You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

15 MINS......Past The Hour.!!

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 15 MINS......Past The Hour.!!:
    Hey Greg, I think Annie has got it spot on. You are only making the raise you did make to take down the blinds or fold to a re-raise. And the reason for that is, otherwise you would have gone all-in in the 1st place. By calling the re-raise all in, you are then most likely dominated or flipping a coin at best. Surely after the strength you have shown with your initial raise, the chance of someone then coming over the top with kj or qj is much less than 10%, especially against the quality of players you were playing. I think you knew this deep down, which is why you did not go all in first and left yourself back 2000+ chips which were plenty to find another better spot, but then when you were pushed back at, you just couldn't find the fold button. Of course, it is very easy to analyse this in the cold light of day and out of the heat of battle, but just giving my honest opinion, that's all. Best of luck in your future play and COME ON U SPURS!!!!!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks for your comments m8, i appreciate it and i agree with you. Another lesson learnt. It wasnt the worst call in the world but it was a "gamblers" call. I dont want to gamble i want to play poker.

Thanks again and gl to you too and to the mighty Spurs!

Greg
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 15 MINS......Past The Hour.!!:
    Hey Greg, I think Annie has got it spot on. You are only making the raise you did make to take down the blinds or fold to a re-raise. And the reason for that is, otherwise you would have gone all-in in the 1st place. By calling the re-raise all in, you are then most likely dominated or flipping a coin at best. Surely after the strength you have shown with your initial raise, the chance of someone then coming over the top with kj or qj is much less than 10%, especially against the quality of players you were playing. I think you knew this deep down, which is why you did not go all in first and left yourself back 2000+ chips which were plenty to find another better spot, but then when you were pushed back at, you just couldn't find the fold button. Of course, it is very easy to analyse this in the cold light of day and out of the heat of battle, but just giving my honest opinion, that's all. Best of luck in your future play and COME ON U SPURS!!!!!
    Posted by JingleMa
    SPOT. ON.  jinglema...xplained  in a totaly  gentish  way..  maby the 10%  is a bit over  ...its probily about   1%..