You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TRACKING SOFTWARE

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    they are only going to allow it if the demand is there, and according to this poll most don't want it
  • edited October 2010
    As you said Ed, I think its the name "Tacking software" that worries people. It gives out the wrong idea of what it is.I would like tracking software to show my win/losses as well as others for easier table selection, but I wouldn't want it to show where people are leaking, lets face it we make money from players leaks, so if they have software telling them how to play it will be alot harder to win on Sky, and lets face it, we love Sky because its so soft.
  • ybyb
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TRACKING SOFTWARE:
    As you said Ed, I think its the name "Tacking software" that worries people. It gives out the wrong idea of what it is.I would like tracking software to show my win/losses as well as others for easier table selection, but I wouldn't want it to show where people are leaking, lets face it we make money from players leaks, so if they have software telling them how to play it will be alot harder to win on Sky, and lets face it, we love Sky because its so soft.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    This

no tracking software please
  • edited October 2010
    i disagree with stien about mostly useful for cash players. know what % of hands your opponenet is shoving in each position depending on how many bbs they have is pretty f ing awesome
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

And the sample size is.......... how often do you sit with the same player in a tourney? Your just getting numbers and the table breaks. Maybe after all its more releveant on here with a smaller player pool but you would have to play tournies non stop on the big sites to get a sample size big enough to make a decent read based on the stats with the vast number of players, how often are you sat with the same players.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TRACKING SOFTWARE : And the sample size is.......... how often do you sit with the same player in a tourney? Your just getting numbers and the table breaks. Maybe after all its more releveant on here with a smaller player pool but you would have to play tournies non stop on the big sites to get a sample size big enough to make a decent read based on the stats with the vast number of players, how often are you sat with the same players.
    Posted by stien
    I strongly disagree with this comment over the last 2 months i have played 26,000 cash game and rush poker hands on full tilt all observed by my holdem idicator, there are players i sit down with that i have hundreads of hands of data on, it is invaluable when all of the players use it
  • edited October 2010
    KKarlos hes talking about tournaments not cash games, which he is correct about
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ding ding

finally someone with a brain
  • edited October 2010
    it's acceleration of natural progression, with time people will start to fix leaks in their game, this accelerates that process. As you well know PT3 or HEM will not tell you how to play, it is not a bot or an insta fix for a bad player. I'm happy to accept that people don't want it here and conceed that the site will probably never allow it but to make out that a traking system which databases your own hands is somehow telling you how to play is incorrect and scare mongering.

AJS & Flash don't want it because to tables will get harder (And that is a Correct assumtion), the fact that they already have limited leaks and can dominate their opponents helps to colour their opinion. The tables will get harder for those currently winning, the game will start to make more sense to those currently dropping money down the drain. This argument just depends on which side of that coin you fall. And considering estimates that only 5% of online players actually make a profit i am very supprised that the opinion is those losing money don't want to tighten up there leaks????

I'll go with the flow as i can always use these on other sites but as i've said in prior posts i am concious of people making a decision based on things they know nothing about form statments made like "Software Telling them how to play" - This just isn't the case
  • edited October 2010
    yeah but aslong as their bad decisions agree with your well reasoned decisions about games getting tougher, who cares!
  • edited October 2010
    yeah but aslong as their bad decisions agree with your well reasoned decisions about games getting tougher, who cares!
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Think you misunderstood that,

The games get harder for those currently winning because at the moment it takes people a long time to identify and dispose of the various leaks in their game, Those winning are approx 5% of the player population I.E out of all the people voting in this thread there will be very few who are actually winning players. Now if your smashing the profit at the moment then of course you don't want the competition improving (thus the example of AJS & Flash but that was by no means a go at them, in their position who would want the fish getting smarter?) My shock is that while i get their stand point i don't get the masses of those giving their money away currently that don't want to irradicate the leaks in their game
  • edited October 2010

the proportion of winning players on the forum is definately higher than the general sky population.

anyway i disagree with what you are saying, not many fish or non serious players are going to invest the time and money in buying software and analysing their game.. it completely contradicts the reason they are here (to gamble and spin up money) anyway even if they did they will prob not play enough hands and their results will be skewed by variance.

This would mainly change the game between regs vs regs, and imo not for the better. and each level would just get harder, as it is i wud say the average nl50 game here (sterling) is probly about as tough as a nl10 (USD) on stars or ftp..

as mentioned i just think it will make the mid stakes much tougher, in turn certain players who can survive and win at this level atm will have to drop down, then they will beat the lower stake regs out of the lower stakes games, these regs have to move down to play the micros and you end up with a much tougher site. (obv a gross exageration of what will happen, but to an extent accurate)

I am by no means a reg, or even winning player and i detest the thought of software on sky. it is so off putting and as a casual depositer i wud not be able to deposit £50 and spin it up because the games wud be much tougher, EV spots become obsolete.

I hate hate hate it so %"£(!!DH"&! ing much!

• edited October 2010
    if sky want more players, just offer a better cash 4 points offer, i reckon its the equivalent to between 5/10% rakeback depending on volume which is as stingy as my bloke opposite my desk who wont even share his maltesers (125g bag). where almost any other site offers 27% -40% rakeback through an affiliate
  • edited October 2010
    Hi,

There are many reasons to be able to download the hand history:

- to use a hand replayer
    - to do stats and analysis
    - to post hands to forums, blogs and websites...

