You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it me or are table manners old hat?????

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
                           I dont know if its just me but ive noticed that a lot of players now have forgotten that good manners dont cost money.Played tonight and at the start of the game and after breaks or if im moved to a new table i always say good luck to my fellow players,and not once tonight did any of these players have the good manners to even say "ty  u2 " or "u2".
                          Im begining to think that everyone else must be on mini view because not everyone can have bad manners or can they ???.I would be intrested to know if anyone else has the same view as me .Thank you .

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I have terrible manners but I also use table view.

If I see someone say gl I will always try and wish them it back too!! (I never mean it tho ahhahahaah)
  • edited September 2010
    i was on mini view dunna fret
  • edited September 2010
    Thank you Stoke i know you were at least you came on to the table and said thank you ,so thank you LOL.
  • edited September 2010
     It depends what kind of mood Im in wether I reply to anything to be honest. I will never wish anyone else gl while Im playing or say sorry when I outdraw someone because I just wont mean it. I will often say Hi or Howdy and answer a direct question or say ty if someone says well played or nice hand or calls me an idiot or such!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Is it me or are table manners old hat?????:
                               I dont know if its just me but ive noticed that a lot of players now have forgotten that good manners dont cost money.Played tonight and at the start of the game and after breaks or if im moved to a new table i always say good luck to my fellow players,and not once tonight did any of these players have the good manners to even say "ty  u2 " or "u2".                           Im begining to think that everyone else must be on mini view because not everyone can have bad manners or can they ???.I would be intrested to know if anyone else has the same view as me .Thank you .
    Posted by chew07
     I'm with you chew07 I will always reply and say  "gl all" if someone says it, I will also, if I loose say WP (even to a bad beat) and will say a soz if I dish out a bad beat obviously I'm glad I won but it is polite! I always feel less annoyed if someone says soz if I get outdrawn, like you say its nice to be polite (even if you don't mean it)
  • edited September 2010
    im always talking and tbf some people will have chat of, have it on mini view etc dont take it personally. if no-ones talking then you got nothing to distract you :P

gl at the tables
  • edited September 2010
    Mini view is the wtg but i do usually pop in the chat box at the start and say 'IM ON MINI VIEW SO GL ALL'
  • edited September 2010
    hate mini view to small, ok if your good enough to play more than one table but  is there any reason sky cant get chat with miniview?
  • edited September 2010
    i get the same and find that i`m talking too myself alot of the time, if this carries on i might have too go to the loonybin
  • edited September 2010

I NORMALLY SAY HI AND GL

LOVE THE ONES THAT NEVER SAY A WORD

UNTIL 30 MIN, OR SO

AND THEN JUST CURSE ETC.
  • edited September 2010

I mostly always reply politely. But sometimes I'm away for a beer or a toilet break or something. I wouldn't take it personally if someone didn't reply. There could be myriad reasons.

And I only ever wish gl after I'm out. I'm a straight up truthful guy. I wish you no luck at all when you're at my table.

• edited September 2010
    if we had proper resizeable tables with chat, there would be no need for me to use mini view.

But ye, it's good to talk.
  • edited September 2010
                               I dont know if its just me but ive noticed that a lot of players now have forgotten that good manners dont cost money.Played tonight and at the start of the game and after breaks or if im moved to a new table i always say good luck to my fellow players,and not once tonight did any of these players have the good manners to even say "ty  u2 " or "u2".                           Im begining to think that everyone else must be on mini view because not everyone can have bad manners or can they ???.I would be intrested to know if anyone else has the same view as me .Thank you .
    Posted by chew07
    I was moved on to a different table and the first thing I saw in the chat box was, ' I hope you get cancer ', (apparently whoever it was,had just been knocked out) the person it was addressed to replied 'loser'. I do try to say gg gl all when I get knocked out ,and I'm not a bad loser! (can't be it happens a lot,lol) but I find the majority are quite civil and will say nh etc, it's just a minority who, for whatever reason are just plain ignorant.      Kind regards
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Is it me or are table manners old hat?????:
    hate mini view to small, ok if your good enough to play more than one table but  is there any reason sky cant get chat with miniview?
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Yes - mini-view Tables, by their very definition, are too small to include a worthwhile Chat Facility.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't really want my opponents to get lucky against me, so I don't wish them good luck

If somebody plays badly and gets lucky, I won't tell them they played well

And if I get lucky I won't say sorry for it - because I'm not

Why would anyone want to spend their time on the table telling lies?
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by chew07
    I'm with you here Mr Chew, & I think the vast majority of players on Sky Poker are of the same mind.

It's not as if we are playing for life-changing sums of money, or it's our living, it's not, it's just a hobby we enjoy.

