You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disconnections

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat
Also posted this in technical, but sure there is more exposure here.

Sorry, dont have time to read through the 6 pages of the previous thread. Is there a solution to the dc'ing? I have been using all browser types and in the last 16 hrs keep on getting d/c.

Funilly enough, me and sim both disconnected at the same time a moment ago.  Never been d/c this much on sky before......

Ty for any help.

DavidNew post Reply to this post Report Abuse
Edit post

Re: Diconnections as of 21/09/10

posted at 21/9/2010 11:45 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
First: 3/1/2010
Last: 21/9/2010
we just disconnected at the same time again....

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Its been happening to various people for the last week or so.

Sky hvae been looking into this since then and have yet to find a problem in their system.

• edited September 2010
    "Hi Everyone,
    As discussed with Michael, I can confirm that the investigations are on-going and remain as the highest of priorities for Sky Poker. The investigation so far has not uncovered any evidence which would explain the cause of the disconnection from our perspective.
    The investigation is still very much open and therefore we encourage you all to continue to report your problems through the appropriate channel (Customer Care), as advised earlier. I notice that some of you have reported your disconnections over the last 24 hours, this info is now with our technical team and being analysed, thank you for taking the time to contact us and assist our investigation.
    Kind Regards
    Adam"
  • edited September 2010

For more than the usual reasons I wouldn't feel too comfortable playing at your high levels at the moment chaps.

Was on a micro DYM yesterday afternoon and five out of the six players (inc myself) reported being disconnected on two separate occasions in the chat box. 

At one point I connected back into my hand whilst in the big blind - betting was going on and whilst I was allowed to check I couldn't see my hole cards so for the first time on line I actually was playing blind until someone put in a significant raise and I chickened out. 

I hope Sky get this sorted soon, as I say I'd hate to be playing anything significant when this sort of chaos can occur.

• edited September 2010
    i don`t know what`s happening with connection problems, i had i all weekend a week and half ago, off course moan and groaned and reported it, so far they`ve had all the details i could give at the time, but still don`t know what`s happening with what the problem could have or is. luckily since last tuesday i`ve not had the problem ( touch wood ) behave mr miyigi ! i guess their doing there best but t would be nice to be informed as to any updates that may be happening ?
  • edited September 2010
    cant believe mine has been fine, but not complaining
  • edited September 2010
    2 tables running yesterday and they disconnected and then 3 more seperate times later as well,and yet the internet was running fine,very weird
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Disconnections:
    cant believe mine has been fine, but not complaining
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Don't get too smug YG as I had heard about these problems but not suffered any connection issues either.

But yesterday whilst in a DYM I lost connection twice while the blinds were getting high and it probably cost me the game.

Worrying times, is Sky Poker fit for purpose at the moment?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Disconnections : Don't get too smug YG as I had heard about these problems but not suffered any connection issues either. But yesterday whilst in a DYM I lost connection twice while the blinds were getting high and it probably cost me the game. Worrying times, is Sky Poker fit for purpose at the moment?
    Posted by Darntootin
    i don`t know about others but that`s was when i got disconnected everytime i was in the blind either small or big  which was annoying wouldn`t have minded so much if i wasn`t but losing chips that way arghhhhhhh
  • edited September 2010
    When you disconnect, try opening your browser and see if your home page loads, if it doesnt then its most likely your isp if it does and sky still not come back its most likely sky. Although a problem with sky would more than likely affect every player at the table not just the odd one.
  • edited September 2010
    " Hi Everyone, As discussed with Michael, I can confirm that the investigations are on-going and remain as the highest of priorities for Sky Poker. The investigation so far has not uncovered any evidence which would explain the cause of the disconnection from our perspective. The investigation is still very much open and therefore we encourage you all to continue to report your problems through the appropriate channel (Customer Care), as advised earlier. I notice that some of you have reported your disconnections over the last 24 hours, this info is now with our technical team and being analysed, thank you for taking the time to contact us and assist our investigation. Kind Regards Adam"
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Already emailed CC about this and got an email saying they were looking ino it. I doubt i,ll get an email when theyve fixed it so can we have an update on this thread when they,ve sorted it.?

Cheers
  • edited September 2010
    how i wish id got disconnected last night it would of saved me alot of money..............................

it did happen to the whole table a few times yesterday afternoon though!!
  • edited September 2010
    I have played on Skypoker since its inception and I have never experienced disconnection problems until the last couple of weeks.It seems everynight I am losing connection at least twice whilst playing two tables at once.Last night I was playing the 7-15 DS and I was disconnected four times in the first 50 minutes, then when I started playing the 8-15 DS it was just a disconnection nightmare, and it always seemed to be just after I had raised ( I know this is just coincidence btw ).It seems to be a serious problem and its probably forcing people away from Skypoker to play on other online sites, many of these players may never return to Skypoker, so its in everybody's interest for this problem to be sorted quickly.

Come on tech guys sort it .

Dave
  • edited September 2010

I will send this Thread up to the Suits right away.

