You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players???

edited November 2010 in Area 51
Are there any players out there who make money on their other sites but find beat after beat on sky???  Are there players who keep flopping a set and getting done by an over set????  are there players who turn a full house and the other guy has 4 of a kind???

Maybe its just me but i dont think so, any site with a whole forum area for this sort of thing tells a story, just like some sites that have bad beat jackpots, if you get 4 of a kind 7's or better and get beat omg thats crazy, but a few sites have them, i would settle for the best hand holding up for a change, i stick up for sky poker most of the time but this run takes the p i s s, what i am winning on FT and PS i loose  on here!

Comments

• edited October 2010
    FT is much better mate , I agree.
    At least there the bad beats seem to be somewhere around  where you would expect them to be, percentage wise.
    Here it is plain ridiculous how many times they occur.

Shame really cos I like the general atmosphere here.
  • edited October 2010
    I wish i could argue with you about the amount as i luv playing here BUT i cannot ;o(
  • edited October 2010

AGREED with both of you, i played 26,000 hands on FT over the last 2 months both rush and full ring, and made a nice profit, but on sky it just keeps on going wrong, even though i know i am playing very well

• edited October 2010
    I tell you what sky that last flush versus flush has done it i am off you need to be able to review hands on a program like pokertrace, and untill you have a downloadable package that allows this it isnt possible
  • edited October 2010
    If you are winning on other sites WHY are you not playing there??  If I was on a site and constantly winning I would never consider even looking at another site. 
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players???:
    If you are winning on other sites WHY are you not playing there??  If I was on a site and constantly winning I would never consider even looking at another site. 
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I think probably because no other site can offer both a great community AND their own channel like 865,he also states that he IS playing on other sites but prefers maybe what i have said and some of the tournys this site offers.I play other sites,i too win more on other sites BUT i luv what this site offers.The only thing wrong imo on here is that the rng has ALOT of pre-determined hands that generate flushes and st8's so is therefore harder to make very good starting hands actually hold up.
  • edited October 2010
    Hey

I have had to delete a post as it breaks the house rules, you can find the Forum Rules
    here

Thank you for your understanding

Sky Mod
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players???:
    Hey I have had to delete a post as it breaks the house rules, you can find the Forum Rules here Thank you for your understanding Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    Okay so sky cannot answer my questions about this so they delete my post, can you explain which rules i breached in this post?  Maybe its a bit close to home?
  • edited October 2010
    FTP uses the below so ensure its rng is random what does sky do to ensure this?

FTP RNG uses three separate sources which apply algorithms to generate 
    32-bit random numbers. The three random numbers are then XORed together to 
    generate a new random number. XORing a random number against any other 
    number produces a new number equally random to the preceding numbers. So 
    even if two out of the three sources failed to generate sufficiently 
    random numbers, the final XORed number will still be random provided at 
    least one of the three given numbers is random.
    This holds true as long as the two numbers are uncorrelated, so it's 
    critical that all the different values come from independent sources. If 
    the numbers were correlated, the randomness could be canceled by the XOR 
    operation.
    To ensure true randomness, FTP RNG uses several redundant and independent 
    sources including two different pseudo-RNGs and a physical source:
    1) The ISAAC pseudo-RNG.
    2) The OpenSSL pseudo-RNG.
    3) A hardware RNG that has a physical source of entropy.
  • edited October 2010
    just get better at the pokerz, simplez
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : Okay so sky cannot answer my questions about this so they delete my post, can you explain which rules i breached in this post?  Maybe its a bit close to home?
    Posted by KKarlos93
    Hi

The forum rules can be found here.

Thanks for your understanding

Sky Mod
  • edited October 2010
    just get better at the pokerz, simplez
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I will happily play you at FTP heads up if you like?? blinds $0.50 $1 stacks of $100 each?  PM me if your interested, i am a good player i make money on FTP and PS 26,000 hands of cash and rush the last 8 weeks returned a nice profit, but the last 2 weeks sky has been taking the micky
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : Hi The forum rules can be found here . Thanks for your understanding Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    TBH I don’t understand I read the rules and I want to know which ones I was in breach of?  I can’t see as I did break any apart from implying sky poker is not random at all and it can manipulate the outcome of hands, do you care to respond to those allegations or my above remaks regarding how random your RNG actually is?
  • edited October 2010
    Hi

I think sky mod may mean this one:•    Include links/ URLs of other communities/ forums
  • edited October 2010
    Hi I think sky mod may mean this one: •    Include links/ URLs of other communities/ forums
    Posted by acebarry10
    ahhh yes but the rule is
    •    Include URLs of third party websites which may contain offensive or illegal material

