You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TEAM SKY CUP WINNERS AND £500 FREEROLL

Comments

• edited September 2010
    A team has to win by 11 points or more to record a win. The score between us and the Greens was 53-47 so we got the draw. Sorry me and Sky Dan couldn't make it yesterday, we were playing in a tournament at the Alea in Leeds. We'll definitely be there this Sunday though.

Well played guys, you did us proud!
  • edited September 2010
    league so far
    TeamPldWonLostDrawnPts
    The Blues11003
    The Reds11003
    Team Sky10011
    The Greens10011
    The Purples10011
    The Yellows10011
    The Oranges10100
    The Whites10100
  • edited September 2010
    wee mallet team sky no problemos from sunny govan {in glasgow}
  • edited September 2010
    oranges for sunday so lets get the squeeze on them.

question are oranges simple?

answer

question what will be left?

answer

• edited September 2010
    easy 3points on sunday.we ll get u sky team!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    just like last nights game iza ?
    i do not think so ha ha
    blood oranges are my favourite your teams  blood that is
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY:
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY : You appear to have posted on a number of my threads from last night, most of which did not involve you in the slightest, however, that being the case On the contrary to your point some of the well established (well bankrolled- how would you know this and at what point in a forum has your bankroll got to do with the thread?????) where having a go at me, unlike many posters on this site I will not sit back and take abuse based on a players bankroll. Furthermore judging by a couple of comments and I quote you "I would be careful for the win" "You will soon meet your end" Are you attempting to threaten or scare me ?????? If this is your objective that would be very very very silly indeed. As I always says mate Education Education Education Always a pleasure
    Posted by ACA
    No threats at all comrade, just simply pointing out that if you continue to be an Englebert/Aggro merchant with players whose boots you couldn`t lace then you will end up getting kicked.

If my life is ever in such a sorry state where I would even contemplate being scared of the likes of yourself, then someone shoot me please.

Sorry ACA you ARE the man.

Arnold Dorsey for the win!!!
  • edited September 2010

Hi Silver8ack,

Keep us positive mate, you are doing a great job.

Sorry again for sparking off the trouble. 

I take the points made by yourself but we do really need to play as a team. 

I am a TEAM player, I try to win individually but in these comps the team is the most important.
    At each table I know who is friend and who is foe, if you are a team player so should all Team Sky. I shouldn't have to advise each of our players who is friend or foe , they should know for themselves. Ok not everybody is as boring as me to keep the thread/players  up to date with the scoring system but I will keep doing it , unless of course ACA wants to do a "better" job. That is why people should have chat on so they know what is happening even if they don't want to speak.

Lets hope we squeeze the oranges!!!

Now can you or somebody from Sky answer me three questions.

1. Why if you lose 53-47 do you get a draw, surely a simple loss with the score being your goal difference would have been more sensible. Do you realise that we could "lose" five of our games, sorry I mean draw!!, and if we win two of the others ie 3 pointers, we could finish above teams who have won, sorry  I mean drew,  five or six of theirs. Very strange .  

2. Silver8ack you say change your destination re My Account/My details but SKY warn you when you do this to keep your address the same as your Poker account details. Sorry but Team SKY is not contained in my account details. Is it or is it not ok to do this SKY!!!

3. In the main details of the competition it says you will play two matches against each of the other teams but only one match against each is in the schedule. When will the second matches take place? Or have I missed something again!!

Divine inspiration is needed as I can't supply the answers above through my normal channels.

Father Vaigret

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY : No threats at all comrade, just simply pointing out that if you continue to be an Englebert/Aggro merchant with players whose boots you couldn`t lace then you will end up getting kicked. If my life is ever in such a sorry state where I would even contemplate being scared of the likes of yourself, then someone shoot me please. Sorry ACA you ARE the man. Arnold Dorsey for the win!!!
    Posted by emilyegg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPTXVqETBM4&feature=related
  • edited September 2010
    emilyegg

Perhaps we should bring back the transfer system used in the other team comps previously to get rid of dissidents.

FV
  • edited September 2010
    Praise the Lord and Praise Father Vaigret.

Not going to start a bun-fight, but in the unlikely event of anybody from Team Sky being a bit hard of thinking, then PLEASE read the first paragraph that The Good Father has posted. If it does not sink-in first time round then repeat and rinse until it does.

