You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disconnections

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Disconnections:
    eIn Response to Re: Disconnections : hi ajs i have got the same disconnections from my high end BE Broadband line, my o2 dongle and a normal residental BT line 50 miles away. whenever it happens every other bit of internet traffic is unaffected.
    Posted by scotty77
    Sounds like a problem with sky as a lot of players experiencing it, but then again why arnt all players on a table being disconnected? Just have to let skys guys look into it.
  • edited September 2010
    It's often the case if i've got say 4 tables up on miniview that 1 or 2 of them will freeze for a short while then disappear, only to re-appear fairly quickly as full size tables with a 're-connecting' message on screen.  The delay often means a few hands are missed and sometimes happen mid-hand which can be very costly.  The other 2 tables are unaffected and play continues as normal.

The odd discon happens everywhere but right now at Sky i seem to be wary of a discon every hand i play which should not be the case.  I got enough to worry about already!  :) 
  • edited September 2010
    i dont suffer with disconnections my main problem is loading a table i think it was monday night the 8pm b/h main event clearly everyone else on my table had loaded fine and on time at 8 cause by 8:45 when it had finally loaded i had near on half of the original starting stack needless to say out next hand but still £11 spent to sit around for 45 minutes waiting to connect i even rebooted my internet 3 or 4 times..... saying that playing cash late tuesday early wednesday was running perfect until it got to my blinds and every time i was bb i would dc luckily in tonights b/h it only took 5-10 minutes to load so by time i got in i was actually able to play
  • edited September 2010
    i dont suffer with disconnections my main problem is loading a table i think it was monday night the 8pm b/h main event clearly everyone else on my table had loaded fine and on time at 8 cause by 8:45 when it had finally loaded i had near on half of the original starting stack needless to say out next hand but still £11 spent to sit around for 45 minutes waiting to connect i even rebooted my internet 3 or 4 times..... saying that playing cash late tuesday early wednesday was running perfect until it got to my blinds and every time i was bb i would dc luckily in tonights b/h it only took 5-10 minutes to load so by time i got in i was actually able to play
    Posted by delaney91
    HI dealney

If you are having problems with the tyable loading, could I suggest you put this in the Technical Queries section of the forum, I do know it is checked by the techies.
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by delaney91
    Hey, could you please contact:

contact our customer carer team and have the following information to hand -

·         Username

·         Poker Alias

·         Time of disconnect

·         Hand ID (s)

·         Has this happened for you before?

·         If so when (approx)

·         Geographical location of the user

·         ISP

·         Browser

·         Operating System

·         Version of flash Player

·         Were you running other applications at the time?

Once the customer care team have all of this information, it will be passed to our technical team for investigation.  They will also endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.

You can get in touch with the team either by free phone (08000 720 882), by email (help@skypoker.com) or by live chat (links at the bottom of the page).

Sky Poker is committed to providing a stable gaming platform for our customers and apologise for any inconvenience you may experience while using our service.

of course other community members can still help with issues so if you have any problems with table sizing, browser pop ups etc feel free to start a new thread and post them here.

Many thanks

Sky Mod

• ckdckd
    edited September 2010

had the same problem get disconected

when you contact customer care they say theres no problem from there side must be my internet provider

???

same responce every time

was playing a dym game fine entered a turbocharged game did not load up for a good 5 min just got a white screen every time i tryed to load it was reg for anther dym at the same time... that loaded up and both dym was fine but the hu game still didnt

but its still from my side.... dont really understand      i can play up to 8 tables at 1 time with no prob 

so if we are meant to contact cc can some1 let them in on it please as its getting silly hearing the same old thing ...... no prob on our side must be your provider 

my speed is 20meg and have had no loss of conection
  • edited September 2010

Hi,

I have spoken to Adam Harmer several times over the last few days about this, including this evening.

They take the thread very seriously, and have investigated it from every possible angle, but nothing is showing up at their end, & a deep forensic investigation of Sky Poker traffic has failed to yield any clues.

If anyone suffers these problems, please try to provide some of the info requested earlier in the Thread. Obviously, getting the Hand ID under such circumtances is a bit galling, shall we say, but the more info you can provide, the more likely any problem, at whatever end it may or may not exist, can be identified.

Stuff like type of browser, geographical location, etc, are easily available, so the more of the following info you can provide, the better it is. Feel free to stick it on this thread if you are one of those who have Posted already. I have tried to contact several of you, if you have messages, what I have requested is as much of the following info as possible, please.....

·         Username·         Poker Alias·         Time of disconnect·         Hand ID (s)·         Has this happened for you before?·         If so when (approx)·         Geographical location of the user·         ISP·         Browser·         Operating System·         Version of flash Player·         Were you running other applications at the time? 
    Thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    A couple of players on another thread have stated that they have had an update to their Adobe Flash player and the disconnections have stopped/reduced.  I got an automatic update to my Flash and haven't had any disconnections.  Not saying its gonna solve everyones problems but it might help to make sure that you are using the latest version.