We would not indulge in any other recreational hobby without being polite & civil to our fellow players, & poker is no different. If it were not for the chat & banter, I'd not play Online Poker.

I play a goodly amount of Live Poker, too, & the same thing applies - it's about the chat, the fun, the banter, which is a large part of the attraction.

If I got to the stage when I could not wish my fellow players good luck, & wish them well when they bust me, I'd quit.

Some players take it very seriously though, never chat or talk, & get mardy, which is their perfect right. Their equivelant in Live Poker are those who wear hoodies, earphones, & never smile. It takes all sorts. 
  • edited September 2010
    Well as long as you are happy BelovedLtd thats all that matters LOL Ooooooo and by the way good luck .
  • edited September 2010
    Well as long as you are happy BelovedLtd thats all that matters LOL Ooooooo and by the way good luck .
    Posted by chew07
    !

Ooh, someone with a sharp mind & clever tongue!

I could get to like you Mr Chew.

• edited September 2010
    Manners cost nothing and can make a long game much more fun. So why not be polite...i try to be, even when i'm as grumpy as a dwarf that's been chucked by Snow white!
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by chew07
    I know what you mean ,but some of the comments i have received while playing i wish i had been on mini view.
    Some people are just Pig Ignorant and you are better off not talking to them because all you get is abuse.

Best Of Luck In With Your Game Anyway.....
  • edited September 2010

the worst is when you lose a hand and your waiting for something to be said and they sarcastically write ha ha thank you for you money that normally sets me off so i make sure im out of the table before anything is said to tick me off but no your right when ever i enter a tournament and its about to start even if it be a free roll i say gl or vice versa when it is said to me i will reply ty u 2 whether it is meant or not just to show that im not ignorant but there will always be that one person who will not say a word until they either take down a big pot or knock some one out then its the usual haha your S**T get off my table but then its good to see when they get ko'd a couple hands later

• edited September 2010
    Yeah i agree, some people are very polite and im like that as well.
    Everybody sucks out on people sometimes, thats poker!!

But some people take it to far if they get bad beats etc.

I mostly done have my chat on as i dont want to start giving chat back to people.
    so dont give them the opportunity to do it.

But manners dont cost a thing :D

• edited September 2010
    ive been told i talk too much lol
  • edited September 2010
    when my chat is on 17-10-2010 ) and before it was turned off i always wish the other players gl and have a good game, after all it is a game it doesnt matter wether luck is in the game cos in life u need luck for most things u do

• edited September 2010
    when my chat is on 17-10-2010 ) and before it was turned off i always wish the other players gl and have a good game, after all it is a game it doesnt matter wether luck is in the game cos in life u need luck for most things u do
    Posted by lucky77777
    I kno u do hunipie AND cant wait 2 have my cyber bud back xx
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by chew07
    Ur so right huni there are so many rude ppl out there.

Am totally with u on this as u kno

manners cost nothing

But (Silver lining)

U always have me :)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited September 2010
    WHEN I GOT DONE YESTERDAY WITH MY ALL-IN AND THE PLAYER CALLED WITH ACE 5 AGAINST MY AK I COMMENTED THAT WAS A BAD CALL, YES THEY HAD 3 TIMES MORE CHIPS THAN ME, THEY COME BACK WITH I HAD MORE CHIPS AND I`M STILL SITTING ON THE TABLE WHERE ARE YOU SITTING, I JUST CAME BACK WITH I`M SITTING ON THE SOFA THANKS !
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Is it me or are table manners old hat????? : I kno u do hunipie AND cant wait 2 have my cyber bud back xx
    Posted by xFALLENx
    ty ty ty im glad some1 does ) x
  • edited September 2010
    Dont suppose it would be possible for a little Icon, or may "MV" to appear next the the avatar of the player on Mini View, then other players would know that they cant chat 

Oh and I have posted this before but I find it every useful when you have just taken a load of chips off a rude player.

Firstly post this in the chat box.

"I am very sorry about that last hand.  You are obviously a very good player, despite what your chip stack may indicate.  As well as a very generous one, judging by the amount of advice you have been freely dispensing to other players"

"I am sure that I have played very badly and am just an extremely lucky.  Thank God I am extremely wealthy and only play this game for fun"

After he has had a rant for a few minutes about these posts you then type the following

"This guy is a complete fish I must watch out for him to make some serious cash..........  Oops meant to put that in your notes "

Gets them On Tilt every time 
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by chew07
    Have noticed lately whenever I open a table there is no chat bar, I have to put the table in mini view and then back in to standard to get the chat bar back, maybe other people have this problem too?