Keep the feedback coming, if possible, with more details as to time, browser type, whether other players disco'd at same time (assuming you know!), etc. 
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Disconnections : Don't get too smug YG as I had heard about these problems but not suffered any connection issues either. But yesterday whilst in a DYM I lost connection twice while the blinds were getting high and it probably cost me the game. Worrying times, is Sky Poker fit for purpose at the moment?
    Posted by Darntootin

Sorry if you took offence there darntootin i know it must be very annoying just think its odd mine hasnt im half expecting it too now aswell, didnt mean to be smug at all
  • edited September 2010
    eIn Response to Re: Disconnections:
    When you disconnect, try opening your browser and see if your home page loads, if it doesnt then its most likely your isp if it does and sky still not come back its most likely sky. Although a problem with sky would more than likely affect every player at the table not just the odd one.
    Posted by ajs4385
    hi ajs

i have got the same disconnections from my high end BE Broadband line, my o2 dongle and a normal residental BT line 50 miles away.

whenever it happens every other bit of internet traffic is unaffected.
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Disconnections : Sorry if you took offence there darntootin i know it must be very annoying just think its odd mine hasnt im half expecting it too now aswell, didnt mean to be smug at all
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No offence taken YG and no offence meant, just pointing out it can happen to anyone at anytime.

• edited September 2010
    I'm experiencing same problems
  • edited September 2010
    I D/C at least twice a night and have to re boot sky whilst other programms run fine.

I also at times can't look at my HH through the chatbox - they come up blank, I know others have same problem.
  • edited September 2010
    Solare Flares are to blame.....  I say we get SolarCarro to fix it 
  • edited September 2010

Me three!

Been struggling to stay on sp since the weekend...got disconnected 3 times during yellow v white then was unable to register for jaegerplops sng...went to rail merenove who was also disconnected 3 times...

I'm using IE8, icore5 processor, Orange 10mb Broadband

Cheers Guys

x

• edited September 2010

Guys,

Your frustration & angst is noted, & understandable. Disco's are a pain in the you know what, howsoever caused & whoever is to blame.

There is a Thread in Technical Queries which suggests how best you can report such problems, in such a way that Sky Poker can better & more quickly resolve them. There is also a "Disconnections" Thread in there, I believe.

I know it's not always convenient, or even possible sometimes, but the advice below was Posted by the Suits a bit back, & remains on, the Technical Queries Board. If you can take that line when irregular Disco's occur, it would really help them to identify & resolve where the problem lies, what it is, & how best to sort it. 

PS - I know it's not usually, in such circumstances, easy or "convenient" to note the Hand ID when you are spitting nails. But it does just help resolve it quicker.

".....For us to fully investigate your technical problem you need to contact our customer carer team and have the following information to hand -·         Username·         Poker Alias·         Time of disconnect·         Hand ID (s)·         Has this happened for you before?·         If so when (approx)·         Geographical location of the user·         ISP·         Browser·         Operating System·         Version of flash Player·         Were you running other applications at the time?Once the customer care team have all of this information, it will be passed to our technical team for investigation.  They will also endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.You can get in touch with the team either by free phone (08000 720 882), by email (help@skypoker.com) or by live chat (links at the bottom of the page).Sky Poker is committed to providing a stable gaming platform for our customers and apologise for any inconvenience you may experience while using our service....."
  • edited September 2010
    all poker sites not just this one are getting disconnection problems for some players these last few weeks--
    i'm no techie but ive been told its dependant on the area you live and what speed you receive

mine is 7.1Mbps--so no problems as yet

you can check the Mbps on the bottom right of your computer in icons

a friend of mind has  a 'toggle' (whatever that may be)  I think it helps boost his signal ??

as i said, im no techie so this may not be the case, but i think it's along those lines--
  • edited September 2010
    Ive gone 2 days now without any disconnections. ( about 5 hours a day) - playing 2-3 tables

It was happening 3 or 4 times a night, mostly when playing more than  table and for about 20 - 30 seconds 
  • edited September 2010
    Ive gone 2 days now without any disconnections. ( about 5 hours a day) - playing 2-3 tables It was happening 3 or 4 times a night, mostly when playing more than  table and for about 20 - 30 seconds 
    Posted by MP33
    just realised i need to get a life :)
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah im the same as everyone got D/C throught the premiership game :( but as batman said other sites have got same problem. i thought it was my net but some things run and tables dont :(

As my wife plays on another site she was raging the other night getting D/C all night with 2 tables up not as much with 1 though.

So take it everyone on same boat as me :(
  • edited September 2010
    yep, all sites getting it. playing on bxx3xx on sunday, 375 people down to 19 (paid 40) table froze for everybody, 10 mins later table dissappeared!!!!. they cancelled game and paid out = stake back, next payout (18th) and split 50% of prize pool to remaining players. is this common practise if tourny gets cancelled??
  • edited September 2010
    ive not been disconned and not really thought about it untill reading this thread because it only happend the one time but i had my cards dealt face down the other night as somebody said above i too had to play my hand blind,most unusual,its not happend since though
  • edited September 2010
    WHY THE **** CAN'T I OPEN TOURNAMENT I'VE REGISTERED FOR, USELESS PIECE OF ******* **** SOFTWARE
  • edited September 2010
    I entered 3 tables yesterday (sng Turbo) and i was blinded out b4 i could get bk on. i could get on other sites easy, but i had to sign out of poker, then relogin and it would load 1 table, but then wouldnt load others, So annoying.. I thought it was just me, but it looks like others too
  • edited September 2010
    Ive had disc's for the past week, AA in bb i remember was a real pain as id just raised to a family pot!!
    A bar comes up saying ive been disconnected then after 20 secs another box asking me to reload comes up, which i click and the table comes back up again after another 20 secs.
    As TK has said the best thing to do would be make notes about everything but (sorry TK) who the heck is going to do that when they are concerned about getting back to the game they are losing chips/cash on?
    I hope it gets sorted soon because i love playing on SKY and wouldnt want to lose my cash to anyone else ;)