I did not break this rule the web site i posted completely discredits sky's RNG
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : I will happily play you at FTP heads up if you like?? blinds $0.50 $1 stacks of $100 each?  PM me if your interested, i am a good player i make money on FTP and PS 26,000 hands of cash and rush the last 8 weeks returned a nice profit, but the last 2 weeks sky has been taking the micky
    Posted by KKarlos93
    whats ur ftp alias?
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : whats ur ftp alias?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    do you want to play me heads up? or are you going to have a look on sharkscope at my stats???
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : do you want to play me heads up? or are you going to have a look on sharkscope at my stats???
    Posted by KKarlos93
    if you've won your millions playin cash why would i bother 2 look at sharkscope
  • edited October 2010
    just about had it, some of the hands im losing against are out of this world!!!. it cant just be variance...i really used to love playin poker: putting my wits against other players. learning all the time ,outwitting and being outwitted ,having fun in the chatbox, it was relaxing and fun. but over the last six or so months i can honestly say things arent right play seems worse ,players going all in when there way,way behind and amazingly hitting.best hands just dont seem to win anymore!!!!!!  good play just doest seem to be rewarded,bad play and insane raises and all ins seem to hit even when there outs are streets away. its nothing to do with sour grapes because i love playin live poker for much bigger stakes than ido on this site. i used to take something from every winning and losing hhand ,replay it to see if i did all i could to win the hand. now there doesnt seem any point!.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : if you've won your millions playin cash why would i bother 2 look at sharkscope
    Posted by SHANXTA
    did i say millions? i dont think so i just make a decent return
  • edited October 2010
    just about had it, some of the hands im losing against are out of this world!!!. it cant just be variance...i really used to love playin poker: putting my wits against other players. learning all the time ,outwitting and being outwitted ,having fun in the chatbox, it was relaxing and fun. but over the last six or so months i can honestly say things arent right play seems worse ,players going all in when there way,way behind and amazingly hitting.best hands just dont seem to win anymore!!!!!!  good play just doest seem to be rewarded,bad play and insane raises and all ins seem to hit even when there outs are streets away. its nothing to do with sour grapes because i love playin live poker for much bigger stakes than ido on this site. i used to take something from every winning and losing hhand ,replay it to see if i did all i could to win the hand. now there doesnt seem any point!.
    Posted by heathy13
    I hear exactly where you are coming from, loads of sky players have been saying the same as us lately
  • edited October 2010
    Karlos i would love to know IF the following IS possible?

Is it possible for an RNG to deal hands to any number of players and then whoever decides to play their hand the RNG then deals the FLOP,TURN and RIVER accordingly.

I ask this as i cannot possibly see any other way that an RNG could manipulate cards.

If no RNG can do this then i cannot see how anything could be manipulated.

Thoughts/knowledge on this ANYONE?
  • edited October 2010
    Ok. Here's one to consider.

Maybe more bad beats occur because there's more donk play? If you're always getting your money in good, you're gonna have outdraws. The main reason for all the bad beats is because of the amount of donk play. Simples.

If you don't have people always going in with rubbish hands, you're not going to get loads of outdraws. Other sites have a generally stronger standard of play, so people go in with better hands. Here, a lot of people are less than great, which means a lot of stupid hands where your kings get cracked by 7-3. Obviously unlikely to happen on FTP because people don't call off their stack with 7-3.

Now ask yourself- do you want to play against a guy willing to stack off with 7-3, or a guy who you'll have to work forever to bleed chips from? The outdraws hurt more in the former, but in the main you'll make a much bigger profit if you're patient.
  • edited October 2010
    Ok. Here's one to consider. Maybe more bad beats occur because there's more donk play? If you're always getting your money in good, you're gonna have outdraws. The main reason for all the bad beats is because of the amount of donk play. Simples. If you don't have people always going in with rubbish hands, you're not going to get loads of outdraws. Other sites have a generally stronger standard of play, so people go in with better hands. Here, a lot of people are less than great, which means a lot of stupid hands where your kings get cracked by 7-3. Obviously unlikely to happen on FTP because people don't call off their stack with 7-3. Now ask yourself- do you want to play against a guy willing to stack off with 7-3, or a guy who you'll have to work forever to bleed chips from? The outdraws hurt more in the former, but in the main you'll make a much bigger profit if you're patient.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    +1 to this really.

Sky has a pretty small player pool compared to say FT, and I'd say there is more quality there as well. Sure, Sky does have some good players here, but personally I'd say the lower limits here are weaker here than on fulltilt. Not saying all the lower limit players here suck, just that think the overall tougher games on FT or PS mean less fishy calling down with bad hands, and so less badbeats.

