You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Primo live show thread- with Rich and Tikay

edited October 2010 in Poker Chat

Yeah baby!

We go live at 8 tonight on Channel 865 for the biggest tournament of the week- all hail the Primo.

In the 'cockpit' tonight- with the emphasis on the first syllable- is the ledge that is Tikay.

Carrying him, I mean, guiding him through the show will be my good self. ;)

There's a guaranteed £12.5K in the kitty and it's the one everyone wants to win, for community bragging rights as well as a tasty earner.

We're manning the forum thread and email inbox of course once more, so please fire away with whatever's on your mind this evening- poker or non-poker related. Your call, it's your show!

We have a Poker Clinic feature in the third hour where we analyse specific hands from the forum and we'll be chatting to BURNShurtz live on the phone.

And if you went to the Sky Poker Tour Grand Final in Nottingham this year- look out for all the hour mark 5 minute breaks as we have stacks of brand new 'My Name Is' VTs interviewing you all!

Send in all your hand requests and poker questions of course but keep the banter coming too, and to get your creative juices flowing here's a couple of off-topic subjects ...

Now as we know, the Ryder Cup hilariously was a wash-out this week (holding it in Wales in October, who'd have thought?)

So first question- what's your best weather story? Extreme weather maybe- or perhaps a weather incident which changed your life etc etc.

Second question- which celebrity really gets on your nerves and why?

Looking forward to a cracking show and good luck to all who sail in tonight's tournament!
:)

Comments

• edited October 2010
    In answer to your second question, to be honest, its you because you are a pants presenter.
  • atwatw
    edited October 2010
    Taking part in my first Primo tonight, nervous, haha.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo live show thread- with Rich and Tikay:
    In answer to your second question, to be honest, its you because you are a pants presenter.
    Posted by SoLack
    Does he count as a celeb? ;)
  • edited October 2010
    Tyres ....... tyres will be on my mind tonight.

More specifically my Land Rover has decided that I need to seriously place in tonight's Primo. A few months go my Land Rover's gearbox went bang and landed me with a £2000 bill ...... that weekend I won the Primo. Before that it was the aircon unit that went bang and that weekend I won the BH to cover the £800 bill.

This weekend it was £500 for tyres, so please poker gods, I need a Primo final table tonight :o)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo live show thread- with Rich and Tikay : Does he count as a celeb? ;)
    Posted by acebarry10

Good point Barry.  I change to Bruce Forsyth because people older than tikay shd not be allowed on TV (+ he is a pants presenter).  Come to think about it - is Bruce older than Tikay?  I think not.
  • edited October 2010
    The following takes place on the 24th December.....

Event no.1
    We're on a midnight safari in Lapland, weather has been unusually warm for this time of year (Read -5C) we're on Skidoos racing across a lake when there is a loud crack. My mother's skidoo plummets into the lake.
    A few things you need to know about my mother - she is barely 5ft tall and can't swim. The ridiculously cold water reaches up to her chest.
    My father thinks it's hilarious and can barely stand up he's laughing so hard - in an attempt to mitigate the trouble he will be in for said outburst he climbs into the lake to stand with my mother until we can get her out. Eventually we are able to fashion a pulley type system which drags her from the lake. It is then a frantic race through the forest to reach a log cabin where mum can dry of her now ice blocked legs.

Event 2
    We're in Lapland again.....It's the 24th of December AGAIN (Will we ever learn?) This year it's remarkably bad weather for this time of year and we are enroute to Rovaniemi - (READ EPIC JOURNEY). So mid journey, the weather worsens and our tyres lose grip with the road. We end up heading off the road and down into a 12ft sewer ditch. Oh the joy - when a car hurtles into a sewer ditch it brings warmth.... and that releases smell!
    We then had to wait for the farmer to finish his day job, so that he could go grab his tractor to drag us out a mere 6 hours later....

Event 3
    It's 24th December - (just stay indoors!) and this time we have shunned Lapland in favour of Zell am See in Austria. We fancy stretching our ski legs figuring a few runs down the mountain before lunch would be a perfect start to the day. All is going well, and we are ascending the mountain in our cable car. Until the wind picks up....
    The cable car stops hovering in the air. Before we know it a full force gale is blowing and we and the occupants of our tiny cable car are swinging to and fro at the mercy of this blizzard for the next hour. We never left the cable car, just kept on going until we reached the safety of our hotel...

