You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a sky security query

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

last month a new name won the poker league and (having played a significant number of hands with them) seemingly crushed the games between 10p-20p and 50p-£1 (maybe higher).  so far this month that same player has  less than 1% of the points they accumulated last month.  sky no longer make previous month's poker leagues available which prevents me from spotting any other random players who come and go in such spectacular style

i wont name the player because i know sky dont like that but the player i am referring to played up to 14 tables simultaneously.  for someone to have a set up with that sort of capabilities suggests they have invested a lot of money and practice at mass multi tabling.

i can think of another handful of players with similar characteristics and will happily name them if sky asks/allows me.

my concerns are:
why would a player who was crushing the games suddenly quit?
what measures does sky have to ensure that this was not a poker bot?
at least i suspect multi accounting.  what are sky doing to stop this?

sorry if this is all a bit area 51 but i simply dont believe that players turn up, crush, then quit.  from what i can work out it looks like this player literally played in august...not before and a handful of hands after.

Hey

If you, or anyone else suspect anyone of multiaccounting, please report it to Customer Care who will pass it onto the relevant people to look at it, it serves no useful perpose to use the Forum.

Thank you for your understanding

Sky Mod

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to a sky security query:
    last month a new name won the poker league and (having played a significant number of hands with them) seemingly crushed the games between 10p-20p and 50p-£1 (maybe higher).  so far this month that same player has  less than 1% of the points they accumulated last month.  sky no longer make previous month's poker leagues available which prevents me from spotting any other random players who come and go in such spectacular style i wont name the player because i know sky dont like that but the player i am referring to played up to 14 tables simultaneously.  for someone to have a set up with that sort of capabilities suggests they have invested a lot of money and practice at mass multi tabling. i can think of another handful of players with similar characteristics and will happily name them if sky asks/allows me. my concerns are: why would a player who was crushing the games suddenly quit? what measures does sky have to ensure that this was not a poker bot? at least i suspect multi accounting.  what are sky doing to stop this? sorry if this is all a bit area 51 but i simply dont believe that players turn up, crush, then quit.  from what i can work out it looks like this player literally played in august...not before and a handful of hands after.
    Posted by huuuuume

Contact customer care with your concerns and the name of the player and they will investigate and answer your questions.

Well done for not mentioning the name(s) on the forum.

• edited September 2010
    I, and many other regs on the site, suspected a very well known player of multi-accounting.

The issue was looked into by Sky and apparently they couldn't get enough evidence.

I think I know the guy you are talking about, I reckon he's been thru at least 2/3 other IDs and he is now back to his normal one...in fact he posts on the forum now and then.

One think I am certain of tho is that it isn't a bot lol.
  • edited September 2010
    i played this person in the league stars game and they did speak so i doubt they are a bot!!!

maybe they just fancied trying to win it for a month????

you must need to play so many tables and play so many hours to win the league id say maybe this month they are having a break.........................
  • edited September 2010
    i played this person in the league stars game and they did speak so i doubt they are a bot!!!

maybe they just fancied trying to win it for a month????

you must need to play so many tables and play so many hours to win the league id say maybe this month they are having a break.........................
  • edited September 2010

I spoke to him he said he'd cashed out coz the site was "rigged for action"

He said he was 1.8k up in 2 weeks playing 10 hours a day.

Y not name him? he aint done owt wrong?????

no1 else plays 14 tables like he did......

• edited September 2010

im with scotty on this one. 

i think this is definitely a case of multi accounting.

worries me that sky havent done anything though

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query:
    im with scotty on this one.  i think this is definitely a case of multi accounting. worries me that sky havent done anything though
    Posted by huuuuume
    Unless you report your suspicions directly to sky (using customer care) they won't.
  • edited September 2010

got into trouble with naming names before

now im a good boy and get a sarcastic well done from greghogg lol

i didnt reallly suspect bot but would be very interested to know what sky does security wise...i have contacted before and if im honest i dont have a lot of faith in them

• edited September 2010
    Prob just a reg set up a new account to get new player bonus etc etc
  • edited September 2010
    got into trouble with naming names before now im a good boy and get a sarcastic well done from greghogg lol i didnt reallly suspect bot but would be very interested to know what sky does security wise...i have contacted before and if im honest i dont have a lot of faith in them
    Posted by huuuuume
    it wasn't sarcastic, it was refreshing not to see a name mentioned

As for not having faith in them, i had a recent issue that was resolved quite quickly, and fairly. So try it, you might be surprised.
  • edited September 2010
    I spoke to him he said he'd cashed out coz the site was "rigged for action" He said he was 1.8k up in 2 weeks playing 10 hours a day. Y not name him? he aint done owt wrong????? no1 else plays 14 tables like he did......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol

and bd if that is the case it's deffo not ok.
  • edited September 2010
    I spoke to him he said he'd cashed out coz the site was "rigged for action" He said he was 1.8k up in 2 weeks playing 10 hours a day. Y not name him? he aint done owt wrong????? no1 else plays 14 tables like he did......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    surely if you play 10+ tables for 10 hours a day you will get loads of action hands??????
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    surely if you play 10+ tables for 10 hours a day you will get loads of action hands??????
  • edited September 2010
    At the risk of sounding like Tikay, this thread serves absolutely no purpose.