That said you get them there as well, and FT has its own very long, and very boring "rigged" thread, where they claim the RNG is rigged or not random etc. Seriously every site has its players that complain its not fair, but I haven't yet seen one person prove it in any way what so ever, and all they provide is small samples of hands where they took a badbeat, while forgetting all the times their hands held up just fine.
  • edited October 2010
    Karlos i would love to know IF the following IS possible? Is it possible for an RNG to deal hands to any number of players and then whoever decides to play their hand the RNG then deals the FLOP,TURN and RIVER accordingly. I ask this as i cannot possibly see any other way that an RNG could manipulate cards. If no RNG can do this then i cannot see how anything could be manipulated. Thoughts/knowledge on this ANYONE?
    Posted by debdobs_67

As stated by Sky their rng  (and pokerstars) works like a live deck except there are no burn cards,when the deal starts,the shuffling stops and the order of the 52 cards is set whatever action takes place.

Full Tilt's rng is a continuous shuffle,so no order is set and every card is completely random.

Some people prefer sky's method as it is more like live,others full tilt's for it's complete randomness,I don't care I always get outdrawn with either method.

• edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Is Sky Poker taking the Mickey out of most of its players??? : As stated by Sky their rng  (and pokerstars) works like a live deck except there are no burn cards,when the deal starts,the shuffling stops and the order of the 52 cards is set whatever action takes place. Full Tilt's rng is a continuous shuffle,so no order is set and every card is completely random. Some people prefer sky's method as it is more like live,others full tilt's for it's complete randomness,I don't care I always get outdrawn with either method.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    Ty dino for replying,xxx
  • edited October 2010

Well I have to say that I totally agree that the RNG here is totally skewed.  The ridiculous outdraws happen far too frequently to be statistically accurate.  It gets to the point that when the money goes in on the flop and the cards are flipped, you know what's coming despite being often a massive favourite against 5 outs or less.  Of course, you console yourself with the thought that you are 4 to 1 on or better and when it blows up that there will be a reciprocal number of times that you win in the same situation...except that you don't.  You never see the same situation with your hand holding up as it never seems to occur.  Cash is diabolical and tourneys are even worse.  There the RNG deliberately eliminates players to shrink the field based on the time elapsed factor.  Never noticed how all tourneys lose half of the field by the first break?  Co-incidence??  I don't think so.  I used to be a staunch supporter of internet poker but not anymore.  The last 6 years have seen me totally rethink my standpoint.  Oh sure, sites *claim* to be certified, but what actually has been checked?  I'll tell you; the only thing that is checked is the number of times each card combination is dealt preflop.  The things that should be checked are:

1) Hand distribution frequency ( AA vs KK etc)
    2) When all-in, are the hands in front actually winning to their respective percentages over a significant sample?  i.e. 54/46 over 100k hands should reveal a 54% win rate - or very very close.

There are others but, to be frank, it's pointless going on.  Nothing will change while there are people still prepared to play.  The RNG seems intent on keeping the money in even distribution as much as possible which means that with the same pool of cash going around continuously, then more rake will be taken from it over all.

Well played SKY - at least D*ck Turpin had the decency to wear a mask...

• edited October 2010
    what answer do you want them to give? RNG is random there is no reason for sky to fix hands. just because you get outdrawn alot on here doesnt mean there is something wrong with the rng or sky is fixed

You may run better on other sites, any 2 cards can beat any other 2 cards whether it wins the correct % of the time is down to bit of luck really your not going to mirror or even with variance anything near the normal odds as your be playing different people and different ways each time. I have enough bad beats to know but never blame the software its just poker! random i have had it live home games on other sites aswell dont let it affect you, i find if you expect a bad beat they tend to happen more when you think they will

Debs your miss run good so probably due to lose every now and again ;o) X
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I don't agree, i play across many sites dependent on the tournaments or game types i am looking to play. I may play the open on here but not like the 10pm tourney for which i'll switch to stars Tilt or BBP. While playing tournies i will always have 1 or 2 cash tables running to keep the mind occupied. Perfectly understandable to play multiple sites, just don't understand why the OP thinks Sky would bother to single them out for bad beats?
  • edited October 2010
    There are 2 types of RNG hardware and software, it is impossible for a software (computer) RNG to be random, unless someone has invented Artifical inteligence it is impossible, sky do not use the same system as FT they use 3 RNG 2 seperate software and 1 hardware then through formula the 3 added together create a new completely random number or so they say, the problem all the sites have is that to keep the RNG secure(so you dont get the super users like on ultimate bet) to keep them secure they use algorithims to do this and that is where they can be manipulated

If an RNG is random then why would they write algorithms that say a certain percentage of the time player A will hit a flush or set or nothing?  The simple answer is that it can be manipulated to deal however they want them to, drop me a PM if anyone wants a link to a very good article i have read on this