You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a sky security query

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    maybe the person got annoyed with skys massive rake takeing, tryed it for a moth, then left.
  • edited September 2010
    £3800/25 days/10hrs a day = £15/hr

This is a brilliant example of why playing poker for a living really does suck balls!!!
  • edited September 2010
    If I had a good month like that i'd take the money and go on holiday for the next month.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query:
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : Do you have a pic so I can check loooool If I knew the name ida just typed it! ( I think he was absent on the Sunday too - something about being a lazy eejit)
    Posted by beaneh
    Hi Andrew,

I assume you mean me here? I don't think i've ever been referred to as lazy before... :-)

The stance of Sky Poker here is simple, as has been posted on here numerous times before, we are committed to providing a fun, safe and secure environment for all of our players to enjoy their poker. We don't tolerate any forms of fraud in our poker room, whether it be Chip Dumping, Collusion, Multi-accounting etc

If you suspect another user of foul play, then we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team, who will pass on details of your suspicions to our dedicated Fraud and Collusion team for investigation. It doesn't make any difference whether it's a £0.30 DYM or a £500 NL Regular, we treat all cases the same and carry out a thorough investigation. 

Our Fraud Team have many years experience in poker fraud investigations and have the power to suspend/close accounts, freeze/revoke winnings and permanently block users from returning to our site.

I can absolutely assure you, the OP and everyone else who has commented on this thread that if you raise your concerns through the appropriate channel then it will be investigated and dealt with.

As you are all aware, any allegations of fraud are serious, it is for this reason that we do not allow the discussion of individual cases on this forum, since you the community simply do not have access to all the facts and evidence in a case - which we will not divulge due to the Data Protection Act. This particular thread is borderline, since whilst the player has not been named, it is clear that many of you know the person who is seemingly being accused, so please take care with your posts.

It is the job of our fraud analysts to collate and review all applicable evidence, since they can review every action taken by every user on our site, throughout the entire history of the account.

To Re-iterate, if you have ANY suspicions of another player's wrong doing on Sky Poker then please refer it to C/Care and I can absolutely assure you it will be investigated. If you feel it is taking longer than you'd expect to resolve, Bearing in mind complex fraud investigations can require the analysis of hundreds if not thousands of hands, then feel free to contact C/Care again for an update. It is quite possible that our Fraud Team will also speak to you personally if deemed appropriate in that case.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited September 2010
    dude you look so different in the picture looool

epic.

I will pm you a response. :-)
  • edited September 2010
    thanks tikay. the thread is worth a lot more than me just sending a single email.  there are a lot of reputable players in this thread who have made contributions which in my opinion definitely make it worthwhile opening up to the forums. like mahony said above it didnt make sense that a successful player played for just the single month, especially if he seemingly won 3.8k in that month (45.6k a year).  it doesnt add up when opening a new thread it says 'start a new discussion' and thats what i did and thankfully a discussion is all it ever has been. 
    Posted by huuuuume
    As Adam has now stated, these cases are not discussed on the Forum, & for the very good reasons stated.

Your Post (the one I have quoted) is a good example of why, I have to say, as it makes a number of assumptions which are wholly inaccurate, & it's such assumptions that make the point. Other Posts have picked up on the incorrect assumptions now, & the story has gained legs all of it's own. False legs!

We can't play detective by "assuming" things we don't know.

• edited September 2010
    I, and many other regs on the site, suspected a very well known player of multi-accounting. The issue was looked into by Sky and apparently they couldn't get enough evidence. I think I know the guy you are talking about, I reckon he's been thru at least 2/3 other IDs and he is now back to his normal one...in fact he posts on the forum now and then. One think I am certain of tho is that it isn't a bot lol.
    Posted by scotty77
    I still refuse to believe that the case you brought up wasn't the same guy.
  • edited September 2010
    £3800/25 days/10hrs a day = £15/hr This is a brilliant example of why playing poker for a living really does suck balls!!!
    Posted by Patching99

are you being sarcastic here i cant tell? ;)

id love to make that kind of money sitting on my buttt all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strangly enough i make a living sitting on my buttt all day (hgv driver) and dont make that kind of money!!

plus hes getting that tax free!!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : I still refuse to believe that the case you brought up wasn't the same guy.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    um no one does lol except sky ofc
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : are you being sarcastic here i cant tell? ;) id love to make that kind of money sitting on my buttt all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! strangly enough i make a living sitting on my buttt all day (hgv driver) and dont make that kind of money!! plus hes getting that tax free!!
    Posted by donkeyplop

I think i'm in the minority but I like hgv drivers!!!

give us the ol flasheroo to say pull in you've passed our nose. lovely chappies :)

dont trust really any car drivers but normally have confidence in the hgv dudes. cept the ones with no load who are gunning up my bum in the avg speed camera zones!!! lol
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : Hi Andrew, I assume you mean me here? I don't think i've ever been referred to as lazy before... :-) The stance of Sky Poker here is simple, as has been posted on here numerous times before, we are committed to providing a fun, safe and secure environment for all of our players to enjoy their poker. We don't tolerate any forms of fraud in our poker room, whether it be Chip Dumping, Collusion, Multi-accounting etc If you suspect another user of foul play, then we encourage you to contact our Customer Care team, who will pass on details of your suspicions to our dedicated Fraud and Collusion team for investigation. It doesn't make any difference whether it's a £0.30 DYM or a £500 NL Regular, we treat all cases the same and carry out a thorough investigation.  Our Fraud Team have many years experience in poker fraud investigations and have the power to suspend/close accounts, freeze/revoke winnings and permanently block users from returning to our site. I can absolutely assure you, the OP and everyone else who has commented on this thread that if you raise your concerns through the appropriate channel then it will be investigated and dealt with. As you are all aware, any allegations of fraud are serious, it is for this reason that we do not allow the discussion of individual cases on this forum, since you the community simply do not have access to all the facts and evidence in a case - which we will not divulge due to the Data Protection Act. This particular thread is borderline, since whilst the player has not been named, it is clear that many of you know the person who is seemingly being accused, so please take care with your posts. It is the job of our fraud analysts to collate and review all applicable evidence, since they can review every action taken by every user on our site, throughout the entire history of the account. To Re-iterate, if you have ANY suspicions of another player's wrong doing on Sky Poker then please refer it to C/Care and I can absolutely assure you it will be investigated. If you feel it is taking longer than you'd expect to resolve, Bearing in mind complex fraud investigations can require the analysis of hundreds if not thousands of hands, then feel free to contact C/Care again for an update. It is quite possible that our Fraud Team will also speak to you personally if deemed appropriate in that case. Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    i won a tourney once,get the F-squad on to it
    just a bit of humour,only abit mind
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: a sky security query : are you being sarcastic here i cant tell? ;) id love to make that kind of money sitting on my buttt all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! strangly enough i make a living sitting on my buttt all day (hgv driver) and dont make that kind of money!! plus hes getting that tax free!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    No sarcasm intended mate.  I don't make that sort of money either but grinding 10 hours a day sounds truly awful.

Plus I only have 3BI left for NL4 so got to convince myself poker is for losers. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    lol!

well id rather sit here clicking a mouse for 10 hours than driving about for 10+ hours.

saying that ive been off work for over a month so come to think of it i have been clicking a mouse for quite a few hours a day!!