(Quick Draw is a Legend as well ;0))
  • edited September 2010
    Can i remind everyone, that, this is supposed to be fun.............:)
  • edited September 2010
    oranges for sunday so lets get the squeeze on them. question are oranges simple? answer question what will be left? answer
    Posted by silver8ack
    Cool.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Silver8ack, Keep us positive mate, you are doing a great job. Sorry again for sparking off the trouble.  I take the points made by yourself but we do really need to play as a team.  I am a TEAM player, I try to win individually but in these comps the team is the most important. At each table I know who is friend and who is foe, if you are a team player so should all Team Sky. I shouldn't have to advise each of our players who is friend or foe , they should know for themselves. Ok not everybody is as boring as me to keep the thread/players  up to date with the scoring system but I will keep doing it , unless of course ACA wants to do a "better" job. That is why people should have chat on so they know what is happening even if they don't want to speak. Lets hope we squeeze the oranges!!! Now can you or somebody from Sky answer me three questions. 1. Why if you lose 53-47 do you get a draw, surely a simple loss with the score being your goal difference would have been more sensible. Do you realise that we could "lose" five of our games, sorry I mean draw!!, and if we win two of the others ie 3 pointers, we could finish above teams who have won, sorry  I mean drew,  five or six of theirs. Very strange .   2. Silver8ack you say change your destination re My Account/My details but SKY warn you when you do this to keep your address the same as your Poker account details. Sorry but Team SKY is not contained in my account details. Is it or is it not ok to do this SKY!!! 3. In the main details of the competition it says you will play two matches against each of the other teams but only one match against each is in the schedule. When will the second matches take place? Or have I missed something again!! Divine inspiration is needed as I can't supply the answers above through my normal channels. Father Vaigret   
    Posted by vaigret
    hi father
    first of all you did not spark any trouble as you never do on the forum. you are a wise friend and only speak your opinion. yes it is a team game and we should all play as a team but unfourtunatly not everyone who plays these game read or post on here so we can never get to everyone which is down to the why sky organises these games :( i personaly would be very grateful if you would keep the scoring going for us and i will do my best to rally everyone and keep the peace fingers crossed.
    i will try to answer your questions the best i can but can not be sure to get it right so here goes
    1. the scoring is done in the format as in football and to do that they had to find some kind common ground for a draw . but maybe the sky team can answer it better than me.
    2i do keep my address the same just move it up a colum then put in TEAM SKY  i have done this with all forum games and in fact since playing on sky with no probs what so ever.
    3. i think that might be a typing error. i believe it is 1 game agianst each team not 2.
    all the best for sundays games and please do not hestate to pm me if i can help. 
  • edited September 2010
    Hello and well done to all on the sky team i was please to be part and came out at 95th I think. I think we defo have an advantage if we all change are info I.E city so that we can see who is on our side. For more info plz look at the first post on the thread this WILL HELP SO PLEASE DO SO.

Many thanks and goodluck 
  • edited September 2010
    hi maria39
    just wanted to say thank you for all your support on the tables last night it was great help.

gl for sundays game
  • edited September 2010

Hi Efgloser

Yes it is fun, haven't had so much fun since Team Tikay, in fact this has got me reinvigorated after a spell away from here. However I am not someone who likes to lose , especially as part of a team where all members should be trying their best to win it for TEAM SKY. Sad I know but thats me.

Silver8ack,

Thanks for your kind comments and your attempt to answer my questions. Have done what you asked re my details, I also have done this in past but without getting a warning from Sky not to do it.

With regard draws , you can get them without SKY reinventing the wheel. 50-50 is a draw and should be the only score that warrants it. I await the official response from sky on this and my point 3.

Perhaps a second schedule of matches will appear if we don't win after the first round.

Hoping that by the time the next Team event comes round Sky's braintrust will have come up with a fair competition, with team avators , how difficult would it have been to have coloured ones. Feedback from every team event to date has said we need something on avatars for these team comps. 

The forward planning team seem to be a bit lacking , perhaps they should have a voluntary team of Sky poker members who can test their ideas and advise them so we actually can have a team comp without any pitfalls having to be discussed continuously on these forums. 

I for one would volunteer.