In my opinion, it simply makes sense to allow the hand history to be downloaded. Obviously the new downloadable client (I am a beta tester) could easily allow local storage of hand history.

And once this is enabled, trackers will be compatible whether people like it or not.

Should they be banned ? No, there is no reason. After all, a tracker does not do anything you could not do manually. If you already make notes like "this guy 3 bets" or "this guy folds as BB when reraised" or "this guy always does continuation bets of half the pot", you are basically doing a tracker's job. A tracker simply does all this faster.

Regards,

Max
  • edited October 2010
    Some geeks have already custom made hand history tracking software for sky. I hope Sky start encrypting hand histories. I hope tracking software never becomes widely available for use on sky. 
  • edited October 2010
    I use it on other sites, its a great tool

Will improve the standard on here alot though which may not be so good

Also with downloadable client and tracking software you will get more serious players looking for easy money.

In my humble opinion
  • edited October 2010
    Some geeks have already custom made hand history tracking software for sky. I hope Sky start encrypting hand histories. I hope tracking software never becomes widely available for use on sky. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    +1
  • edited October 2010
    Should they be banned ? No, there is no reason. After all, a tracker does not do anything you could not do manually. If you already make notes...you are basically doing a tracker's job. A tracker simply does all this faster. Regards, Max
    Posted by lastpoet22
    I think having a HUD is something you cannot replicate with 'extensive notes'.

i dont care about the post game analysis thats fine, its the heads up display dictating peoples play that grinds my gears.

what Browndog says is alarming if true.

skypoker has its very own russ hamilton wannabe, i wud luv to kno who it was
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TRACKING SOFTWARE : +1
    Posted by offshoot
    +2

• edited October 2010
    lol @ those people who think it's that easy to just 'make a poker tracker for sky'. if it was it would already have been done.

it's not like sky haven't made it hard enough as it is, with lack of access to hh's, the hh formats being images + them never coming locally. 

parsing one wall of hh text and getting an output that's readable is one thing, let alone doing it multiple times and getting a commercial database application to accept it.

I hope Sky start encrypting hand histories.

What does this even mean?! You don't want to be able to access a hand you've played recently or look it up in the hh window? you don't want to look to see what your oppo went to showdown with?

People talking about hud's and stuff are dreamers lol, we can only just tile our tables!!!! dreaaaam on
  • edited October 2010
    Didn't you used to be really opposed to tracking software?
  • edited October 2010
    Didn't you used to be really opposed to tracking software?
    Posted by BrownnDog

Where have I said anything with regards to either opinion?

• edited October 2010
    the proportion of winning players on the forum is definately higher than the general sky population. anyway i disagree with what you are saying, not many fish or non serious players are going to invest the time and money in buying software and analysing their game.. it completely contradicts the reason they are here (to gamble and spin up money) anyway even if they did they will prob not play enough hands and their results will be skewed by variance. This would mainly change the game between regs vs regs, and imo not for the better. and each level would just get harder, as it is i wud say the average nl50 game here (sterling) is probly about as tough as a nl10 (USD) on stars or ftp.. as mentioned i just think it will make the mid stakes much tougher, in turn certain players who can survive and win at this level atm will have to drop down, then they will beat the lower stake regs out of the lower stakes games, these regs have to move down to play the micros and you end up with a much tougher site. (obv a gross exageration of what will happen, but to an extent accurate) I am by no means a reg, or even winning player and i detest the thought of software on sky. it is so off putting and as a casual depositer i wud not be able to deposit £50 and spin it up because the games wud be much tougher, EV spots become obsolete. I hate hate hate it so %"£(!!DH"&! ing much!
    Posted by hotpotato
    Highlighted some of your points for reply

1) Your prob right there will be a higher proportion of winning players on the forum than the site,  may be supprised as to how few it is though, its certainly not every player who says they are winning :) lol

2)There are tons of people who buy them that are not full time or even any good. Thats how the companies that sell them survive, by doing it to the mass market

3) At one time i would have agreed but i think the standard of nl50 on the site has drastically increased

4) If your having a gamble to spin money up then this would be influenced by the variance and may be less dependant on your skill level and more on if the cards fall your way

like i said i understand if the site doesn't implement them, i just don't want less experianced players being influenced by the thought that trakers somehow mean a system is playing for someone, or that it's going to suddenly make everybody a great player :) gl on the tables

ACES
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TRACKING SOFTWARE : Where have I said anything with regards to either opinion?
    Posted by beaneh

I vaguely remember you saying something on this forum or maybe blonde. Maybe it was someone else...
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: TRACKING SOFTWARE : I vaguely remember you saying something on this forum or maybe blonde. Maybe it was someone else...
    Posted by BrownnDog

it could have been me ages ago, i'm so opinionated dontyaknow

just thought you meant from this thread, read your post then replied then re-read my posts and was like hmm where did I say anything lol.

You're lucky that there's an error with the hand histories from march and before otherwise i'd try and manually find that TT hand and abuse you more ahahahahahaha
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    its the heads up display dictating peoples play that grinds my gears.
    Posted by hotpotato
    If the heads up display dictates your play, you are not using it correctly. A tool will never replace a brain...

Be happy if someone is using a HUD like that, you can easily outsmart them.

Regards,

Max