You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    +1 to Hartigan's comment for DTW Bandit to get rid of his pic - I h8 em and can't read your posts im afraid Michael - Just glad im not the only one lol!!
  • edited October 2010

Didn't mean to offend James & Dylan12 so i've uploaded another Picture which i'm sure you will find more easier on the eyes lol  Michael
  • edited October 2010
     Just to be pedantic there are only 2 poisonous snakes in the entire world. This is just because poisonous refers to the effect they have when they are eaten. The adder/viper and all of the others are venomous and not poisonous.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
      Didn't mean to offend James & Dylan12 so i've uploaded another Picture which i'm sure you will find more easier on the eyes lol  Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    M8 you never offended me!! Just can't stand em lol
    Glad youve changed it tho - can't wait to see the new one :)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : M8 you never offended me!! Just can't stand em lol Glad youve changed it tho - can't wait to see the new one :)
    Posted by dylan12

No probs m8y should be up tomorrow lol
  • edited October 2010
    I didnt realise dtw's pic was a snake I thought it was dog poop!

Should of gone to specsavers!!
  • edited October 2010
    A Snake Oooooo I love snakes, they are gorgeous, Ive held a few in my time, Snakes FTW
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Hi Kkarlos, Just to reiterate I absolutely did not infer that you were a racist - happy to set the record straight. I was simply making the point that to me slow rolling is unacceptable behaviour. If you feel it is fair tactic then obviously you can simply carry on doing it. 
    Posted by TrevorH
    Hi Trevor I didnt say I was being accussed of being racist just that slow rolling had been compaired to a football player being racist, and that that comment was out of order, I have watched the repeated show a couple of times (in an attempt to see if i could have laid down those kings) and this is how it looks, dont worry about it anyway i dont expect to be playing on sky again, the last couple of weeks i have been running very poor on sky but good everywhere else, I might return to playing on sky if/when i can track my play accurately, i might stay active on the forum though
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Hi Trevor I didnt say I was being accussed of being racist just that slow rolling had been compaired to a football player being racist, and that that comment was out of order, I have watched the repeated show a couple of times (in an attempt to see if i could have laid down those kings) and this is how it looks, dont worry about it anyway i dont expect to be playing on sky again, the last couple of weeks i have been running very poor on sky but good everywhere else, I might return to playing on sky if/when i can track my play accurately, i might stay active on the forum though
    Posted by KKarlos93

Hey Karlos

Just use a spreadsheet and make sure you record every penny you invest and every penny of return you make.  If you're running bad and don't know if this is bad varience or a leak in your game there's a few things you can do.  Once I thought I couldn't win a race AIPF no matter the cards.  I recorded all such instances for the last 100 IAPF, looked at the percentage chances in the hand and found out I was actually running good.

Examining hand histories and recording all investments are vital IMO
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: 'Tis a rather large and entertaining diversion (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Hey Tommy, massive respect to your game by the way, but i dont have too many leaks, i make good money on the big 2 sites playing a very similar way to i do on sky, i want to use a program such as pokertrace but i cannot as sky doesnt support them, its not the bad beats i am worried about its the nearly win hands where my oponent has a slightly better hand i dont mean the KK v AA of last week but set v over set, flush v better flush and even a flopped full house with JJ v 44 only for the turn - river to give the villan 4 of a kind I dont know what to make of it tbh but articles like this seem to make sense http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=246618806&blogId=534224442&swapped=true
    Posted by KKarlos93
    I could copy and paste laods of hand historys from this month alone where ive been flush over flushed, set over set, one outered etc etc everyone runs bads, but heres the choice people make...

you run bad ----- />you work on fixing your leaks(unless youre playing the very top limits you have a ton of them). You adjust your game. You realise that if you keep getting your moeny in good you will win. Coolers happen,remember all the times you cooler other people. If you keep this mindset you are in a position to improve.

heres the other option most people take...

you run bad ------ /> you bemoan your luck, you dwell over every little hand which doesnt go your way, you think the reason you are losing is because of bad luck. You think youre playing perfectly. You run worse than anyone in the world. It cant be your own skills so there must be something shady going on. Rather than working on any part of your game you decide it must be rigged, becuase theres no other possible way you could be losing. You continue to lose because rather than thinking aobut how to improve you decide that its out of your control.