huuuuume - if you have cause for concern, please contact Customer Care.  Sky Poker takes allegations of collusion and multi-accounting very seriously and the appropriate department will investigate.
  • edited September 2010
    At the risk of sounding like Tikay, this thread serves absolutely no purpose. huuuuume - if you have cause for concern, please contact Customer Care.  Sky Poker takes allegations of collusion and multi-accounting very seriously and the appropriate department will investigate.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    i disagree that it doesn't serve a purpose, as it shows sky how strongly users of the site feel about this issue.

as long as people aren't named, and thus potentially falsely accused, then whats the harm in having a discussion about it?
  • edited September 2010
    *see edited first post*

Thank you

Sky Mod
  • edited September 2010
    At the risk of sounding like Tikay, this thread serves absolutely no purpose. huuuuume - if you have cause for concern, please contact Customer Care.  Sky Poker takes allegations of collusion and multi-accounting very seriously and the appropriate department will investigate.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    How many threads on here DO serve a purpose?
  • edited September 2010
    Prob just a reg set up a new account to get new player bonus etc etc
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I thought this at first, but when I worked out how many points he was averaging per day, then worked out how much he would have by the end of the month if he continued at that rate.
    He would have only made about £100 extra at the end of the month as it is capped at £1k.

This is assuming of course that the cfp bonus starts after u have cleared the new player bonus and doesnt run alongside it.

The guy ur talkin about is a machine, ive even seen him put stuff in chatbox while 14 tabling lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : i disagree that it doesn't serve a purpose, as it shows sky how strongly users of the site feel about this issue. as long as people aren't named, and thus potentially falsely accused, then whats the harm in having a discussion about it?
    Posted by scotty77
    As you clearly say 'as long as people aren't named' we should be ALLOWED to discuss whatever we want.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

so you win and the complain it's rigged for action?

LOOOOOOOOOL

[  ] makes sense.

Fwiw if you're going to grind one month to try and get cash for points higher echelons you kinda don't feel like it the month after! so no surprise to see someone play all of one month then not the next. 

however security has to be taken seriously, even 'just' multi accounting/bonus whor1ng.  There are definitely people who do this on sky..............

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : i disagree that it doesn't serve a purpose, as it shows sky how strongly users of the site feel about this issue. as long as people aren't named, and thus potentially falsely accused, then whats the harm in having a discussion about it?
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
  • edited September 2010
    This guy had a very unique game and i believe he was a genuine new player. I havent seen anyone that plays like him before. Also he never played higher than 50nl and he certainly wasnt crushing the game for the amount of hands he was playing.
  • edited September 2010
    My sympathy lies with poor old huuuuume, jeezzzzz, even Forest Gump has a purpose!!
  • edited September 2010
    This guy had a very unique game and i believe he was a genuine new player. I havent seen anyone that plays like him before. Also he never played higher than 50nl and he certainly wasnt crushing the game for the amount of hands he was playing.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    This is true.  I thought £1.8k was a lot at first but I made £1.3k in August and I was playing nowhere near the amount of volume he was playing, in both hours and amount of tables, but then again he wouldve had £2k + in cfp payments.........hang on a sec, he made £3.8k in a month, then left because the site was rigged ??
    Something somewhere doesnt add up
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    James, you DREAM of soundng like me! And looking like me, I expect.

As to the Thread, it depends upon the motive for the thread. If it is a genuine concern - & I'm sure it is - then the quickest, & EASILY most effective way of solving it is to send it to Customer Care. There is not a shadow of doubt about that - none whatsoever. A Forum debate is fine & dandy, but if players think there is a problem, the Forum cannot solve it - it needs sending to Customer Care. 

I will now do that, this moment, & I have no doubt they will contact those who have made the allegations if they see fit.

Sky WANT to keep the site clean, but players need to do their bit, too, by alerting Customer Care of any suspicions.
  • edited September 2010

I have now sent the Thread to Head Office.
  • edited September 2010
    thanks tikay.

the thread is worth a lot more than me just sending a single email.  there are a lot of reputable players in this thread who have made contributions which in my opinion definitely make it worthwhile opening up to the forums.

like mahony said above it didnt make sense that a successful player played for just the single month, especially if he seemingly won 3.8k in that month (45.6k a year).  it doesnt add up

when opening a new thread it says 'start a new discussion' and thats what i did and thankfully a discussion is all it ever has been. 
  • edited September 2010
    thanks tikay. the thread is worth a lot more than me just sending a single email.  there are a lot of reputable players in this thread who have made contributions which in my opinion definitely make it worthwhile opening up to the forums. like mahony said above it didnt make sense that a successful player played for just the single month, especially if he seemingly won 3.8k in that month (45.6k a year).  it doesnt add up when opening a new thread it says 'start a new discussion' and thats what i did and thankfully a discussion is all it ever has been. 
    Posted by huuuuume

he wouldn't win like that every month lol.

poker sucks!! there is all this luck stuff involved.

For me personally I think it is important that threads are made like this (where no names are mentioned) and that sky can try and be as open as possible. I realise Sky will say they don't want to give our their techniques but tbh I am very unsure of what the sky security department entails with regards to poker especially when considering what sort of techniques would usually be used to uncover cheaters/suspect play.

Just in case sky peeps are looking at this who was it that I was speaking to as DTD SPT about the software/and other general stuff, we've spoken before I just cant for the life of me remember his name sowwwy!
  • edited September 2010
    Adam Harmer? 
  • edited September 2010
    Adam Harmer? 
    Posted by BrownnDog

Do you have a pic so I can check loooool

If I knew the name ida just typed it! ( I think he was absent on the Sunday too - something about being a lazy eejit)