I don't holiday on the 24th anymore - the most adventurous i get is my Christmas shopping.....

• edited October 2010
    Posted by SoLack
    Haha Solly- I assume the last time we crossed swords on the baize I took money from you?
  • edited October 2010
    I got in the Primo for just £1.50 so I am really playing for fun but it will be a lot more fun if I cash! :)
  • edited October 2010
    Tikay

I have left you a PM on here. I would have rang you but I seem to have misplaced your number since I changed phones :/
  • edited October 2010
    Taking part in my first Primo tonight, nervous, haha.
    Posted by atw
    Good luck atw- let me know on here how you get on
  • edited October 2010
    The 'celebrity' that really gets on my nerves Is Jamie Oliver. The way he slobbers over his food really puts me off.
  • edited October 2010
    My favourite duo is on the air, get in :0

I aim to do 6 places better than my 7th place finish 3 weeks ago :)
  • edited October 2010
    Wahey My name is featuring Sian Yorkie74!!! Get it on!!

I have qualified via sat (was all in with 3 5 at 200 chips at one point) so hopefully still in when you read this

My best weather story? I went on 3 consequetive holidays where a hurricane swept through (Hurricane Katrina - Florida, Hurricane Dean - Cuba and Hurrican Ernesto - Dominican Rep)

So I have seen some serious windy rain in my time!

Can't stand Piers Morgan because he is so talentless in my opinion.

Gutted I couldn'tmake Halifax yesterday Tikay but sent the entry fee as my donation, well done all of you there

Dave
  • edited October 2010
    The 'celebrity' that really gets on my nerves Is Jamie Oliver. The way he slobbers over his food really puts me off.
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Nice on Bandicoot- I admire your attempt to topple a 'national treasure'!  Hasn't he single-handledly saved the countr's children from bad school dinners?? Lol.

At least he doesn't wheel out his wife in every advert these days to showcase how amazing his life is...
  • edited October 2010
    the weather one, as you may remember i used to work in a hotel, it`s mid afternoon lighting everywhere, where there was a sudden wollop, some bricks hand fallen, so i went across road in the middle of lighting to see where they came from, while holding on to a mettle railing and the lighting flashing i suddenly relalized i have a mettle plate in my hip, never moved so quick since i had it done, so there two sorts bricks going that day.
  • edited October 2010
    Bad weather story. Erm, the most extreme one I've been involved in is being stuck doing a roof on an extension, middle of winter. Weather was looking good, until the roof was stripped off completely and as far from watertight as imaginable. Of course, at that point the skies opened and we had gale force winds hurling the felt all over the place (a felt and baton tiled roof, I'm sure Tikay knows about those!). We were stuck there for the best part of 6 hours, being lifted virtually off this roof as we tried to pin the felt down and ended up soaked to the bone and going home in pitch black at gone 7pm. That was an annoying day.

On the complete other side, I once got 3rd degree burns after sitting in a pool in Spain for the best part of 6 hours. My mum then decided to put savlon on the burns which were blistering all over the place. Needless to say, savlon+open wounds is a BAD idea. Don't try it at home. Not that you could get third degree burns in England, I guess.

And hated celebrity- too many, but god I hate Gavin Henson. What a disgrace to rugby.
  • edited October 2010
    Most hated celebrity - Tim Henman's Dad.  He had the best seat at Wimbledon for a decade and never got excited once.  Just watch it on the T.V. in your pants if you're not going to get involved.
  • edited October 2010
    Ok.....so weather stories - I don't really have any.  I don't do the cold, so never go anywhere remotely frosty.  My holidays are always in tropical climates, and the only story I have about heat relates to the 3rd degree burns I received on two specific parts of my body I would rather not discuss.....

Celebrities who get on my nerves and why?  Where shall I start............

Danny Dyer - don't like his voice, don't rate his 'acting', and I dislike anyone else who looks like they've also attended the Danny Dyer School Of Acting.