God bless one and all

Father Vaigret 

• edited September 2010
    Hi Efgloser Yes it is fun, haven't had so much fun since Team Tikay, in fact this has got me reinvigorated after a spell away from here. However I am not someone who likes to lose , especially as part of a team where all members should be trying their best to win it for TEAM SKY. Sad I know but thats me. Silver8ack, Thanks for your kind comments and your attempt to answer my questions. Have done what you asked re my details, I also have done this in past but without getting a warning from Sky not to do it. With regard draws , you can get them without SKY reinventing the wheel. 50-50 is a draw and should be the only score that warrants it. I await the official response from sky on this and my point 3. Perhaps a second schedule of matches will appear if we don't win after the first round. Hoping that by the time the next Team event comes round Sky's braintrust will have come up with a fair competition, with team avators , how difficult would it have been to have coloured ones. Feedback from every team event to date has said we need something on avatars for these team comps.  The forward planning team seem to be a bit lacking , perhaps they should have a voluntary team of Sky poker members who can test their ideas and advise them so we actually can have a team comp without any pitfalls having to be discussed continuously on these forums.  I for one would volunteer. God bless one and all Father Vaigret 
    Posted by vaigret
    your very welcome father
    and as for your last comment a totally agree.
    team avatars should be in play by now and yes sky should have a team of forum members advising them on these games. but on the same hand i for one am just gratful to sky for putting them on for us.
    plz sky keep them coming there great fun for everyone.
  • edited September 2010
    peace in the camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfMfy1WAWo together we are strong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1rZfC67Jc8
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    well said IRISH

great choice of songs 

and ty for your help

oranges for Sunday tea yum yum
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: TEAM SKY : well said IRISH great choice of songs    and ty for your help oranges for Sunday tea yum yum
    Posted by silver8ack
    There gonna taste very sour when you lose ! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Efgloser Yes it is fun, haven't had so much fun since Team Tikay, in fact this has got me reinvigorated after a spell away from here. However I am not someone who likes to lose , especially as part of a team where all members should be trying their best to win it for TEAM SKY. Sad I know but thats me. Silver8ack, Thanks for your kind comments and your attempt to answer my questions. Have done what you asked re my details, I also have done this in past but without getting a warning from Sky not to do it. With regard draws , you can get them without SKY reinventing the wheel. 50-50 is a draw and should be the only score that warrants it. I await the official response from sky on this and my point 3. Perhaps a second schedule of matches will appear if we don't win after the first round. Hoping that by the time the next Team event comes round Sky's braintrust will have come up with a fair competition, with team avators , how difficult would it have been to have coloured ones. Feedback from every team event to date has said we need something on avatars for these team comps.  The forward planning team seem to be a bit lacking , perhaps they should have a voluntary team of Sky poker members who can test their ideas and advise them so we actually can have a team comp without any pitfalls having to be discussed continuously on these forums.  I for one would volunteer. God bless one and all Father Vaigret 
    Posted by vaigret
    How brilliant an idea Father.

Coloured Avatars for team events!!!. Spectacularly Simple Idea. I hope this is Implemented into future events. You should be applauded, and it might make it more "team-like"

Your common sense and aura is wasted on here, so please forgive me for not thanking you for your live score updates. IT WAS WELL APPRECIATED BY US ALL....sadly I got sidetracked by the Team Sky Jeremy Kyle Show

FV for the win ;0)
  • edited September 2010

No problem emily LOL

and yes Sky and Silver8ack they are great and keep the fun going.

Father perfectionist

• edited September 2010
    team avatars have been talked about before in previose games and as in this one if you look on the premiership page avatars have in a kind of way been done in t-shirt designs but ibeilve that these will be for the winners of tourny or TEAM SKY oh sorry is that not the same ;) .

but i hope that in future upgrades SKY will intrduce personal avatars for the tables

sweet sweet oranges squeeze them tight with all gods might sunday is TEAM SKY'S great night
  • edited September 2010
    Gutted sat down with a brew ready for game and my internet went down just been able to get back on so not happy bring on the oranges
  • edited September 2010
    unlucky there hagans03 hope your ok for sunday plz read my first post it mught help in the game
    gl
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by vaigret

It doesn`t cost anything to enter....and looking at your sharkscope graph, you should be used to losing.....lol
  • edited September 2010
    question how do you squeeze an orange ?

answer

• edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    question
    do oranges play as a team

answer no