 2010
    Great coverage spt. well played all. i played my 1st live event at circus liverpool on friday night, 99 runners £25 buy in, and wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i won, bring on next years spt CANT WAIT. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lorraine,     AKA   soon to be, MRS BUDGIRL
  • edited September 2010
    Congrats to bobbycat and wd to all the players. Thanks to the superb SPT and the delectable Sky Dave for the great coverage of the event. Thanks also to all the behind the scenes crew
  • edited September 2010
    well done to everyone and thanks to sky for the updates!
  • edited September 2010
    IThanks for your support m88n Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update:
    winner?  still crossed fingers for andrew garland..  andrew1947
    Posted by aussie09
  • edited September 2010
    Andrew, was a pleasure to play with / against you, and so pleased to see you make the final table. A gent (even if we both missed the straight).
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : WOW. What a fairytale story. Fantastic win for a 1st time. Very Very well played! Do you have to be called Rob to win the Grand Final??? Watch Out Vegas!!!
    Posted by WAINBARBER
    A fairytale indeed! this guy was on my table and in the first two levels he was running so good,getting fullhouse over fullhouse straights e.t.c,
    the funny thing is he was sat in the wrong seat!(not his fault) he came 5 mins late and was directed to his seat,then about an hour later some guy came over to take his seat but he was sat in it........fate i recon!.

he was/is a very good player and the win is well deserved.
     congrats rob........dave
  • edited September 2010
    Great updates - thank you.

WD to all who cashed esp the regulars Big Shann, Eyeman & Solar
  • edited September 2010
     I HAD A GREAT TIME ,SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SKY TEAM.
  • edited September 2010
    Dylan nutter looks like me not the other way around.

Gotta love Mickjenn though, walks up stops, turns and says 

'yeah you need a haircut fella' 

and off he wanders

LEG  END!!!!!

Oh yeah and Jamielou pwned me in the 50 freezeout boooooooooooooooooo :-(
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : A fairytale indeed! this guy was on my table and in the first two levels he was running so good,getting fullhouse over fullhouse straights e.t.c, the funny thing is he was sat in the wrong seat!(not his fault) he came 5 mins late and was directed to his seat,then about an hour later some guy came over to take his seat but he was sat in it........fate i recon!. he was/is a very good player and the win is well deserved.  congrats rob........dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    What can i say, very well played Rob, i was the guy siting to your right on day 1, when you hit a set of 666,s with your Q6 you called with :) you played very well and i take my hat of to you,
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all thanks for your support on here.  Not been playing for a few months due to being skint but had a great weekend at DTD.  Played 2 turneys and final tabled both. 5th out of 107 on Friday night in the £60 f/out for £550, and then 9th (I will win one soon I am sure) in the ME for £1K.  So I will now be back on the tables, so some more free money for scotty/ chirpy/ beaneh et al.

DTD was great and all the Sky Poker guys were amazing as ever.  

And a special thankyou to TK who fell foul to my bad play on Fri night.  Fancy calling my shove with KK. 
  • edited September 2010
    Am wondering if you are planning to televise any of the footage from the weekend, and if so could you let me know when?
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all thanks for your support on here.  Not been playing for a few months due to being skint but had a great weekend at DTD.  Played 2 turneys and final tabled both. 5th out of 107 on Friday night in the £60 f/out for £550, and then 9th (I will win one soon I am sure) in the ME for £1K.  So I will now be back on the tables, so some more free money for scotty/ chirpy/ beaneh et al. DTD was great and all the Sky Poker guys were amazing as ever.   And a special thankyou to TK who fell foul to my bad play on Fri night.  Fancy calling my shove with KK. 
    Posted by BIGSHANN

you did very well not to go mental with Coxy to your left for so long sir. I don't know how you handled it!!!! 

Grats on your scores! Gl at the tables :)
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : you did very well not to go mental with Coxy to your left for so long sir. I don't know how you handled it!!!!  Grats on your scores! Gl at the tables :)
    Posted by beaneh
    Several pints of Fosters helped!  

• edited September 2010

A brilliant weekend well orgainsed and a lot of fun, congrats to Rob a well deserved winner!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    I just wanted to say that the weekend was absolutely amazing!!  Had my mind on nothing else all day except re-living it.

Amazed that I made it to 12th against so many good players.  A pleasure to play against BIGSHANN again - a great player along with many others.  Can't wait for the new tour to start.

So many others I could mention too but so little time...

Thanks to all at Sky for an amzing weekend I won't be forgetting in a hurry!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : Several pints of Fosters helped!  
    Posted by BIGSHANN

looool coxy forced it upon you im sure!!!!
  • edited September 2010

best poker final ever for me i came 27th just made it thanks to everyone see you all there next year

• edited September 2010
    You played a great game man, made life very tough for me- glad you cashed, was also glad when I got moved away from you :p
  • edited September 2010
    best poker final ever for me i came 27th just made it thanks to everyone see you all there next year
    Posted by wingman2
    Great performance from you and well deserved cash, was a relief to limp in to the top 27, I amazingly managed 20th. 

We had a very good table going there, helped!!

Dave
  • edited September 2010
    good to meet some of u lot good group of people see u there next year im the one who was sat at the side of sollarcarro
  • edited September 2010
    good to meet some of u lot good group of people see u there next year im the one who was sat at the side of sollarcarro
    Posted by astra-gte
    Hi Dave

Well played mate, was gutted your cards dried up and on your first attempt to double met a bigger hand, was a privelege to play with you, see you again!!

Dave
  • edited September 2010
    Hi All,
    Here's my evaluation of the weekend.
    Main Event - another success, great structure
    Venue - Brilliant
    Commentary - between the two of them (Tikay and Simon Trumper), funny and informative
    Other good points - the way the tourney was run, the Sky Team(all of them)great, meeting up with old mates and some new ones.
    BUT, not what i and other would call a normal Sky event.
    There was NO real sit n go action (which is a MAJOR part of the SPT), this was down to the fact that there was not enough dealers at DTD, due to other commitments, and the strict house rule is no self dealt games.
    I totally understand this, but because of this there were big periods of inactivity by those who were out. I know that this comes across as a whinge but myself and others had booked 2 nights accommodation, with the thought that if we went out early then we could play sit n gos all day.
    Next year i am only booking 1 nights accommodation and seeing if i get through, and if there is no sit n gos then clear off.
    PLEASE REMEMBER THIS NOT A WHINGE AGAINST SKY OR DTD, just an observation, and i was not alone in my disappointment at the sit n go situation.
    Congratulations to all the players who cashed and i look forward to seeing you all next year.

col
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final: Live Update : Hi Dave Well played mate, was gutted your cards dried up and on your first attempt to double met a bigger hand, was a privelege to play with you, see you again!! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

thank u for your kind words m8 would loved to cash but after being card dead for 3/4 hours late on sat nite i needed to doulbe up on sunday early so when i saw a/j it was olways going in the middle but walked in to the Qs lol