Keira Knightly - OMG, seriously, how has she got to the status she has???!! Acting is very poor.  She has one of those faces that annoys me as soon as look at it GGGGRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about her......but I won't!!

There are plenty more I'm sure, but that's enough for today - now to spread a little love.

:)

• edited October 2010
    OMG, I second piers morgan by the way, and louis walsh for that matter. More piers though. The way he thinks he's so great and has his own little spinoff shows, when he's realistically barely worth licking simon's boots, is rage inspiring.
  • edited October 2010
    the celebrity that get`s on my nerves is joe pasquale - reason - I KNOW A SONG THAT WILL GET ON OUR NERVES - GET ON YOUR NERVES, GET ON YOUR NERVES - I KNOW A SONG THAT WILL GET ON YOUR NERVES, GET ON YOUR NERVES, I KNOW A SONG - ( ALL TOGETHER NOW ) I KNOW A SONG THAT WILL GET ON YOUR NERVES, GET ON YOUR NERVES.
  • edited October 2010
    evening lads,

im in tonight.... hoping to do better than my 47th few weeks back.... but hoping i meet few people on the FT. can no1 talk about footie tonight  been a bad few games for the mighty gunners...

also... can you bring up my post from the forum asking all people from maidstone/kent to get together at some point and play some good live poker....

Craig
  • edited October 2010

Skypoker's answer to Morecambe & Wise back on telly tonight we are all in for a Great Show gl to all in Primo
  • edited October 2010
    When on a school trip, and returning home, sat on the back seat of the coach, and, as we all know, you always like to see where you have been, so, we are looking outside then back window of the coach, it went amazingly dark, and a nice little thunderstorm arrived, the lightning managed to strike the back of the coach, obviously when the coach stopped we piled round the back where there was a nice scorch mark about 5 inch below the window.

when travelling to the yorkshire coast, (No not Skeggy, a little below there), we were tootling along nicely, it was dry, we got to a little place called Everton, (Not Liverpool either) it was raining hard, we got out the other side and it was dry, just that band of rain.

I dont like Gordon Ramsey, or Bruce Forsyth.

• edited October 2010
    Hi guys. The celebs that get on my nerves are;
    Lennie Henry..those flaming hotel ads..grrrrrrr.
    Miley Cyrus...just don't get her success...average looking with less than average talent.
    Wayne Roonie and Ashley Cole...what a pair of numpties!!!
  • edited October 2010
    evening lads, im in tonight.... hoping to do better than my 47th few weeks back.... but hoping i meet few people on the FT. can no1 talk about footie tonight  been a bad few games for the mighty gunners... also... can you bring up my post from the forum asking all people from maidstone/kent to get together at some point and play some good live poker.... Craig
    Posted by KentLad
    plus one football, ashamed to be liverpool(never )
  • edited October 2010
    celeb hate - ANNE (starch face) ROBINSON  .
    When her hubby left her he said there marriage was like a pack of cards it started with 2 hearts + a diamond (ohh thats nice) but he was then looking for a club + a spade b4 long .
  • edited October 2010
    Hi guys. The celebs that get on my nerves are; Lennie Henry..those flaming hotel ads..grrrrrrr. Miley Cyrus...just don't get her success...average looking with less than average talent. Wayne Roonie and Ashley Cole...what a pair of numpties!!!
    Posted by lozgo
    you missed gary neville, oh hang on he ain`t ( no comment )
  • edited October 2010

I hate Philip Schofield.....I don't need to explain why coz surely everyone does?

Im gonna go in tonight, and gonna actually try this time, so watch out!

No doubt i'll be posting around 8-25 asking you to analyse my exit hand, so TK can tell me how I shouldn't be playing any hand other than aces before the first break, and even then, only if I can see a cheap flop and get away if I miss my quads.

Just playing 4p/8p to win my buy in, times are hard ;)

Enjoy the show, JJ
  • atwatw
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: The Primo live show thread- with Rich and Tikay : Good luck atw- let me know on here how you get on
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Cheers! Only been playing for fun in freerolls since the start of August so not expecting much at all, probably expecting my amateur plays to be reviewed very early into the show, haha!
  • edited October 2010
    jeramy kyle, NEED I SAY MORE